Stoved Virginia with lesser amounts of Burley, and 15% Perique makes for a slightly sweet, smoky blend. More Perique can be added if you're a Perique-freak.

BrandJohn Patton
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Perique
Strength
Taste
Coffeecup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Coffeecup (13)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend is a bit milder than what I usually smoke, but the mix of stoved Virginia and burley works nicely with the Perique. It has a good, balanced flavor that is a nice break from heavier blends.

DLT Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DLT (8)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is an interesting Virginia blend, with just the right dash of Perique for my tastes. Too much Perique, to me at least, is likely to put me off a tobacco. Another reviewer said that the tobacco bit him. I detected no bite whatsoever, merely a nicely composed smoke with good mouth feel.

My wife told me, upon being in the same room with me, that the room note was "really nice", which is a definite plus.

It is a mild tobacco, which accounts for a three-star rating. I generally smoke ropes, twists, etc for the nicotine jolt, so I might throw in a pinch or two for "medicinal" purposes.

All in all, a good smoke. If you are a Virginia fan, this could well be an all-day tobacco for you.

Gig Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gig (10)

John Patton?s ?Delhi Township?

This tobacco whilst smoking it reminded me of Spyglass except there was no latakia added to it. Instead there is a spicy tingle in the mouth, the15% perique which has been added to this blend is the culprit. The perique is not strong thank goodness as I don?t like a tobacco with the aftertaste of pepper. The percentage was just right for me. It?s earthy, nutty and slightly salty on the palate and lips but very pleasant. I did not get any sweetness from the stoved virgina but rather a darker fuller flavour making for a Smokey blend. When I was smoking this tobacco I had an urge to have a pint of dark ale with it as it would make a great companion with it. It's good blend for those that like a lighter peique smoke like me

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)

My guess is that this was an attempt at creating a VA/Per blend. The attempt failed. The Perique is essentially silent while the Virgina and Burley fight it out to see which one can bite the hardest. Flavor is not a pleasant experience either.

This sampler has included a lot of misses. I'm regretting even going to the trouble of smoking it.

4Noggins, What were you thinking?