A medium strength English-style blend with dominating Oriental and cigar leaf, and lesser amounts of red Virginia and black Cavendish. While it can start a bit harsh, it settles down to a hearty, flavorful, balanced smoke, which should improve with age.

BrandJohn Patton
ContentsCigar Leaf, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant, Tolerable
Gig Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gig (10)
Medium Medium Medium Tolerable

Well talk about a blend which awakens ones taste buds and makes them do the dance of joy. This blend I found truely amazing. It initially starts with a tangy sweetness, effecting the tongue like a spritzig wine would do, a sense of tingling. All the blends marry beautifully and nothing is overpowering. The latakia is diffinitely there and makes its sense present but never cloying or overpowering. It shares its flavour with the spicyness of the orientals and sweetness of the virgina and cavindish tobacco and the cigar leaf smoothing this blend nicely. This blend is constantly changing in ones palate which made smoking this blend a real joy. Harvest Home burns nicely, never becoming hot and only needed the occasional relight and burned to the bottom living no dottle. I can highly recommend this tobacco to those which like an oriental English of a medium strength

John Q Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
John Q (6)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I'm generally a EMP smoker as my first pipe of the day most mornings. After smoking this blend I've come to realize that the taste is very similar to EMP, even a bit more fuller. I can see myself keeping this blend on hand as my "new morning" blend. Only downfall was DGT'ing this blend, it appeared harsh and bitey, which I did not understand.