Bright, loose, and highly aromatic, this elegant composition will tempt you and you will never forget it. Different sugar sweet Virginia tobaccos, with brown and black mellow varieties of cavendish. This blend has a dense, sumptuous, exotic smell of Pina Colada, deliciously topped with the aroma of nuts. A high class tobacco which will delight you and the people around you.

BrandSillem's
Blended BySillem's
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCocco, Nuts / Beans, Pineapple
Strength
Taste
Full

Mild Strong Full Very Strong

Sillem's - Green.

This is what I call a 'dense' aromatic. The pouch has a smell that gives a good indication of what's on its way; a highly aromatic smoke. If you like to taste your tobacco you won't appreciate this! As aromatics go though, it's quite a good one I guess.

Let's go back to the start; the blend itself is interesting just to look at as there's all sorts of sizes, colours, and cuts in there. Salem's Green gives off an almost toxic aroma; it smells strongly of the aromatic additions! I'd say that it's the pineapple that's the strongest one, the rest aren't weak at all but the pineapple's 'zing' outshines them. This is the case with the smoke's flavour too; the pineapple leads whereas it's the nuts/beans I detect the least of. The topping pretty much smashes any chances of the natural tobacco tastes coming through, it's too heavy to allow that. The texture of the smoke is thick and creamy, this however, is reflected in the build up of the stuff in the room; open all windows! The nicotine's mild at the most, it won't satisfy anyone who craves a large amount! Towards the end of a bowl the burn's quality is highlighted; I can hardly remember needing to re-light it!

This is a blend where the objective merits outweigh my personal preference. I wouldn't have it as a regular smoke, I find it far too false but for those who require a MASSIVE dose of falseness this should serve that purpose!

Two and a half stars.

Pipe Used: Mr Brog Bent Stecker

Purchased From: GQ Tobaccos

bayro Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bayro (28)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Overwhelming Very Pleasant

A new bright shinning star in the pipesmoker's and tobacco's world. Not Domba, of course but Sillem's Green! I fully and wholeheartedly support Domba's opinion! After Black Sillem's - the best tobacco ever smoked!

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Man did I have high hopes for this blend after reading these reviews. What the heck are you guys smoking??? While it is a nice smoke there is nowhere near the taste and flavor that some of these reviews are claiming. Lights up just fine. Has a nice sugary tin note. I am thinking Oh Boy.....finally an aromatic that has some real big time flavor. First couple of puffs are truly very sweet then.....nothing...nothing at all. Then I get some nice nutty flavor with a little sweetness here and there. Just wish it was more flavor and taste. Lordy how many many times have I said that about an aromatic. You get some nice nutty flavor all through the smoke but the sweetness leaves you by midbowl. The room note is fair but very very mild. I smoked this fresh out of the tin so I will put it up for couple years and see if the taste improves.

Pipe Used: Boswell poker

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (129)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I ordered Solani Green from an e-tailer and was mistakenly sent Sillems Green. Rather than hassling with sending it back I figured "what the heck" and tried it. I'm not fond of pina colada because it is cloyingly sweet but I do like coconut. Sillems Green tastes very much like pina colada as the tin description says and it is very sweet. Judging it on the basis of it complying with its tin description and taking into account that I don't like pina colada in order to be as unbiased as possible, I would give this blend a "recommended" rating. It is mild with a nice room note and no tongue bite. It tastes okay but I will likely not get another tin of it. If you like pina colada, this is the blend for you.

k_pip_k Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
k_pip_k (9)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

update 10/27/2016 After many passing years, The memory and taste has stayed with me. I'm upping the stars.

update 2/22/2010 Starting to smoke this a little more often. It's growing on me. bumped it up to two stars.

original It is indeed strange. Where Sillem's Black is one of my most favorite blends, this is my least. I am one of those kind of people that can pretty much eat anything. Most all food tastes good to me. Possibly I have taste buds on my tongue that have died off at an early age. Very rarely will I turn something down.

Kimchi, love it. Raw Quail egg with Smelt roe on a cucumber? Delicious.

I'm the same with tobacco. There isn't a blend I don't like. I like some more than others, but nothing I will turn down. Until I smoked Sillem's green. This stuff is just awful to me. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't mesh with my body chemistry. I can't categorize the taste, but it is bitter, and acrid with overbearing perfuminess. I can't smoke it at all.

But I don't like to waste tobacco, so I'll probably consume it very slowly.

K