BrandVon Eicken
Contents
PackagingPouch
Strength
Mild, Medium to Strong, Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Real mango taste, little tongue bite, high quality Virginias and cavendish and excellent burning qualities. What else can you ask from an aromatic?

What I like the most, anyway, it's the presentation. A ribbon cut wrapped in paper to form a plug that will perfectly fit a small to medium size bowl. Very handy to carry in your pocket and pack your pipe in any situation, with no need of a table. Great idea!

Medium Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

My third foray with Von Eicken plugs. The mango flavoring was very apparent upon lighting and stayed throughout the smoke. It is interesting in that when I eat mangoes (which I like), I don't taste them nearly as much as I do in this tobacco blend. This tobacco-flavored mango is very over the top. Not a bad thing if you like mangoes and certainly one of the most unique tasting blends I have ever smoked. I do, however, prefer the mango flavoring in the Holger Danske offering of Mango & Vanilla as it is not so overpowering, and even with that one, I don't like it all that much. With this one it actually tastes a bit perfumy, and as a result, I am a bit turned off. Unlike Von Eicken's Vanilla Black Cavendish and Honey & Rum plugs, their Mango plug smoked hotter in comparison. Even with slow puffing, there was that ever-present sting at the tip of my tongue along with the "hot air smoke" phenomenon. A bit harsh as well. I'm sure not bad for some, but not a revisit for me. 1.5 stars.

mo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mo (79)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

When i see a pouch of aromatic tobacco i will roll my eyes and think to myself " do they think im an idiot" After having a nightmare of a time in the beginning of my pipesmoking hobby with aromatics, i cannot help being suspicious when a pouch announces that it tastes like Mango, Vanilla, Fish or Lamb ( as in the case with our beloved Lamb Cake Slices )

I was recently offered this by my kind tobacconist to try, i did not want to be rude and promised him i will try it. I waited until i was in the mood for an aromatic which means this has been in my possesion for a while now. Today was that day.

The blend is very well presented. It does not look like a Cavendish, Burly concoction that promises nothing but tongue bite and a wet pipe. Instead what i discovered was a ribbon cut Virginia with a very few black specs which i assume is Cavendish. The black bits account for around 5% at most of the blend.

Upon lighting up, i did not notice any Mango nor anything Tropical. It was slighlty fruity and it compliments the base tobacco very very well. I found it to be slighly comparable to Petersons Sherlock Holmes. It is not everyday i will award an aromatic full marks. It burned well and left a nice fine grey ash.

No tongue bite, this is my favourite aromatic.

Mo, South Africa