Skandinavik Arabica is a unique mixture of flue cured Virginia and full bodied burley. Part of the blend is gently pressed and rubbed up, while the other part is loose cut. This special preparation ensures a smooth and pleasant smoke finalized with notes of Arabica coffee beans and fine vanilla.

BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended ByPeter Stokkebye
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
FlavoringCoffee, Vanilla
Packaging50 grams pouch
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Pleasant, Tolerable
1.5
GrowingMyOwnFood Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
GrowingMyOwnFood (14)
Mild Mild Very Mild Tolerable

I am a bit disappointed by this blend. I was expecting a strong presence of coffee, but I felt close to nothing of it. The overall taste is rather bland and uninteresting. In the pouch it is somewhat pleasant, but I could not smell any coffee. It is instead a rather bland liquory smell, with vague notes of vanilla. It burns easily and it's relatively dry with no tongue bite, but the strength of the tobacco is rather weak and unimpressive. I can't comment on the room note. The pouch says 4 out of 5, but I have the feeling it's not really a tobacco that makes people around you smile in delight. I may give it another shot just because every tobacco deserves another chance, but I would not recommend this tobacco. It's ok as a standby if there's nothing else around, or for first-time smokers, but with so many more interesting mixtures out there, there's not a lot of reasons to indulge in it.

Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (187)

Arabica is a pleasant aromatic. Opening the pouch you are greeted by a sort of "capuccino" flavour. Tobacco is mainly of bright colour with some "black dots", not wet but a bit sticky. I should correct my presentation of this product, and say that the cut is mostly medium-short ribbon with a very minor part of broker flake. The leaves appear to be good quality and soft; I found very few pieces of stem. One light is enough to keep it lit, then it delivers a good volume of sweet smoke, a slightly citrusy note to be remarked. Never hot or biting, never heating up the bowl. Short sips will keep your palate safe from the typical "waxing" of the aromatics. The strength remains always on the mild side. The flavouring reflects more - and very pleasantly - on the nose than the taste buds. The blender has not used a heavy hand. The body is a bit weak, I'm just thinking to reinforce it with a small part of Kentucky (one Toscanello Coffee flavoured should be enough for my scope). Nice experience indeed, as a change of pace. I do not intend Arabica to be for daily use.