The smoothness of Turkish and Burly, with the slight sweetness of matured Virginias, and a little top dressing for a pleasant aroma gives a delightfully easy smoke, mellow as Old gold

BrandWesley's
Taste
mo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mo (78)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

One of my early favourites. I remember it as being sweet and not really a biter. Since i have discovered tinned Virginia and Va/Per blends, i find it impossible to go back to the Old blends i started out with.

Nothing wrong with it though. I remember i used to mix it with about 30% black cavendish ( the thought of it makes me pucker up now, but at the time i really enjoyed it )

I guess for a newbie it will be a good smoke because it works well in all pipes and builds a cake very well.

For the record, i do remember it as being delicious.

When starting out smoking a pipe, i was looking for blends that had some VitN. As far as i know, most pipers start out with blends like these and it is here that i learnt the art of packing, tamping and taking it slow.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all who are responsible for this site, you have no idea how much we appreciate it.

Mo, South Africa