Stoved red and lemon Virginia mixed skillfully with straight red and lemon Virginia. A full, round smoke.

Strength
Taste
2.3
Mild to Medium None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

FUN WITH C&D SAMPLES, Vol III, No. 3

Disappointing is a good word to describe this one. I'm a big fan of red VA but I struggled to get any flavor at all from this blend. It was only when I overpuffed that some flavor began to emerge. Thankfully, it didn't bite my tongue!

Very light choppy ribbon cut in the pouch, with a wonderful pouch aroma. Mouth watering. Unfortunately, it didn't deliver where it counts - in the taste. I'm not sure how the flavor of this one was so dumbed down. Granted, I smoked it very fresh, since it was a sampler. I only smoked 5 bowls before I determined that putting this in the cellar for an extended period was the way to go. I'll revisit this one in a year or so and hopefully it will improve. By all rights, it should.

ajaj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ajaj (69)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable

Briar Fox is the C&D virgina I use as a guide to rate other C&D virginias. Ridin' the Raid was a little dull for me; just middle of the road. There was nothing too bright nor too strong. The tobaccos are of high quality but it was just boring. I will mix it with a touch of oriental or deer tongue to finish the batch and I will probably not purchase more. BTW, I am using the same review to rate Yorktown since I had the same experience.

SirLoirn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SirLoirn (126)
Strong None Detected Medium Tolerable

Bulk: Light tan to brown medium ribbon cut, grainy scent; being in a bag for a few months, dry.

Burned fairly slow, for being dry. Gave a fair amount of tongue bite.

Light quality but an occasional cigarette aspect.

Nicotine was moderately strong

Slightly above average for its' type. A bit unpolished at first and I think a little aging will probably help a great deal. If you like Virginias it is well worth a try.

chperry Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chperry (9)

After reading the description, I was excited to try this one. I am a big fan of red virginias and this blend has a decent amount. The charing light produced some bitterness that quickly faded. The remainder of the bowl smoked nicely. The flavor was straightforward tobacco. I did not detect the sweetness I was hoping for from the red virginia components. However, the flavor is nice, even though a little one-dimensional. Some age might help with the initial bitterness but I don't think the sweetness of the red virginias will ever come through.

Darwin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Darwin (101)

I ordered this in a sampler from Craig and I sealed it in a Mason jar for six months. I thought I might like this blend from its description and I wasn't disappointed. It's smooth, yet tangy. A very nice blend of stoved and non-stoved Virginia tobacco. I'll be ordering more for long-term cellaring.

Noorrmm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Noorrmm (193)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Somewhat disappointing, considering the description. Lacking in body, probably will improve with cellaring. Slightly harsh to the entire mouth, flavor did not develop. A rare miss from C&D.