A combination of red and lemon Virginia and Turkish makes this an exceptionally smooth blend.

Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
None Detected, Mild
Taste
2.0

I guess this one never made it onto the radar, let alone fell off. A mottled, severely chop cut mixture of virginia and orientals with a heady bag aroma. After smoking quite a lot of their Oriental Silk and falling heavily for it, this was an obvious try for me. Unfortunately, it falls well short of the trail blazed by its more flavorful brother.

Comparing it further to McClellands Grand Oriental series, it does not taste like any of those but I found it similar in taste bud provocation to the lesser-deemed entries by McClellands. Its flavor was considerably subtler and with less oriental testosterone than Oriental Silk. It had good body but not a lot of depth. OS set the bar rather high, and this one didn't measure up. Still, it might be something to try for someone that wants less oriental flavor, as it is definitely condimental and in the background. Probably a 2 1/2 star blend but downgraded due simply to my disappointment.

Mr. Dottle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr. Dottle (162)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I am a big fan of C&D blends and have liked the majority of them but Woodstock Races is one of their few blends that fell short for me. As with many C&D blends it is quite dry, perhaps dryer than it should be. This may be indicative of improper storage of this bulk blend on its way to market or at the vendor?s establishment. Perhaps the extreme dryness in my sample resulted in the loss of its true essence, or at least part of it. I smoked both dry and rehydrated samples.

I found Woodstock Races to be ever so temper mental. If not smoked with a great deal of restraint, it can become harsh and bitter. Sometimes this harshness presented itself upon first light. It settles down a bit afterwards but it can nip if not smoked slowly, much more so than with other VAs I have tried. It has marginal VA sweetness with subtle cigar ?like notes from time-to-time. In short, this blend required too much attention for me. I find nothing notable to recommend Woodstock Races but then again, my parched sample may be the blame for this lackluster review.

A cigarette is to be smoked. A cigar is to be enjoyed. A pipe is to be savored.

I rate this tobacco 6.0 out of 10.