This delicious gourmet blend was created for those who prefer a custard or pudding as the perfect end to a good meal. A rich creamy texture of Vanilla, Caramel, and Honey applied to Burley, Virginia,and flavored Black Cavendish insures a sublime smoking experience.

Strength
Taste

Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

If you like Butternut burley you will like this one. Very mild and has a pleasant sweet smell with a nice room note. I found myself puffing too hard to get tobacco taste and it is not forgiving of this. It is very typical as an aromatic, does goop up the pipe but i did like the flavor and pouch smell. Will leave ghost in the pipe so use in pipes that you smoke aromatics in.

BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

Another wet, overly cased tongue scorcher courtesy of the folks at Altadis. It makes one wonder if they actually smoke any of their blends.

JC Foote Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JC Foote (10)
Mild Extra Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

This blend has so much grease in it, you can ring it out and fry meatballs with it. The tobacco taste is unnoticeable due to the very heavily cased leaf. All you taste is grease, vanilla, nuts and more grease. The heel of your pipe has a ton of goop in it when you reach the bottom. Keep pipe cleaners on hand while smoking because this will start to gurgle on you after about 30 seconds. I do have to give this blend credit though. The pouch aroma and the room note are outstanding. This is a crowd/wife pleaser for the aroma, but not a smoker pleaser.

ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (82)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This may be the wettest Altadis blend I've tried and I've tried a good number . Does it gurgle and sizzle a little ? .. yup . Do I care ? .. Nope ! This stuff is so damn good tasting and smelling ..... it's crazy ! Anyone that likes Aros , especially one that are fully flavored , will dig this . I go through one pipe cleaner per bowl .. no big deal . The payoff is worth the one pipe cleaner . This is a dessert Aro smoke .. sweet and flavor .

wolfdreamer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wolfdreamer (25)

I didn't care for the aroma when I got this so I jarred it and put it away...the aroma hasn't changed but the smoke is very pleasant. No tongue bite and nice room note of subtle creamy caramel. If you could do half points I'd bump this up to a 2.5 stars out of 4.

Dr. G Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr. G (12)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

On a whim, I ordered a 1.5 ounce bag of creme brulee when I refilled my stash of one of my usual aros (Count Pulaski). At a glance, my first thought was uh oh - how will this take a flame. It was drenched with topping. Anticipating the daddy of all ghosts, I lightly packed it into a throw-away cob and fired it up and I do mean FIRED IT UP!. I thought I started the whole pipe on fire. Make sure, if you have bangs, they are pulled back. It burned for about 10 seconds. How, I'll never know. It sizzled like frying bacon on every pull. Great billowy clouds of steamy smoke and a totally primo room note. Surprisingly good burn characteristics for this moist a blend. Didn't bother the cob, but I suspect it would gum up a regular briar shank and stem fairly quickly. Its the tobacco equivalent of a dessert wine. Really no tobacco flavor at all and it raised the blood level in my nicotine stream way too much. An interesting smoke and worth a try if for nothing more than the sizzle-effect, but for my after-dinner smoke, I need a nic-kick that would rip the average piper's head off. For sure I'll finish the bag but will leave this one to the aro-fan desirous of an outta-this-world bowl of candy and a room note that virtually anyone would adore. Recommended with reservations as above.

derlict311 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
derlict311 (67)
Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

The room note is probably it's best characteristic. Smells divine. Everyone comments on the smell. And it does taste quite sweet, too, but the punch just isn't there. I smoke this when I'm craving something sweet to smoke or when I want to make an excuse to smoke in the house with two young ones (late at night, of course). The vitamin N factor is virtually non-existent. Too mild for my needs.

Jay02904 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jay02904 (8)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I bought a creme brulee from a local tobacconists, not sure if it is atladis or abenaki (maybe they are similar). I found it to smell great in the jar, very moist and "gewy" so I let it air out for several hours. It lights easier than I expected, and sounds like fire wood crackling upon light up. Stayed lit ok, required relights, gurgles a bit at the end (I am a wet smoker anyways, especially in the bent stems I used on this blend) gave off generous amounts of smoke. The taste is one of my favorites and the room note is excellent. It is mild and did not burn/bite my tongue. After smoking I usually get an after taste or "cigarette like" taste, especially in the morning but I didn't really get it with this blend. I enjoyed it and will get more. In my opinion its worth a try, maybe just air it out a bit. Enjoy :)

Thwarp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thwarp (16)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Had a fishing buddy bring me a pretty good size load (8 ounces easy) and said a drinking buddy of his didn't care for it too much and maybe I'd like it. Well OK... I smoke the Altadis J4 mild burley quite often and I enjoy it very much so lets see what Altadis put in this blend. Off I go to pipe reviews to check it out.

Burley, Black cavendish, virginia. sounds like the beginings a basic Aromatic to me even though there are blend out there like this that are not.

Flavoring: Vanilla, Caramel, Honey.

I'm long winded... so shoot me.

In the bag is smelled wonderfully sweet , moist and breakfast like. Walk into a resturant making pancakes and waffles and sausage with all that maple syrup being poured all over the place....... that kind of smell. No matter how NOT HUNGRY you are, you're up for a plate of whatever the guy in booth #1 is having.

MOIST MOIST MOIST! I rook a good handfull out and lay'd it on a dinner plate for examination. I can't believe how moist this is. I try to compress a handful just to see if it would ball up which it wouldn't. My hand was slick from handleing it too. I took my nose to hand routine to be a nice experience. Sometimes i do this next part with a new toby to get a feel for how it would taste in a bowl. This often works. I licked my hand a tad bit. Ok that was tasty.. it warranted a bowl now. So I loaded up my Savinelli starter with e fresh balsa filter. (cake free as I keep it pretty clean)

It lit up on first lite. Not blillowing smoke. A nice lite cool type. Stayed lit too. As I puffed I waited for some flavor to come through. Its very mild indeed. Eventually after about 10 puffs in came through. Definatley vanilla custard with a caramel topping.

But it was missing something I really wanted to be there. There is no Toby flavor comming through at all. Time for the next text.

Puff the majic dragon: Lets heat this stuff up real good. I held that lighter there for a good 5 puffs and billowed the smoke. Once I removed the lighter holding the last puff in my mouth so I could let it settle on my tongue and slowly release it I looked down and the toby was on fire. Oh sure I've seen this happen before but usually a near instantanious event barely worth mentioning. We've all seen it in our own pipes. But this didn't go out.

I lowered my pipe and just looked at it. 7-10 seconds latter it finally subsided for lack of oxygen in the bowl. My mouth being filled with Custard and caramel I was still wondering where the Toby flavor was. So I puffed that bad boy with a vigor and vim another good 5 puffs. Where there should have been tongue bite there wasn't thanks to the Balsa filter. No gurgle, nuttin like you'd expect. the finally I could detect a slight pepper flavor trying to come through which would be the cavendish. But it never peaked out and just stay'd in the back ground.

The odd thing after I put the pipe down to assess the flavor a lil more was I noticed this oil slick on my tongue. This definately is not a pleasureable sensation. At least not to me. I'm sure this was engineered in there to giev the comsumer the sense of a creme flavor and in fact its an illusion. Rotten sensation to be honest.

I couldn't get my mind off the flame thing. So I pulled out a couple of pinches and packed it together and took a lighter to it. Didn't take but 2 seconds and a flame slowly rolled across the surface of the pile and eventually suffed itself out while hardly burning the toby.

Oh well. I cleansed my palate with some tea and pulled out the Cob. Simply put... same thing. Fire ball. Same flavor.... same oil slick on my tongue.

Can't have this. I hate to waste toby so today I Grabbed some mild burley and Creme burlee. I took a good sized pinch of CB and added 4 more of Burley and tossed it around for a good 15 min. Oh gees...... this stick muck stuff saturated the burley. I lit it up and definatly had a better time of it since now I could taste the burely and the cavendish. The custard flavor came through but it was part of the background. No it didn't work flavor wise. Try making some custard and putting a pinch of toby in with it. It don't work. Almost Nauseating..... but man that oil slick was back and its very hard to get rid of even with tea.

Strength: Extremely mild. If it weren't for the fact that the Cavendish came out to play I wouldn't have known this was tobacco.

Flavoring Medium. Tastes just like a spoon full of artifical custard. (Omitting the oil slick tongue)

Room note: Very very pleasant. This would make a great potpourri if you cook it in a potpourri warmer. Just imagine your home smelling like warm custard and caramel.

Taste: Mild to medium. But I'm confused with this one. Am I supposed to review food or tobacco? Tastes like dessert and not tobacco.

Recommendation: -4 stars. Due to the danger of small fires destroying your pipe and the oil slick on the tongue and the fact that this tastes nothing like any decent pipe tobacco I should submit a bill of services to Altadis just for trying this crap out.

But if you do wanna try it still....... keep a fire extinguisher and a tongue scrapper close by. Propylene glycol vapor definately burns.

It the cellar? I think not unless I find I have a few rats to kill.

TK Pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TK Pipe (101)

Cream burley... After a pleasant shakedown cruise, thru a cob and several briars, I've come to the conclusion that this stuff is worthwhile. Hard to imagine anything with the texture of this stuff not being anything but a disaster, but like I said, worth having around. Lights easy, stays lit, and burns dry. Personally I did not have the goop problems others have mentioned, but maybe my tobacco was dryer. As with most burley blends, I find a sweeter smoke and pipe can be had if I stop the smoke, with small amount of tobacco still remaining in the bowl bottom. Amazingly, I found this stuff completely bite free, or for that matter, not even a tongue tingle appeared. No small thing with tobacco that has a almost sticky feel to it. As others have mentioned the aroma is almost custard like, very appetizing, which seems to comes thru mildly in the taste. As a blender or a straight smoke, I find it a fitter. Will I buy more? Maybe. My personal rating; 2.5/5

apipeareyouserious? Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
apipeareyouserious? (21)
Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This will bite like HELL unless I dry it before smoking it, and even then I have to be very careful & always keep a glass of ice water close. Always gurgles at the end and gunks up my cob (Are you nuts? Smoke this in a briar? No way.) I do like the flavor, though, and every once in a while I dig this out of a pouch I purchased when I first started smoking a pipe and have a bowl. My quest for a "good" aromatic continues...

kidwithgun Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kidwithgun (10)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

i purchased a few ounces of this at a local smoke shop after hearing (and smelling) good things from a friend while smoking one day.

like other reviewers, my initial thought when opening the bag was "wow, this smells amazing" and "no way this is going to stay lit." but as well, to my surprise, it lit fairly easily and i must say that i enjoy the crackling and popping as it burned the way the sap on a red fir log does in a camp fire.

a little bit of gurgling some time within the first 5-10 minutes of the bowl, but as i decently paced myself, that soon stopped as it had a chance to dry a bit.

although it wasn't really needed, as i was still getting plenty of smoke, i re-lit a couple times throughout and it burned cool and evenly almost all the way to the bottom of the bowl, giving me mouthfuls of thick, creamy smoke with every draw and leaving me with fine, greyish-white ash and just a tiny pinch of dottle in the bottom.

the same rich aroma and savor from beginning to end. no shift in flavor or complexity to it, just sweet, simple goodness.

simply put, if you are an aromatic lover (like me) then no doubt this should be in your regular rotation and right up there with your favorites. enjoy it best right after a chicken dinner in the early evening with a white russian.

stream25 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
stream25 (7)

This is a nice aromatic in the mold of BCA, but a bit different. Yes it's sticky and prone to burning hot. But taken for what it is, a low-cost aromatic, it is a nice smoke. A "comfort" tobacco for those days when you want a quick, easy to light tobacco or don't want to spend time nursing your higher end tobaccos.

CJBas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CJBas (26)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Cream Broulee is a sweet dessert tobacco that doesn't taste much like tobacco but does taste very good. My initial impression was that it had to be too wet to light, but I tried it anyway before attempting to dry it. To my pleasant surprise it lit on the second light and stayed lit until it was time for it to go out. I say 'time for it to go out' because just as I tasted the first hint of sour, nearing the bottom of the bowl, it went out. What was left were a few black pieces of charcoal that didn't need to be smoked. Don't use this for getting cake in the bottom of a new pipe for that reason. However, after having smoked a half dozen bowls of Cream Broulee it has never once gurgled in any pipe I've smoked it in. Never left any wet goop at the bottom of the bowl (just dry charcoal), and leaves every pipe I've smoked it in almost as dry as when I lit it. This came a a huge surprise to me considering how moist the tobacco was in the pouch. But, as I said, it's best to sip it.

It probably would have bitten had I forced it, but it never needed hard puffing to stay lit and, by gently sipping, it never bit at all. Pack this loosely! If you pack it tightly it will give you a hard time staying lit and, in trying to keep it lit you'll probably find it biting.

The aroma is delightful. The taste id great, not overwhelming but a very nicely sweet dessert. So long as you pack it loosely and stop smoking it when it tell you to it won't give you a bit of trouble. All in all a very pleasant smoking experience for you and those around you. If I were restricted to just one aromatic this just might be it. I'm certainly going to make a point of always keeping plenty on hand.

Bigmikewithapipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bigmikewithapipe (9)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Creme Brulee is actually a dessert in which they burn the sugar on top of a custard with a torch! This smoke comes very close to the real flavors of the dessert! Aromatic, sweet tasting, and very hot smoke, which is evident in alot of aromatics! Smoke this slow or you will get some bad tongue bite! But it is a good smoke.

meanmrmustard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
meanmrmustard (34)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I received an ounce sample with a tobacco order, and upon first inspection it was very wet in the bag, Opening the bag, I was hit with what seemed to be an over powering smell of cheap French perfume. I bravely tried it, packing a gloppy mess into my Clarks Favorite Savinelli with filter, expecting the worst. Had a problem at first lighting the stuff, so I let it dry out for a day in the pipe. Next day, not problem lighting, took a puff and was pleasantly surprised! A tasty aromatic to say the least, with none of the bite that I have experienced with Altadis products in the past. Not a four star flavor for me, but if you like aromatics, and are looking for a sweet, creamy smoke, this ones for you. The ladies like the smell too! Hint, open the bag and let the stuff dry out, duh.

I am writing an addendum to my last review. As this tobacco has had time to mellow and dry out, I find I enjoy it more. In fact I will most likely order some! Goes from 2 stars to 3.

greekthinker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
greekthinker (18)
Mild Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Some of the most horrible things you could say about a particular blend is that it is too wet, gooey, sloppy, and just downright dirty. All these things are true of this blend. Want to break-in your new pipe in a hurry, just smoke a couple of bowls of this stuff. Get some of the gook from the wet pipe on your fingers and have fun washing it off. The most amazing thing of all is that a blend like this could still be mild - but it is! So do I recommend it? Hell yes and highly. Listen, if you are an aromatic smoker, you have been looking for this blend your entire life. Does it taste like tobacco? No, but neither does a New York Strip Steak and I love those also. This blend is absolutely delicious and I can not believe that anyone could complain about the aroma. I know you guys complain about your wives and girlfriends who won't allow you to smoke in the same house that you are making the mortgage payments on, give her a whiff of this. For over 40 years I have tolerated the condescension of the "real" pipe smoker, you know, the guys who smoke that English stuff that smells like burnt leaves. I have gotten over defending my choice of blends. I like aromatics -period! If you do too, this stuff will knock you out.

BOWLBRO Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BOWLBRO (7)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Ahhh, Altadis #701 Creme Brulee, This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE blend! I remember when I first tried it. I thought; "Wow, this is really wet. Wow, this smells really sweet, I bet it wont stay lit, I bet it smokes hot." WRONG. It stays lit well, despite how wet it is! It smokes cool, despite how sweet it is! It is DELICIOUS! Yeah that's right, I love sweet aromatics! You old dudes can hate all you want, This blend is AWESOME! It smokes a little wet but who cares? The flavor, sweetness, and coolness is WELL worth it. The chicks dig the room note, even the female tabacco sales staff call it a Panty Dropper. The crackling sound when lit is music to my ears. Many "flavored" so called "sweet tasting" aromatics have let me down, but not this one! I must say, this blend is what keeps me smoking a pipe, otherwise, I fear I may lose interest in this gentle art. BE ADVISED; This is a BULK blend that is often re-named by some tobacco shops. Be sure to ask for Altadis # 701 Creme Brulee, or ask the tobacconist to translate the shop name.

dt753 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dt753 (12)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This tobac will have people following you around just to get a whiff of it's intoxicating aroma. The aroma and tastes are the biggest assets to this Altadis blend.

The liabilities: It will bite like a mad dog unless treated gently. It must be dried out over a period of several hours as it is extremely moist and sticky right out of the bag.

I would reccommend this (by itself) only to those who like strong aromatics. I don't usually care to smoke this by itself, but I find that a little bit mixed in with my other favorites will give a nice flavor. My favorite is one ounce of this added to 4 ounces of Scotty's "Butternut Burley".

bjshouma Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bjshouma (6)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

While a bit on the wet side, after a bit of drying it smokes very well. I had no trouble lighting or keeping lit. Smoked very well out of a churchwarden(bent). This is the first tobacco in a while that my wife hasn"t made faces at me for smoking in the house in a while! I find the smell intoxicating and reminds me of walking into a bakery full of sweets and pies. Delicious taste although a bit mild, maybe flavoring could be a tiny stronger. I will definitely smoke this after dinner with coffee or around the fireplace in the winter. If you like a good aromatic, this would be a great choice. The only real downside, i did find it left a bit more cake in the pipe than usual although a lot of aromatics do.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Fans of ultra sweet, non tobacco tasting tobacco will absolutely go bonkers over this Altadis offering. My local pipe club is sent a batch of Altadis' "Blend of the Month" each month (which we thank Altadis for doing), and this Cream Brulee was on the menu some months back.

A sopping wet blend out of the pouch, don't bother trying to dry it out because rumor has it (a rumor I am starting), that Cream Brulee is used to put out forest fires. Even though drenched, it burns mostly cool and tastes heavily of, well, Cream Brulee.

Please do smoke this blend in a pipe dedicated to aromatics as the "Ghost" of Cream Brulee will haunt whatever you smoke it in.

1vintage1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
1vintage1 (2)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Got one of these as a sample pack and was very pleased with the taste,quality and texture and burn. I prefer to smoke this personally in my Peterson or Wellington (system pipe),it helps trap a lot of the moisture this tobacco may have. I smoke this a few times a day in a large shop I work at,and have had no complaints of the room note,I get asked what blend is that you smoke and I tell them,even the Mrs.likes it's smell.

Mountain Man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mountain Man (23)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Very rich and sweet flavor.Keeps its flavor all the way through the bowl and has no bite.Its on the wet side but done very well in my filtered savinelli.If you like it very sweet and mild,with no bite,this is an excellent smoke.

MozzMann Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MozzMann (32)
Medium Medium Full Very Pleasant

I requested this to be added to the review board. This is my #1 all time favorite tobacco.This tobacco I first tried as a sample back in 2006 at Pipes Unlimited and I have been hooked since. This is one of the best best tasting, best burning, best overall performance of a tobacco that I have ever had! This is one of those greasy type cuts of tobacco that is cased with flavor throughtout the whole bowl. From the first light which is a show all in itself to the last puff, it a winner! Creme Brulee is very much a dessert tobacco as well as a early morning tobacco which I smoke very early ever Saturday and Sunday Morning. The roomnote is very pleasant and sure to please the wife! This is a tobacco that I keep on hand fully stocked in my humidor at all times. If I had to choose just one tobacco to smoke the rest of my days. Creme Brulee would be it! I would highly recommend getting some for the upcoming Holidays! Enjoy this blend and Happy Holidays to all and to all a good ripper! MozzMann -08