This rather mellow, but yet full-bodied mixture has been created with a high proportion of smooth black Cavendish, bright Virginias with hints of lemon and nutty burley. This blend then has been refined with the delicious, fruity aromas of fragrant vanilla, ripe mirabelles and cappuccino.

BrandSillem's
CountryUnknown
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
1.5
Eulenburg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eulenburg (193)
Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Pleasant

Linea Epoque Antique is a slightly macaroonic way of saying "Old Time Line". Old time what? Old-time tobacco-blenders' fog. Mirabelle is just French for a plum.

So what we have here is a whole lot of Dutch Cavendish-processed leaf, cased with plum/vanilla/coffee goop, and negligible amounts of yellow Virginia and a bit of Burley so that the whole thing does not quite wind up in the "hot air" category. It's exactly like 277 other German/Danish blends fed into handsome tins for women to buy on Father's Day. I can't think of any reason why I would seek this out a second time.

beaupipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beaupipe (100)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

This is a compelling new aromatic from Sillem's, a company which seems to put great stock in the myth-informed trademark which it pastes onto lots of toys for boys. These guys love their packages, which is not always a good sign for those of us foolish enough to want to know what's behind the facade.

This is put together by K&K and I think they do a pretty good job of it. The tobacco is gorgeous to look at. It's a loose cut of black cavendish and remarkably vibrant gold-colored Virginias and Burleys. The tin aroma is dominated by the mirabelle (yellow plum) flavoring which has a nose-tingling, spirit-like quality to it. It smelled thoroughly legitimate, as though someone had tipped a wee glass of Alsatian Eau-de-Vie de Mirabelle right into the tin.

Moisture level was not half bad and after a wee drying time, I fired up a bowl. As aromatics go, this has good smoking properties. Properly sipped from a narrow diameter bowl, it burns reasonably dry and manages to hold onto the pretty flavors. I'm sure, however that it could blister a hardcore puffer. The advertised cappuccino comes out a little toward the end, but only in the form of a plum-scented cappuccino you might get at one of those Hollywood Cafes frequented by the beautiful people.

I would have to say that this has perhaps the most pleasant room note I've ever experienced, which would be a big positive to many, I suspect. If there is a significant drawback to this blend, it would have to be the 100g-only size of the package, which is about twice as much as I need. This is a top-quality and pleasant aromatic, but it's going to take a long time to go through this bucket of plums.

And I have no idea what the heck the name means. I know what Linea is. I know what an Epoque is. And I know what Antique is. But I have no idea what Linea Epoque Antique is.