Blend of Cavendish Tobacco flavored with a rich cherry mixture... Full aromatic, medium to full bodied yet gentle. One of J.M.'s first masterful blends 30 years ago. While smoking the cherry aroma gives way to an agreeable, light tobacco flavor. Burns easily to the end.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco

2.5
Palermo09 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Palermo09 (20)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I have found that being a non-aromatic smoker the time does come when a good aro is nedded and can be enjoyed. This has a lot to do with the wife not liking the smell of heavy english blends or even some times just craving a change of pace. Boswells Cherry Smash is a good aromatic. It does have some nictonine which is important to me and does not bite. There is a strong cherry flavor at the beginning of the bowl which mellows and some good black cavendish flavors come through towards the second half. I could never smoke this stuff all day but a couple of times a week does work. I would imagine that those who like aromatics would like this blend asit is one of the few that I actually can enjoy.

Pipe Used: Boswells Free Hand

Purchased From: Boswells

Backwoods Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Backwoods Piper (47)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Not a real cherry cavendish fan but love the room note of most cherry tobacco. A friend from the pipe community recommended this blend for people like me who want the aroma but not the sickeningly sweet overpowering flavor of the casings used in most berry blends. Cherry Smash is a nice smooth burning and smoking tobacco. Cherry Smash has the cherry roma I love and a rich tobacco flavor with a sweet and nutty finish. A pleasant smoke for a sitter and is sure to please the people around you. I would buy this blend again.

Pipe Used: Briars and Meers for Aro blends

Purchased From: Boswells, Chambersburg, PA.

wolfdreamer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wolfdreamer (25)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Very subtle and smooth flavours...did get a bit of tongue bite but overall a nice smoke.

castello man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
castello man (13)

Not bad, but not one of my favorite Boswell blends. A bit artificial tasting, and contrary to the description, does NOT burn easily to the end. No bite. If you like Cherry flavor, try their PA Dutch Treat, which to me has a more balanced cherry flavor.

russ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
russ (25)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Tolerable

I have the pleasure of being able to drive to Boswells shop. These folks are beyond great folks. I have sampled alot of their blends. The cherry was one that I thought--what the heck--I wil give it a try. In my past experience with cherry pipe tobaccos I found them to bite back--especially in the back of my throat. Unfortunately this one was no different. I found it to bite harder than I expected. I won't be smoking this again. The Boswell family has far more greater, and better blends.

youngpipelungs Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
youngpipelungs (2)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Overwhelming Pleasant

I was told to stay away from aromatics, but I decided to try a few anyway.

This was one I will NEVER try again. Tastes terrible, Bites like crazy, and leaves my mouth very upset.

Was rough on my throat and tasted like hot garbage hinted with cherry cough syrup, Don't bother.

YoungSmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
YoungSmoke (24)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

After a couple weeks of having it around it seems the cherry flavor has grown richer, and fuller but still subtle and refined and not overwhelming...and now the cherry seems to stick around the whole bowl. It's also not a strong or sour cherry, it's soft and only slightly tart. I like this one because it's not just straight cherry, it seems to be more than that...maybe a cherry with a vannilla finish. And that is why I keep it around. I may not smoke it much but when I'm in the mood for some cherry...it's really tasty. Sometimes I forget that I do like cherry blends, but I have to be in the mood and this is one of the best I've smoked. It burns well, and smokes great...no bite and smokes dry. It has a good balance and the tobacco flavors are not overpowered. The only other thing I can say is I felt this blend has a bit of a nicotine kick to it and stronger tobacco flavor. I noticed the same with Boswell's Apple Struddle, which is also great. Not a bad thing, just more than I'm used to. Good stuff for a change of pace, it's a once in a great while smoke for me. I'm not big on cherry, but this is good for those times and a way better cherry blend than the others out there.

Ohiopiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ohiopiper (1)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

All the Boswells are top notch, but this is presently my favorite. some of the reviewers think that this casing is too weak, but I find that it is perfect since it does not overwhelm the Virginia tobacco taste. It is mild with no tongue bite, smokes cool, and has a nice taste. It leaves a nice flavor to the pipe. I was tending towards straight Virginias but love this combination. Stays lit, no goop, and burns to a nice ash. Four stars for sure.

pipe dream Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipe dream (11)

i dont like cherry blends. they are too busy trying to be cherry,while burning your tongue out.this one is subtle. i thought this is a mild blend while lighting. then afraid of possible bite i smoked slowly.sweet overtones of cherry,no bite,no steam.a very good blend made to be enjoyed with your nose in the smoke! this blend never overpowered. it continued to build to a full boquet of pleasure.i will buy this again and again.the only other cherry blend i cared to smoke more than once unfortunately left a ghost in my pipe for days. not this one.also smoked dry. this is a four star blend with a nice aroma.blender knew what he was doing.great flavor.

Matt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matt (14)

Like the other reviewers have said it need more cherry punch to it. Good quality tobacco tho and I wouldnt say I regret buying two ounces of this.

rexinator26 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rexinator26 (19)

I must agree with my fellow puffer.This tobacco has a nice aroma in the pouch,but not a real cherry aroma.While smoking ,the cherry flavor and smell are are faintly present in the background.The tobacco packs, lights, smokes well, does'nt get hot,and no tongue bite.But if your looking for a true cherry tobacco this isn't it.If you want a mild tobacco with a hint of cherry(?)then give it a try.

gorealestate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gorealestate (28)

In my search to find a great cherry blend, I had to give this one a try. The pouch aroma is not very ?cherry? smelling. Upon lighting this one up, I was waiting for ?cherry FLAVOR?. It?s there, but only slight as a background. Coming from Washington, I know what a good cherry should taste like so maybe I am a bit bias. This blend has more of a sweet cherry taste rather than a bold/robust cherry flavor that I was expecting. This blend is ?wimpy? when it comes to providing a true cherry flavor. Not a bad tobacco taste, but if it?s cherry flavor your looking for, Pipeworks & Wilke?s Cherry Cavendish blows this one away hands down!