A little Latakia, some toasted Cavendish, a generous portion of red Virginia plus a slight vanilla flavor.

Blend TypeVirginia/Latakia
ContentsCavendish, Latakia, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Vanilla, Whisky
Strength
Extremely Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
2.3
augiegus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
augiegus (48)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

This appears to be a mainly black tobacco with flecks of brown ribbon. I am not much of an english smoker and in truth this is a rather mild english blend so I like it. The flavor upon lighting is mainly of latakia but once again I usually lean towards flakes and aromatics so anything with some latakia taste like latakia to me. I did not detect any bitterness in the blend and the room note is pretty nice. I came away from this tobacco as being a relaxing blend and I did not notice any vanilla topping in the smoke flavor which is a good thing for I do not care for vanilla blends. This is a smooth burning non-biting tobacco. A quality mild english worth a try.

dualkarnain Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dualkarnain (74)

I purchased a bulk ounce of this from Outwest tobacco for a coupla bucks and I wish I'd ordered more!

I taste a little bit of bitterness but I'm assuming that's part of the flavor - I don't think it's the Latakia. I taste the less-than-sweet Virginias in healthy amounts and I'm impressed.

The room note is great as well.

Try it out!

Images Evoked: An undead bear gnawing off his foot to escape a steel claw, enjoying a calciated, yet somewhat stumbling, freedom.

Update : Downgrade to two stars: After several bowls I find this to be too wet.

Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

A little Latakia? It was all I could taste! It doesn't appear to have that much Latakia in it but that which was present was a very pungent almost bitter version. I couldn't taste anything else. I will try it again later with a cleaner palate....

Later: I am upgrading this to three stars. The Latakia still dominates but tasted much smoother the second time around. Don't be put-off by the vanilla flavoring, I couldn't taste it , just in the aroma. Would be a good choice for when a mainstream English wouldn't be appreciated by others. Smells much better than most English type tobacs.