Captain Bob's Blend. Named and developed for friend and customer Capt. Bob Coffey. A blend of Virginias and Burleys with just a dash of Latakia and Perique and finished with a refreshing flavor.

Blended ByTarler/Coffey

2.9
Captain bob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Captain bob (38)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews of CBB. Craig Tarler (C&D) and I experimented over a period of three years to create the blend that I always wanted but could never find.

The result is a light English aromatic with unique character, taste and aroma. I used a very small amount of Latakia in this blend. Kind of like I use pepper on eggs. Just enough to know that it's there.

I am truly honored that Cornell & Diehl offers "Captain Bob's Blend" as one of their World-Renowned tobacco blends.

Enjoy a variety of tobacco blends. You will be rewarded and not tire out your taste buds!

PhillyB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PhillyB (65)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I'm confused. The smell I get from the tin is of a Grape Nehi, not even so much as a hint of tobacco. My college roommate, upon smelling it, described it with a confused look on his face. "What the hell? That smells like grape cough syrup!". Initially that smell set off all sorts of warning bells in my head, telling me to stop before I even got to the smoke. Then I smoked it.

That is where my confusion comes from. The flavor of the tobacco is so different that if there were no grape smell I might assume I was smoking a lovely English blend. Very sweet Virginia dominant English but there is definitely some savory stuff coming from the Latakia and Perique. The grape soda smell is all that the room note consists of and only ever lets itself be known in the first few minutes of smoking and very rarely from then on. Cornell & Diehl has done very well in this blend, or at least for me they have.

I can totally understand why this would put some people off. The flavors and smells are so disparate that purists could write it off completely. I like it, and will be buying more when the tin is emptied.

Side note: Would be aptly called "The Indecisive Englishman".

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Legend

Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

An everything but the kitchen sink blend. Actually, I think they threw in the kitchen sink too. Just look at that list of ingredients and imagine what it must taste like. I couldn't so I ordered some.

It's quite good. The underlying blend is very, very tasty. A good quality English. Most of the added flavors are too weak for me to pick up on though. I get the grape and the vanilla which combine to create a delicious creamy grape flavor. I never thought I'd smoke a grape flavored English, but here I am. I also would never have thought that this combo would work, but it does. It's a pleasant, enjoyable smoke. A solid 3.

Pipe Used: MM General, MM Country Gentleman

Age When Smoked: fresh bulk

Medium Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

Cap, I just tried this blend of yours and I have to say, it is the most interesting blend I have ever tried in 39 years. It smelled like grape Koolaide when I opened it and at first this really concerned me. I like some aromatics but I have never smelled grape scented tobacco like this. So, I loaded up my pipe to see what I was in for. The room note literally bloomed grape around me, not unpleasant but seemed so strange. I could taste more than grape though, I picked up other fruit flavors as well and as it burned down, I could pick up some of the tobacco tastes. I found that after smoking a whole bowl, it has to be the most gentle aromatic, and the flavor stayed with it all the way down. It was also the driest aromatic I've ever smoked, not a bit of gunk in my pipe and burned to a dark grey ash as the dottle, not a bit unburned. I found myself wanting to smoke another bowl very soon and as I am trying it I am finding I am enjoying this blend very much. My pipe does smell like grape Koolaide but what the heck, one bowl of Five Brothers burned that right out.

I have to recommend trying this blend! It is like none other you will try.

Somebody sure dumped a lot of different aromatic flavors in this one. A little bit on the overpowering side as far as an aromatic smoke goes, but with the base being misted rather than dunked, I did get a good, solid tobacco taste with Captain Bob along with the flavorings. Not really to my personal liking overall, and would have to demote Bob to a Corporal for coming up with this one.

Pipestud

Armeniandude Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Armeniandude (13)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Has a grape/grape soda smell and aroma. Nothing terribly extraordinary. I ordered this because of curiosity from all the reviews I've read. I actually really enjoyed this. It's exactly as it's described, nothing fancy to it, and like others have said, either you like it or you don't. If you're very picky, move on, if you're looking for something new and interesting to try, go for it.

the smell from the tobacco does permeate so I suggest storing it in a jar, even though it is an enjoyable smell. And to also use it with a cob or pipe you don't mind if there's ghosting.

Like I said, either you like it or you don't. I enjoyed it because I like grape soda which is what you'll get with this. It's a blend all its own.

Pipe Used: cob

clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (102)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Wonderful, Bizarre, Unique, Flavorful, nothing and I mean nothing quite like this blend.

Yes, you'll either Love it or Hate it. This Aromatic English Hybrid is predominately Grape Flavored. There is a bunch of other flavors too that make an appearance during a smoke. I taste caramel, Walnut, vanilla and citrus.

Weird huh? But throughout the smoke there is a tasty English that just does it right for me.

Can't say this every day smoke - but I Love to have a bowl now and then.

The tobacco will ghost your pipe but burns off after a pipe or two.

If you want to try something unique - then give it a whirl. I am glad I did.

Pipe Used: Mr Brog Lumberjack

Purchased From: C&D

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)
Mild Very Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Whew GRAPE!! I knew what I was getting into when I purchased this tin, I like aromatics, I like the tobacco's used but the grape is very overpowering. I will continue to smoke my tin and see if this is an acquired taste or if me and grape just do not get along. I truly applaud Capt. Bob for blending some fine stuff and C&D for letting him do his thing. This blend has top quality tobacco's present and you can tell the topping is not some chemical kool aid goop. The family absolutely loved the aroma and I hope that I acquire this taste because to be able to smoke a medium English in mixed company would be ideal!

puss n' pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
puss n' pipes (27)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Pleasant

This blend is in my personal list of the few English Aromatics excellently crafted and conceived, truly for coinosseurs and adventurers. The advertising is correct so you should not claim misleading afterall. This is an English AROMATIC, caps rightfully included. I bought it because intuition told me that if Cornell & Diehl made it a product it must be good or at least something interesting. It is both. Besides, according to my taste this has all the characteristics necessary to fulfull a great English aromatic.

Now when we deal with this kind of aromatic you will prefer to reserve a pipe for it, use a corncob or a Meerschaum as this blend will easily ghost your pipe, it has a potent aroma and will spice anything else you add into it. With that in mind, let´s proceed.

This is a vanguard blend in which all the ingredients used are expected but the rule for aromatization is not, it is rather radical and to some degree extreme. The aroma of grape cola, sweet orange peel and citrics is rather evident, so this sends this aromatic into the league of the Heavy ones, rather ubiquitous taste with varying degrees of intensity with a partial smokiness from the latakia and other half of burley dryness-nutyness. Not sweet but rather sour-sweet and astringent on the palate, i think this balance is what made it really interesting for me. Virginias add the sour-sweet touch, burley and latakia add the balance and the pinch of perique push just a tad of intensity.

Now it is for granted that the grape-cola with citrics will not be for everyone, some people will find it overhelming, but as i said before, this is an AROMATIC, full time. An exotic English Aromatic in the quality or similar league of Sillem's Black, a masterful made blend only for coinosseurs and daring people. An English with a sour-sweet character and lots of aromatic confidence.

Pipe Used: Principe Albert

Elwin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Elwin (12)

Years ago I thought I had given up on aromatics. Like others, I found that either they never tasted as good as they smelled, or were mainly hot, sweet steam with little to no nicotine. Finally, I'm happy to say that I stand corrected. Captain Bob has managed to blend up a tobacco that has both a flavor to match the smell, and still has room to provide a decent tobacco satisfaction. While I would never have thought that grape would be anything I was interested in, I was gladly proven wrong. There is so much more here than a simple, flavored cavendish. This is a top shelf blend that I plan on stocking up on. Thanks, Cap!

Coyote Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Coyote (7)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The Grape aroma is very strong in this one (as Yoda says). Here's the rub (Shakespeare). The smell is strong…the flavor…'not so much' as Jerry Seinfeld would say. This is another quality tobacco. Mild but with a definite push to ‘spicy-hot.' As many others have noted the Grape aroma is strong, but the smoking quality is very mild. I did not get the ‘citrus' that many others have noted, nor did I detect the maple and vanilla. The Latakia and Perique give it that nice ‘quality salsa' spiciness. It's not tongue bit or tongue burn but just a nice tongue-sting. I puffed a bunch, left the room, inhaled from my nose several times, walked back into my ‘shop' where I smoke my pipes and did Not smell any grape, honest swear to the Buddha. Here's where it gets interesting. Puffed up a ‘storm' went into the kitchen, washed some grapes, yep grapes, ate a few, went back and WOW! Nice flavor to this pipe tobacco. I have absolutely no idea why this did what it did with the grape fest. This is a mild pipe tobacco, BUT, it has some ‘spicy-hot' and some very subtle sweet, probably the VA. I love Burley and smoke a lot of it, quality burley usually like C&D Crooner but honestly I did Not taste the Burley in this one. I got the VA, most certainly got the Perique (spicy-hot), the Latakia is subdued and the ‘sauces' are so subtle to me to be way in the background. This is a wonderful blend. When I was smoking it I thought, “Ya know what? Someone (Captain Bob and Craig Tarler et al) really put a lot of thought into this, I can taste it.” This is a really good change of pace pipe tobacco.

cajomu Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cajomu (64)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

C&D Captain Bob's Blend is a good tobacco but not my cup of tea. The tin aroma is invitingly fruity and sweet, but it tastes entirely different than it smells. It is more of a rough cut than a broken flake, so it packs and lights easily. The moisture content is perfect. However, it does need a few relights to keep it burning.

So how does it taste? Well, that depends. To start, the flavoring is overwhelming and, IMO, not good. It reminded me of Dove soap. Fortunately, the top dressing quickly fades and the perique comes to the fore -- raisin and figs -- quite nice. By mid bowl, the Virginias make their presence known and predominate through most of the rest of the smoke -- nicely sweet. At the very end, one can taste the molasses of the burleys. I never tasted any latakia.

I give CBB credit for being an interesting tobacco. Few tobaccos that I have smoked have the range of flavors of CBB. I'm glad I tried it, but I don't intend to purchase again. It you are into non-traditional aromatics, you may like it more than I did.

UPDATE: The unlit tobacco smells strongly of grape soda. I've smoked this a few more times in a large Stanwell and, in the larger pipe, the Latakia is noticeable. Flavor-wise, CBB reminds me of Mac Baren Plum Cake. I like it much more in the larger pipe, so I've raised by rating to Recommended.

ANOTHER UPDATE: The more I smoke CBB, the more I like it. The secret is to retrohale frequently. This unlocks the full range of flavors and aromas of the tobacco, from the top dressing (which now reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum) for the first half of the smoke to the rich burley at mid-smoke to the Latakia at the end. Three-and-a-half stars.

Pipe Used: Luciano briar, large Stanwell briar

Age When Smoked: Recently purchased.

Purchased From: Pipes & Cigars

Similar Blends: Mac Baren Plum Cake.

ap Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ap (57)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

A nice change of pace, this weed is unique and very good, its nothing like those bland aromatics that tastes like hot air, this stuff is flavorfull , Burley, Virginias with some Latakia and Perique cased with a delicious flavor that dont mask the tobacco. Well done guys.

UncleSquinty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
UncleSquinty (26)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

I can smell the fruity aroma from six feet away as I walk toward my desk in The Dank Basement (TM). Yes... Grape soda. I put on one of my youtube videos about nasal snuff and zip the baggie open. It's moist, and it's damn well fruity-licious. But I also catch a whiff of Meyer's, or maybe Habana Club. Not much; sober Aunt Tillie wouldn't even disapprove. The form is nice...nice meaty chunks and smaller riboon-like pieces. I'm blind, don't ask me about colors. But it smells....well....like....grape soda. Folks, this tobacco is the equivalent of Purple Drank. Then I char it (3 tries after 10 minutes drying). It smolders, so I just let the third time on a match ride. I gently tamp. Fruity-licious. Look, it's rare for any fruit flavor to pop out at you, unless that topping offers more chemicals than Monsanto. Captain Bob's blend avoids this completely, while still stuffing your face with chewy smoke, good nicotine and may I repeat....fruity-licious flavor. BTW, this is the type of tobacco that the anti-smoking type might worry about exposing to kids... 4 stars, because sometimes grownups need a fruity-licious treat.

Pipe Used: Cobbs...this weed will ghost a pipe on first smoke

Age When Smoked: Fresh and damp from bulk

Purchased From: P&C... I think

Knightsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Knightsmoker (137)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a good quality aromatic. A very nice English tobacco base that does come through. It smokes clean and dry and overall it is a pleasant experience. The grape flavor, however, is really all that I can pick up from the various aromatic essences that have been added. It is a little much for me personally and not something that I would have thought to add to a tobacco. So a somewhat recommended rating from me as grape is not really a flavor that works alongside tobacco for me personally. If Welsh's grape juice (or grape Koolaide with a little Ever Clear mix) is your drink of choice with your pipe this might be a home run for you.

Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Cornell & Diehl - Captain Bob's Blend.

Rather than Broken Flake, the label of Ribbon would do, it looks like any other blend under that title. The smell? Heavily aromatic. It looks a bit on the dry side, but to be fair I've had it in the loose pouch for a few months waiting to be smoked.

The first aromatic I taste I notice is the vanilla, and to be fair this stays very present throughout. This is shortly followed by some grapes. These two flavours seem to domineer the profile for the whole bowl; there may be some caramel, nuts, maple etc, but these are nowhere near as potent. The topping hides a lot of the tobaccos' traits, and gives me a firm bite. Captain Bob's blend burns steady, but can become quite hot. But, being fair, that could partly down to my storage not being adequate, and it becoming dry!

The nicotine's medium, maybe a little above, and the room-note's pleasant enough.

Captain Bob's Blend? I don't like it. The taste is messy, it bites, burns hot, and I won't buy any again.

Pipe Used: Friday Altinok Lee Van Cleef

Age When Smoked: Two months

jwillis172 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jwillis172 (4)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Wow! What’s that smell? Opening the pouch brings forth a large bubble of grape flavored bubble gum, mixed with Nehi grape drink and maybe some Welch’s Grape Juice. I continue to sample the aroma, hoping for the grape to subside.

Visual inspection reveals some light colored ribbons, some darker cube cuts and a random cut of a black leaf. The darker brown tobacco appears to have been pressed. The other two components, light and black, appear as single leaf. There are a few clumps of bright, brown and black leaf. The pouch note is still grape. The moisture level is just about perfect. The tobacco is well separated by touch. After running my fingers through the pouch they come up clean, smelling of grape.

I chose a medium Nording bent billiard and use gravity feed followed by a light Frank tamp. I chose a light Pinot Noir pairing. The charring light brings forth a cloud of grape and raises a crown on packing. Lightly packed, the charring light goes out. A second charring light brings the same result. Tamp and light brings a small crown and finally some tobacco flavor mixed with grape. I take a sip of Pinot… Not bad. Two puffs later and the grape is back.

The pouch note, room note and taste are consistent, grape. The pinot removes the sweetness of the Nehi which returns after a puff or two. At this point I cannot understand the “point” of this blend. I do not want to smoke flavored tobaccos, at least not flavors that are better represented by the original constituent.

Overall the blend is mild, easy on the tongue and mild in strength. It burns with minimal relights to a grey ash with little dottle and pairs well with a Pinot Noir.

With all due respect to Captain Bob and the folks at C & D, I give this blend two stars.

Pipe Used: Nording Bent Billiard

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: None that I know of..

allmighty114 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
allmighty114 (1)

WARNING THIS STUFF STINKS BEFORE YOU SMOKE IT. After mostly smoking non aromatics I have decided to try some. I usually smoke Sam Gawith's tobaccos. I have started to appreciate some of the flavors of the aromatics. I saw the reviews here and decided to purchase several single once blends from Smoking Pipes. This smoke was kinda bland not much flavoring. What I couldn't stand was the smell in the raw form. This stuff stinks up a whole room just sitting in a bag in my tobacco cellar. ( Cellar is just a hutch ). It smells exactly like an adult book store. That sweet musty nasty smell that you don't want to know what it is. I moved the tobacco to the garage. The next morning the inside of my car smelled like it. It actually got into the car. I had to throw this stuff out. If I ever own acreage and have a small building out on the corner I will try this again and try to keep it 500 feet away from the house. I am just hoping the smell disappears or I am going to have to move.

Pipe Used: Viprati

Purchased From: Smoking pipes

Similar Blends: Adult Book Store.

leacha Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
leacha (15)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

When placing a baccy order I always like to add a tin or two of something outside of my comfort zone (Burley & VaPer). On one of my orders I decided on CBB mainly due to the fact that its Latakia component has been noted as a condiment leaf in this blend, which is how I prefer that leaf.

Much of the other reviews have touched on what this blend has in aroma and flavor. I'd like to add that this blend is outside the normal realm and you will either like it or not. You will not know until you give it a try.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum Falcon

Age When Smoked: New tin

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: Cornell & Diehl - Brigadier.

natibo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
natibo (166)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

Upgrading to 3 stars. This stuff is addictive.

OK. I'm upgrading this to 2 stars. It's not that bad, you just have to smoke a little more. The topping is unusual, and some may just love it.

I will have to say that I enjoy Captain Bob's posts and have taken some tobacco recommendations from him in the past and he has not led me astray. However, I found this tobacco to be awful. It smelled like bubble gum. It had some weird taste that I just could not take.

zulujerk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zulujerk (145)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Captain Bob is a great guy. I've read quite a few of his postings on various forums and he's always been especially candid about his creation, while being helpful and supportive to members. The pipe world could use more Captain Bob's. But his blend, I'm not so sure.

This stuff reeks. I bought two ounces, bulk, stuck it in an old C&D tin and threw it in my cabinet. I could smell it through the glass doors, five feet away. It was so bad I had to stash it atop my bookshelf with a few unsavory blends that I can't bear to throw away. The smell is odd. I know people are saying grape, but I don't get that. It smells like the rubber from fresh sneakers. Not that that's a bad thing, I kind of like the smell, but the problem is, that odd scent carries directly to the smoke. To me, it's not grape, it's not vanilla, it's not orange or even liquor. It's unlike anything I would like to smoke and I can't get used to it, not enough to finish off these two ounces.

It's not all bad. The tobacco is excellent, flavorful and ever present, unlike many aromatics that use cheap leaf. I can taste the Latakia, the Burley is a wonderful base, and the bit of Perique adds some heft. It's not goopy but it will probably ghost your pipe something awful. Even without the topping, this is a decent blend. But you have to like the topping and I've tried. Sorry Bob, but I do like the tin art.

HillbillyBriar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HillbillyBriar (3)
Mild Extra Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Extra Strong

The tin aroma is so strong it will permeate your tobacco cabinet and, quite frankly, a whole room with the strong smell of sweet grape. It completely overpowers everything around it.

After lighting, all I got is über grape with no tobacco flavor at all. Just hot, hollow grape and no support underneath it. The perfect stereotype of a bad aromatic. For the sake of full disclosure, I am reviewing this after only one bowl, but there is no way I would smoke a second. Just an unpleasant experience all around.

On a positive note, it was not a wet, goopy mess like other over-flavored aromatics (e.g., C&D Green River Vanilla). It actually came out of the tin at a reasonable moisture level. Too bad it does not have a reasonable flavor to go along with it.

I smoked this in a cob and the ghosting was so bad that I ended up throwing it out. Thanks for taking one for the team, Little Cob. RIP.

Grumpy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grumpy (4)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is a somewhat sweet fruity blend that has a pleasant flavor and room note. My other blends are tolerated by the wife, this is one she likes.

Mouse Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mouse (7)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

This is a light English topped with several essences, most notable of which is grape. Nothing like it. I'm glad I found it and added it to my rotation. I found the topping a bit strong at first, but after a few weeks and a bit of airing it settled down to be a welcome alternative to the vapers and va's I normally smoke. I've noticed that most C&D blends benefit from a little aging and this blend is no exception.

Big Nick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Nick (74)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Totally unique in the annals of aromatic pipe tobacco! This is one that will disgust the grandiose pipe snob, but will delight most of the rest of us. The Grape Nehi scent is bold and obvious, but does not overpower the taste of the base english blend. It is everthing an aromatic pipe tobacco should be. No PG or chemical taste at all. Just a smooth english/aromatic blend, mild in Latakia and Perique, yet delightfully evident. I admit the grape scent is a little shocking and most unusual, but the sum of the smoking experience is indeed, greater than its parts.

DoctorThoss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DoctorThoss (146)

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this one -- a lot of people clearly like it, but I seriously disliked this blend. It burned hot, tasted a little too much like grape candy and bit way too hard. I appreciate the occasional aromatic and have a serious affection for good American-English blends, but this one fell far short in both categories. Try C&D's Epiphany if you want a 4-star blend of this type (IMO, of course).

BurghBelly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BurghBelly (6)
Medium Very Mild Full Pleasant

Got a couple of tins of this today, and after a long day of smoking, it was a refreshing taste of what tobacco is supposed to be, right out of the can. Broken flake may need a little rubbing, but even in a relatively new pipe it smoked very well. Kudos!

pipercavse Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipercavse (5)
Medium to Strong Strong Medium to Full Overwhelming

First of all, let me say, this is the single worst pipe tobacco experience I've ever had! I should have gotten a clue with the pouch smell. I've heard others say they get a grape smell and I do too. However, there is more going on than just that... and... it isn't friendly smells (some of it smelled like my cats litter box). I was in hopes this would not translate into the taste, but it did and just went downhill from there. I can't even really explain the taste only to say it is terrible, does not even taste like pipe tobacco. More like shredded up tires. Then it went from bad to worse, the smell of the smoke just about made me vomit. I can't even begin to explain that and suffice it to say it was just plain rancid! Also, it will ghost your pipe like a mother in law coming back from the grave! This was just a total nightmare for me. If you are one that fared better, I'm happy for you. I usually like most all of C&D's offerings and feel they are one of the very finest pipe tobacco producers out there, but this one is a total nightmare as far as I'm concerned!

Pipe Used: Savinilli 316

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: Nothing like it!.

TorontoSmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TorontoSmoker (19)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Overwhelming

I'm sure Capt Bob's a great guy, but this blend simply isn't! This is the WORST tobacco blend I have ever smoked. It's just awful! It tastes terrible, doesn't even smell like tobacco, and it will ghost your pipe something awful, so be warned.

I think the reviewer who described this as grape Kool-Aid had it about right. So if you've always wanted to smoke purple Kool-Aid, then you'll love this.

Pipe Used: small Peterson system (had to purge after)

Purchased From: smokingpipes