This Blend is made from Black Cavendish, gently pressed and fermented ready rubbed Virginia and Burley together with bright wild-cut Virginia. Fruity Black Currant and Apple flavours underline the taste of this mixture.

BrandStanwell
FlavoringApple, Blackcurrant
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full

2.7
o3Ho3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
o3Ho3 (26)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Life is full of challenges... so Kir & Apple is like that. If you ever smoked sisha (hookah) is just the same, for you. For people around is a strange smell with a strange consistency. But somehow is pleasant and enjoyable. Try it in party time, is not bad at all. But... otherwise....

Lestat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lestat (1)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Piper@thegates Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Piper@thegates (20)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I bought a 100g tin of this on the spur of the moment while browsing a tobacconist in Germany and to be honest I was a little wary as I hadnt had much success with aromatics in the past. I needn't have worried though because Kir and Apple has proven to be a very acceptable and well behaved aro, it doesn't gunk up my pipes and smokes fairly cool for an aro. The tin note is very strong, blackberry comes through mostly. Easy to pack and maintain, this blend as I say smokes less hot than most aros which is one of the reasons I rate it. One reason I prefer non aromatics is that I love the taste of the tobaccos and their various qualities, with aros including this one, I find that the topping often takes away much of the quality of the tobacco. But this is a blend I go to maybe once or twice a week still and it will remain a favourite of mine when I look for a change. The room note is very pleasant even noticable to me as I smoke, others seem to adore the smell of this weed.

NighTChill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NighTChill (6)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Very Strong

When I buy it, it was an action of curiousity. Well, I went wrong! Normal strength, but from that part ahead... Extremely high room note, not pleasant for the surroundings, the taste is too full, and subjectively bad/for me/. I fully respect Stanwell's products, but this one is totally not one of mine favourites. Although, if you have money, and time to experiment, do not wonder and buy it.

jazzmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jazzmoke (57)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This is probably one of the best of the stanwell tobaccos. It's an aromatic blend, but more on the stronger side, meaning that I recommend smoking it from small and medium pipes. No tongue bite, great smell, nice aroma, good taste. Recommended for danish tobacco lovers.

Watson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Watson (20)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

A very special combination with a unique taste!

It has all the advantages of the Stanwell tobaccos (no moisture, burns to the end, no tongue bites, smooth burning) and it is a "clever" mixture.

It shall give that "difference" in every days smoking!

One of my faves of all times together with "Stanwell Melange"!

Marco1982 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marco1982 (6)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

When I first read the description on the tin, I was really looking forward to smoking a few bowls of the tobacco. It didn't sound like your ordinary aromatic. At least I hadn't had any experiences with apple and black currant, whatsoever, and I hadn't heard of such a thing yet. When you open the tin, there is a strong smell of the added aroma, but you won't find any traces of a tobacoo smell, which is - in my opinion - not a very good sign. Yet, the aroma was at least interesting, so I gave it a try.

The first few puffs made it quite clear, that the tobacco flavor is minimal. The casing dominates from the first to the last puff. Its flavour would be hard to pin down. I'd say that its fresh and slightly sour, but not really intolerable. However, I didn't really taste apple or black currant, so that was a little disappointing.

Smoked slowly, the tobacco gave me some pleasure but I guess I wouldn't pick it up again. Maybe for some hardcore aromatic enthusiasts, who want simply aroma without any traces of natural tobacco, Kir and Apple might be worth a shot. For anyone who is looking for an aromatic which leaves traces of tobacco flavour: Pick up something else!

I guess I should add that I have smoked the tobacco out of a filter pipe, so everything I have said might not be true for non-filter pipes. Anyway, pretty much everything which is said in a review is purely subjective so you should take it as such. Best wishes and tanks for reading. Marco