Predominately cigar leaf, with Latakia, Perique, and a hint of Deer Tongue. A stout, robust blend that delivers lots of flavor, but won't overpower you. The perfect smoke on a cold winter day.

BrandJohn Patton
ContentsCigar Leaf, Perique, Latakia
FlavoringDeer Tongue
Strength
Strong
Taste
Full
2.2
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I was thinking today of having a cigar, once in awhile I like one as an alternative to the pipe, but as I was headed to my humidor, the doorbell rang and the smaples from John Patton that I won in an essay contest came. I chose to smoke this instead as it had cigar leaf in it. It came at the perfect moisture to smoke, loaded easy into my pipe and it lit very easily. It looks mostly the color of a Conn. Wrapped cigar and had a slightly sweet pouch aroma. Right off the bat, it had the flavor of a nice cigar and it had a great aroma and was quite mild to the palette yet rich and smooth. I smoked this while drinking a very cold light beer and they worked together to give me a 45 minute very pleasurable time out from my day with a book. It burned all the way down to a dark grey ash, and at no time was it harsh or overwhelming. I dod feel one must like a cigar to smoke this blend and I do. I recommend this to anyone that likes cigars as well as the pipe, it really tastes good and is one I want to explore more. Nice job on this one John.

tramroad28 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tramroad28 (26)
Strong Very Strong Very Full Very Strong

Cigar leaf is correct but this blend will overpower a TD-16 bulldozer. Among the worst I've tried. Most of the Patton blends seem to favor cigar leaf, perique or Carter Hall...if that is your preference then you may like many of them...try to get this particular one as a gift however.

Coffeecup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Coffeecup (13)
Strong None Detected Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I cant afford to smoke many cigars, but even if I could, I like cigar leaf pipe blends better. Winter Heartbeat is said to be mostly cigar leaf, but its still smooth, with just a bit of edginess. It has good flavor, burns easy and cool, and even has a fairly decent room note. This one is really nice in the evening.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

Horrid is the only word I can find to adequately describe whatever this mess is, because it doesn't resemble tobacco in any way. I believe after what I have sampled, I'll just avoid anything with the John Patton name. You probably should too.

John Q Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
John Q (6)
Strong Strong Full Tolerable to Strong

One blend that I really did not enjoy. Upon lighting it produced alot of smoke, and kind of resembled that something was on fire and not tobacco. I found this to be harsh too, funny is I really like Latakia and perique, but not this one.