It's a Virginia flake. It's dark like 2035 Flake and Dark Star. It is delicious with lots of complexity and depth with no sharp notes that can be found in some dark flakes.

BrandJulius Vesz
Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Strength
Taste
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I finally opened a years old tin of this McClelland's produced Vesz blend a few months ago. Quality Virginia flakes that are bold and dark in appearance but light and airy once rubbed out, loaded up and lit. I enjoyed the flavor I did get but had to suck like a vacuum on the stem to get it. I backed off and sipped awhile and got the same results.

Danno Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Danno (87)
Mild None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

Delicious, in a word. I bought a few old tins of this off Mike Glukler a few years ago. Vesz still offers it up for sale through his shop in Toronto, but the tobacco now comes in the standard 'pop top' tin. The tins I had were old, fashioned in the Dunhill style, and marked 'Made in England'. The contents were a dark, pure, broken virginia flake with no discernible flavour additives. The taste is figgy, plummy, deep, and very tasty. Burns slowly and only improves with relights. I'm not sure if the current offering is as good, but I have a few of the newer tins percolating in my cellar. We'll soon see. Well recommended if you can find it, especially with a bit of age on the contents.

butman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
butman (41)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a complex and delicious tobacco. It is slow to light even rubbed out, but it is worth it. The flavor is delightful all the way down the bowl. Truly a remarkable tobacco. For a real treat add a pinch of good cigar leaf and you have hit a zenith.