Bright, loose, and highly aromatic, this elegant composition will tempt you and you will never forget it. Different sugar sweet Virginia tobaccos, with brown and black mellow varieties of Cavendish. This blend has a dense, sumptuous, exotic smell of Pina Colada, deliciously topped with the aroma of nuts. A high class tobacco which will delight you and the people around you.

BrandSillem's
Blended BySillem's
Strength
Taste
Full

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (106)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I ordered Solani Green from an e-tailer and was mistakenly sent Sillems Green. Rather than hassling with sending it back I figured "what the heck" and tried it. I'm not fond of pina colada because it is cloyingly sweet but I do like coconut. Sillems Green tastes very much like pina colada as the tin description says and it is very sweet. Judging it on the basis of it complying with its tin description and taking into account that I don't like pina colada in order to be as unbiased as possible, I would give this blend a "recommended" rating. It is mild with a nice room note and no tongue bite. It tastes okay but I will likely not get another tin of it. If you like pina colada, this is the blend for you.

Keac241 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Keac241 (8)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I am a big fan of aromatics and in terms of sweetness, Sillem's Green has got to be on top of my list. The tobacco however is fairly dry and could cause a slight tongue bite if smoked too fast. The other thing is that the tin it comes with isn't air tight at all and it is essential to store this tobacco in a air tight jar. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this to anyone who 'loves' aromatics or if your wife rules the roost.

PokerSmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PokerSmoker (4)
Mild to Medium Strong Full Pleasant

I have to admit I had high expectations for this one. The tobacco quality received high praise everywhere and it comes with a tin that truly deserves the title "collector's item". The tin itself however is not air tight. For this Sillem's provides a resealable plastic foil pack that rests inside the tin. Not a perfect solution but it does the job. The tobacco itself is without a doubt top shelf quality. It burns even and leaves white smooth ash behind with just a tiny wet spot on the bottom. The flavor advertised here is Pina Colada and I'm a sucker for anything coconut so this one was a must-try on my list. The tin-smell is very sweet but promising. However, after smoking it, the first and lasting impression was cotton candy (for brits: candy floss). It is very sweet and imho unpleasantly so. It doesn't remind me of coconut at all, it's just pure sugar all the way. If you could define sweetness on an audio-equalizer, where caramel would get decent levels throughout the sweetness bandwidth, Sillem's green only tastes on the last two levels, the high pitch of sweetness. I tried it every way, from slow burn to hot and gurgling. Surprisingly the taste stays pretty much the same, intense from start to finish but no tongue bite. Another sign for a very good quality tobacco. So what it comes down to is - do you like the taste of cotton candy in a pipe? I could (once in a while at least) but to me it becomes unbearable though the added perfume undertone which was supposed to emulate piano colada. It is a real artificial tasting perfume-like note, I can't really define any better than just like the smell of mum's hair-spray. So imagine you'd spray hair spray on that cotton candy and smoke it. Exactly why I stay away from this and don't even bother to finish it. Sadly this was a 21 Euro mistake. Bit expensive for a nice looking tin on the shelf. However the tobacco quality is outstanding and the only reason why I gave it any stars at all. Of course flavor is a very personal affair but on my tongue this one failed completely. I had one woman at the bus stop telling me how nice she found the smell, at least Sillem's got that right.

shihan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
shihan (22)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

A very sweet aromatic. The fruit flavor dominates this blend. It reminds me of a tropical vacation. I found it to burn hot with some bite. Too sweet for my taste but my wife liked the room note.

k_pip_k Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
k_pip_k (8)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

update 2/22/2010 Starting to smoke this a little more often. It's growing on me. bumped it up to two stars.

original It is indeed strange. Where Sillem's Black is one of my most favorite blends, this is my least. I am one of those kind of people that can pretty much eat anything. Most all food tastes good to me. Possibly I have taste buds on my tongue that have died off at an early age. Very rarely will I turn something down.

Kimchi, love it. Raw Quail egg with Smelt roe on a cucumber? Delicious.

I'm the same with tobacco. There isn't a blend I don't like. I like some more than others, but nothing I will turn down. Until I smoked Sillem's green. This stuff is just awful to me. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't mesh with my body chemistry. I can't categorize the taste, but it is bitter, and acrid with overbearing perfuminess. I can't smoke it at all.

But I don't like to waste tobacco, so I'll probably consume it very slowly.

K

bayro Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bayro (18)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Overwhelming Very Pleasant

A new bright shinning star in the pipesmoker's and tobacco's world. Not Domba, of course but Sillem's Green! I fully and wholeheartedly support Domba's opinion! After Black Sillem's - the best tobacco ever smoked!

Domba Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Domba (1)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Overwhelming

Probably the best aromatic tobacco that I ever tried in my 10 years pipesmoking voyage. During one meeting of our pipesmokers club, 5-6 people were smoking various tobaccos. Somebody just opened a tin of Green Sillem and we all sensed it. That is how wonderfull and rich that aroma is. "...you will never forget it. A high class tobacco which will delight you and the people around you." True!