Brigham's English Mixture. A perfect introduction to English style pipe tobacco. This blend is a traditional mixture of Red Virginia, Turkish, Burley, Latakia and Perique. This blend would be considered medium strength as English tobaccos go.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.

3.1
Galbreath Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Galbreath (5)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This smells great in the pouch and burns cool. I wish that the blend had less Latakia and more Perique. It is almost there but falls short of being great.

cheapsk8 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cheapsk8 (5)

I have only been exposed to aromatic blends, and cheaper ones at that as my local is very remote and pipe smoking is not common. In fact, can only buy corncob pipes locally. Only recently have I been able to access other brands. I have smoked Amphora (local Standard, and all I smoked for 5 years), Peterson's Irish Whiskey, Sherlock Holmes, Luxery Blend, Irish Oak, Brighams Muskoka Mix and Borkum Standard.

Well, I found my new Favorite. This tobacco gives a nice cool, dry smoke. I won't talk much about flavorings, as it apparent reading through these forums that is very subjective. But I will say it smells fantastic, and I find the taste mild to medium and very pleasant. It dosn't affect my lungs like some of the wet aromatics.

This stuff is easy to pack, stays lit, and smokes twice as long as the aromatics I have been smoking. I loaded up my grandfather's Old Pall Bulldog I restored, and it was the single most pleasent smoke I have enjoyed to date.

As an added bonus it is the first tobacco my family LOVED the smell of!

NedF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NedF (22)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This was my first pipe tobacco. Coming from the world of cigars, I (initially) found this blend to be rather bland. Yet there was something about it that was enough to make me want to explore more of the world of pipes. This does contain latakia and perique, but they are used very sparingly.

beardedhermit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beardedhermit (30)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium Tolerable

Smell like that seafoam green soap I remember when I was a child. Tastes about the same too.

LoKi6922 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LoKi6922 (11)
Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Tolerable

Mildly tasty. Room note not favoured by the wife, but very much enjoyed by myself and other smoking buddies. Immediately brought back memories of sitting by a lake with a bonfire listening to crickets chirping, trying to stay awake with the 'grown ups' while I was a young lad.

One of the best if you like mild tobaccos. I've discovered more recently that I'm into full flavoured blends, so this blend doesn't go high on my shopping list, but easily could be a nice mild all day smoke. Has that distinct woodsy aroma that I've attributed to Brigham, maybe even as a representation of something considered to be 'Canadian'. Without allowing time to dry out of the pouch I got through almost the entire bowl without a re-light, and only had to do so when the wife called me upstairs to tell me she wasn't enjoying the smell of it. Ha!

HogsBack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HogsBack (3)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Loved the flavor and the aroma of this tobacco, but I didn't care too much for the tongue bit it gave me or the tar it left in my pipe.

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (138)

This is a very tasty English, with a light perique presence in every puff. The blend is Altadis 502 medium English relabled for Brigham. I like this very much. The latakia is in the background and the turkish and perique are the dominant players. It burns to the bottom of the bowl, but heats up the last third of the bowl. The taste is consistent throughout and very satisfying. An excellent blend in all respects.

Update: I believe this is a true 4 star blend, so I'm adding a star to my previous review.

Update: I was originally over-enthusiastic about this blend. My rating has been lowered to 3 stars.

SouthPaw269 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SouthPaw269 (1)
Medium Mild Full Tolerable

This is my first review, dedicated to my first (and one of my favorite) pipe tobaccos.

It's true, Brigham uses some disconcerting method to keep its tobacco moist while in a plastic pouch, but this is not transferred to the tobacco itself. Burying my nose into the jar (I've since transferred to the tobacco to), it's got a great combination of sweetness and spiciness.

The tobacco packs and burns well (again - this was my first pipe tobacco, so even a rookie can pack a bowl of this mix and keep it burning for 40 minutes).

The aromas of the mix intermingle into a calm smoke - there's no harsh perique spiciness, and minimal wetness found with some of the other Brigham blends. There's an earthy and "woodsy" tone to this tobacco, with a touch of sweetness to balance everything out.

I have sat outside on the patio after a day's worth of yardwork several evenings this summer, and a bowl of Brigham's English Mix is the perfect reward. Top it off with a single-malt scotch, and you can't ask for anything more.

A must try.

Mr. MacPuffin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr. MacPuffin (2)

This is a very nice English blend ( Blended for the Canadian pipe company Brigham's) that compares very favourably with others I've tried such as Solani, Penzance etc. but with a less of a full blown latakia note. It is more of a condiment in this blend, as maybe it should. It lights and burns well, and right out of the pouch and provides a very nice mild smoking experience. Brigham's does not provide it'd product's in a tin- which is too bad because I might stockpile a few if they did. Easy to find here in Canada and I'm sure it is readily available in the USA. Recommended!!

ve3hip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ve3hip (4)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

So far this is my favorite tobacco of all that Ive tried .When I first smelled the unlit tobacco I hated it I thought oh my this is terrible but after lighting my favorite Peterson pipe and taking a few draws of smoke I was delightfully supprised I could taste the latakia right away amd immediately fell in love with this blend the perique is barely noticeable but once and a while i get a slight taste of its subtle sweetness. This was my first experiecne with the English blends and the only tobacco that comes close to it or maybe rivales it is the Solani white and black blend 763 but i still find myself going for the Brighams I would recommend this tobacco to anyone that likes English blends or who is just starting and wants to try an English blend you cant go wrong with the Brighams English Mixture I especialy like this tobacco in the morning as a first or second smoke.