This blend of stoved red Virginia and lemon Virginia has a little Latakia added for an English flavor.

Blend TypeVirginia/Latakia
ContentsLatakia, Virginia
Strength
Mild to Medium, Overwhelming
None Detected, Extra Strong
Taste
Medium to Full, Overwhelming
Pleasant, Overwhelming
2.0
incognitopoet Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
incognitopoet (36)
Overwhelming Extra Strong Overwhelming Overwhelming

Under no circumstances should the label be mistaken for a true representation of the flavors. It is not at all a "little latekia." The Virginia was barely noticeable under the booming clouds of LOUD latekia.

I have been enjoying a lot of straight Virginia flakes. When I was younger I overlooked the subtle joys of Virginia blends. The other day I was looking through my cellared tobaccos for a Virginia with some latakia. When I opened the jar, dated three years ago, I knew that this wasn't going to be a Virginia experience. The jar smell didn't even hint at anything but latakia, and smoking a bowl didn't offer anything but loud, really obnoxious latakia.

There are lots of burning-tire latakia blends on the market. This was supposed to be a subtle blend, with hints of smokey lat. If you had to look for the lat while smoking, and had a sweet Virginia setting the stage, it would be wonderful.

Fail.

Pipe Used: Churchwarden briar

Similar Blends: Burning tires.

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

I am a Latakia fan. I need some with any English blend I smoke. This is a darn good smoke but not to the level of a few of my favorites like Northwoods. This has tons of creamy smoke and burns pretty cool. Frankly it's a good smoke just not a great smoke. I think many folks will find this a really good smoke. I would suggest if your a big Latakia fan you should give this a shot.

Pipe Used: Various briars