Made with certified organic Virginia tobaccos. Organic Agave,Prune, and Vanilla added as a natural organic mold inhibitor.

Blended ByCraig Tarler
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Vanilla
Packaging2oz Tin
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste

2.7
Miyanovich Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Miyanovich (12)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

For reasons that not too many people here will relate to, I give Organic Pipe Dreams a 10 Star Rating.

Why? Because for a short period of time in 2008, Sun Butler of Organic Smoke Inc., and the Cornell and Diehl team busted their as$es, and jumped through all of the hoops to get a certified organic tobacco on the market.

You will never find a greater proponent than me for natural, non- toxic consumables.

The gods were looking out for me a few months ago when I found two tins of OPD at my local tobaccy-nist.

It's just Virgina. But there is nothing wrong with that!

Subtle and sweet. It has body with a decent bang. Good burn. Non- tox. I'm down with it.

I make efforts and try different blends, and different companies here and there. But my base tobaccy is anything that Sun Butler makes, followed by the work of Cornell and Diehl. Currently Organic Smoke Inc. produces Kentucky Select Organic Pipe Tobacco - which is essentially the same as Organic Pipe Dreams.

By the way don't let anybody fool you, if you stuff a giant pipe full of OPD or KSO, you'll get some whoop-a$s for sure!

Dubinthedam Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dubinthedam (133)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I really enjoyed this mild blend, a flowery, citrus and honey tasting blend. The casing is very subtle, solid honest VA, last I heard it was no longer being blended which is a great shame. A must try 'just to see' blend for any VA lover.

JustSmokin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JustSmokin (1)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

Although I very much enjoyed smoking this tobacco, my tin went moldy after less than 4 months.

Plex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Plex (39)
Very Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

Perhaps something hinting at sweetness. It makes smoke. It burns when lit. Not too wet in the tin.

Taste? Not really any. This was a freebie tin. It may be stored until an interest to try it again arises, or it gets chucked. Wouldn't even consider buying more.

al1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
al1 (58)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

First off I love C&D tobacco in general. I mean absolutley no offense by what I am about to write. I don't know what happened, but it was not good tobacco to smoke. It is possible I got a tin that went sour or something but it tasted like smoking tea to me. It also made me very ill and I cannot stand to even look at it anymore.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I have tried it 5 months ago and I was impressed by the fact that it was very dry when I opened it. I thought that the box was damaged. But I liked a lot its natural flavor of smoke.

After 5 months I opened the second box. It was again dry but with a better flavor of vanilla perfume and plum. It?s not heavy at all and of course it leaves the bowl clean and dry. I can?t say that I can easily smoke it on its own and this is why I tried to mix it with other smokes more humid and with intense flavor. Either Latakia or perfumed in order to have a better result.

It?s worthwhile to buy a tin just for the experience.

ajaj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ajaj (69)
Very Mild None Detected Mild Pleasant

Absolutely wonderful smoking experience. Organic Pipe Dreams has virtually no flavoring added (it must have some since untreated virginias are very bitter) which yields a certain "rawness". Mid-bowl onward is my favorite time with this smoke when the natural sweetness of virginias shine through. DGT is great also. At the end, you feel you have a clean palette. I cannot wait for this stuff to age; it will be very sweet!

aj

schnorrer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
schnorrer (14)

I agree with the positive posts. My two (or three) bits-

1) The tobacco has to be dry to prevent mold as there is no preservatives or propylene glycol.

2) Minimal bite.

3) It ages great! After a few months, it becomes even more flavorful

I am glad that it is organic. I don't need or want artificial chemicals, flavoring agents, etc. Just give me good straight tobacco. And the Americans who grow it (and the land that it is grown on) are treated with respect. I will definitely buy more.

Schwetty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Schwetty (15)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

I tried this blend on a lark. I must admit that I am not one to go organic in just about any facet of my life.

I was surprised that the taste and body of it was pleasing. This blend is a sleeper. Upon opening the tin, I was greeted with a freshly mown hay scent.

The tobacco is a bit on the dry side, but lights nicely. The taste is a very clean, mild virginia tobacco with a slight hint of sweetness. I cant help but think this could be the natural vanilla added to inhibit mold. The room note is very light with a simple scent of tobacco smoke.

I usually like heavy latakia blends, but found this to be a nice, albeit different change of pace. It is almost like a light beer in that there is a satisfying taste, but it doesnt come on too strong. I find it especially nice on a warm evening outside.

I can see keeping a tin of this around for a diversion from time to time. I would recommend Organic Pipe Dreams as a "palate cleanser" to change things up a bit, especially in the warm weather months. Very light, clean and pleasant smoke. Again, I think it is a sleeper in that once you get past the "organic" you'll really enjoy it's pureness.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)

This blend is somewhat of an oddity to me. If you are a Birkenstock wearing, Prius driving, organic fanatic(and you smoke?) this blend might be viewed in a different light. My self as a Red Wing wearing, truck driving, red meat devouring man, I find it absolutely unremarkable. I think what ever fertilizers, pesticides and other nasty chemicals they put in my tobacco actually adds to my enjoyment. This blend is just too void of taste to ever make a second audition in my pipe rotation.

Stan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stan (137)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

A bone dry chopped bright virginia. The odd flavors noted above don't seem to influence the light flavor any but may keep it smooth. Burns fairly cool for being so dry. Not as tasty as C&D's briar Fox. But not bad either.

Packer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Packer (56)

Upon placing a large order from the Tarler's at C&D, Mrs. Tarler said she was sending me a suprise. That it was. I recieved a 2 oz. tin of OPD. At first I thought it odd to worry about going organic....and puffing away on a pipe for 16 hours a day. After more thought I decided that it may be "a good thing" to leave out the chemicals in growing/processing of tobacco.

This blend is golden Virginias that come rather dry (just the way I like it) The tin aroma is of mild, newly mowed hay. I love a flake, but this blend may spoil me. Ready rubbed, and ready to smoke. Pack, light, and burn are great. Flavor ...mild, slightly sweet...no casing, and no bight.

Thanks again to C&D for another WINNER! RATE

Indian Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Indian (13)

I received a tin of this with high hopes for yet another excellent presentation from C&D. When I opened the tin I was immediately alarmed. It looked very dry and I had pictures of a tobacco with the bite of a pit bull. How wrong I was. Whew.

Tin: The tin smelled great!! Like a freshly mown field the morning after with the smells heavy with dew. It appears to be all light VA's. Pure and unadulterated! Nothing spectacular except great VA tobaccy.

Char: Strong yet smooth. a little on the sharp side. My fears of being badly bit with a rank tobacco are still there but I am hopeful.

Top bowl: WOW!! Smooooooth with a sweet tobacco taste. A little tangy and very tasty. My fears are put to rest. This is going to be one hell of a bowl. Now I am worried that the Prune, Agave, and Honey are going to put me off but.......

Mid bowl: Nothing but tobacco taste. The natural preservatives are just that. They are not added as a flavoring OR casing. I can't taste them AT ALL. Just excellent tobacco and the flavor is really developing into a fullness that I did not expect.

Bottom: I am happy to report that I didn't get bit once! The flavor really develops into a toasty, sweet, virgin tobacco with a healthy nicotine kick. Superb! You don't want it to be over. I am also surprised that it is so smooth and flavorful. knowing how VA's age I am excited to smoke this one in a year if I can wait that long.

I also gave some to a friend to try. She (yup she) loved it!! She offered to buy some from me but I just couldn't part with it so I gave her the 1800 # for C&D (and of course one more bowl). Highly recommended.