Toasted Burley, orange Virginia and Black Cavendish have been added Scotch Whisky.

BrandAlsbo
Manufactured BySt-Group Assens
FlavoringWhisky
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Medium, Strong
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild, Medium, Medium to Full
2.0
Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The whiskey taste is the only reason to buy this. As far as taste goes, it's an okay whiskey flavor, though a few times, I caught a hint of vanilla. Because it's a shag, you must smoke it slowly or risk tongue bite. It's not a remarkable smoke by any means, but it's not bad. There's worse and there's a few better. If I'm somewhere and need tobacco, I could live with smoking a bowl or two.

joske Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
joske (2)
Mild to Medium Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable to Strong

The first thing that struck me about this tobacco was the tongue bite. Even when smoked slowly and carefully.

The flavouring of the tobacco is sweet and somewhat acidic. The room note is more pleasant than the taste.

Afterwards the attack on the pallet continues, the taste resembles that of the aftertaste of a night of jack daniels and cola.

overall this blend needs more balanced mix of tabacco and the whisky sweetness needs to be toned down. It was not a pleasant smoke nor was it an enjoyable experience afterwards.

Pipe Boiler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe Boiler (11)

This is my 3rd try at Aromatic and I was a bit disappointed with this. The whiskey flavour was very sickly when smoked. Not sweet sickly just made me feel a bit sick. I stuck with it and after a few days it started to appeal a little. I used the last of it with another tobacco (Peterson Old Dublin) tin remains mixed in and it improved a lot. Definitely not buying it again.

Koliat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Koliat (2)
Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

This is my first type under Alsbo mark. I must say I've smoked better baccos in my half of year pipe smoking career. The whisky topping is noticeable, but it burns pretty fast. It might be so due to fact that I've not humidified the leaves enough. The leaves are pretty fine cut, but overall the grade is C+ in English grading. If you want to try it out, feel free. I just personally prefer W.O Larsen quality.