Black Cavendish, aromatic and very mild. Vanilla flavored.

Notes: This blend is often used in a blend to add sweetness and aroma.

BrandBlatter & Blatter
Blended ByLane
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringVanilla
Packaging50g - 200g - 400g ziplock plastic pouches
CountryCA
Strength
Extremely Mild, Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild, Mild to Medium
2.7
Old Northern Smoky Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old Northern Smoky (33)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

It's very odd. I've read the other two reviews but my own observations are rather different. I don't know if the recipe was altered or what but.....

Arome de la Nuit is all black cavendish; imagine chopped-up asphalt only darker. It is EXTREMELY moist and needs a lot of time to air (~48 hrs)to be adequately acceptable to smoke without having to relight every 3 minutes. Packed ever so carefully it will light and produce billows of white smoke...most of which I suspect is steam.

It is a very, very mild smoke. One could smoke bowl after bowl of this baccy all day long. When my wife smoked this I could detect a very mild vanilla note in the air. My wife also claims it has a weak taste of chocolate. When I smoked it in a cob, I could detect no room note (not unusual for me) but the taste I found to be ever so slightly like hazelnut. Gurgle galore and cleaning the stem after was a bit of a chore to get the cleaner to finally come out white. I'd hate to see what it would to to one of my briar bowls.

I've added some Blatter's Virginia to this and I'll have to give it more time to dry and then go back to evaluating it.....

....With additional drying time and the addition of some Blatter's Virginia, there's less white smoke now (steam???) The room note is only slightly nutty. Tastes nutty and light lemon due to the added Virginia. Stays lit with just one match, but still a lot of gurgle.

In summary, I would call this a weak, weak clone of Capt'n Black. The added Virginia gives this some added body, but it is a monotone, non-annoying smoke. No real taste nor aroma to write home about. Like I said I don't know if the recipe was altered or what, but I can only recommend it since there's no tongue bite and you could smoke it all day long....but you'll wish for something yummier.

A few days later....I walked into the office and my wife was smoking this with the added Blatter's Virginia....the room note was just like sniffing a jar of Nutella....that chocolate/hazelnut aroma. I lit up another bowl in a briar and it is a pleasant smoke while I update this review, but I can't say I really taste anything. But hey, it didn't bite my tongue so I have to give it a thumb's up for that.

Virginia lover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Virginia lover (118)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Sweet taste, interesting by itself, this Black Cavendish is a very smoker friendly aromatic.

misanthropist70 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
misanthropist70 (3)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

From A Beginners point of view

On opening the bag I was greeted by a delicious light vanilla aroma and the presence of a sweet smell. The flacks, black and soft, are easy to pack and light beautifully. The fist puff is a sweet and voluptuous taste, with no over flavouring of vanilla. The tobacco smokes well and is easy to relight if you have to. How ever it?s an unforgiving tobacco if you over heat it. It will become bitter and will stay that way, even if you let your pipe cool down.

I don?t recommend this tobacco for beginners such as myself. But if you are a somewhat experienced smoker and like light tobacco, you will probably enjoy it.

I will, for my part, try it again once I have more experience.