Tabac naturel non saucé.
Very fine shag cut Semois tobacco.

BrandWindels
ContentsKentucky
CutShag
Packaging40g Pouch
CountryBE
Strength
Strong
Taste
Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
3.7
Dubinthedam Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dubinthedam (133)
Very Strong Mild to Medium Full Tolerable

Oh boy. I once read that Sherlock Holmes smoked heavy crude, strong, man in the street, type shag tobaccos, well this would be it then. No fancy dandy boy stuff here then. Think French Turkish non filter cigarettes and cheap cigars. This isn't a blend you smoke, its an experience, a rough ride, a journey back in time to a Brussels where people smelled of sweat and piss, eat meat once a week and died if they couldn't afford a doctor. Give it a try, if your man enough and you always liked the idea of time travel. If you enjoy it, you probably already believe in reincarnation!

CherryTree Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CherryTree (2)
Strong Medium Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Hi everyone. I have been consulting this site since the beginning. Have tried many tobacco's. This one is one of my favorites. Almost as good as "Langue de chien" from J.MARTIN. No bite, strong, not disturbing smell, cheap, and available (http://maisonmartin.be)

Virginia lover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Virginia lover (100)
Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

Looks, smells and tastes potent. A citizen's tobacco. Priced at 4 euros, you can't go wrong. It says natural, no sauce, on the pouch so then it's even better as I don't detect any topping. A small pipe is required, perfect for a nicotine rush. A harsh and rewarding smoke. The taste is delicate and lingers for some time. The nicotine tingles the throat, what else could you ask for?

loosewatches Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
loosewatches (108)
Strong None Detected Full Strong

Well, I have about fifteen thousand tobaccos to review now, having not much written a lick. Pipestud's got nothing to fear however, since I'm far to verbose to keep up, if you catch my drift.

I figured I'd try and start to write a few reviews again and, since I have a lot to say about this tobacco, it seemed like a good place to start.

Good Strong Shit, with a small S, Large s and capital good, in reciprocal order.

________________________________________________________________

I'd like to leave it that, (simply because that review would be so humorous in it's brevity) but since this Semois is hard to find, I shan't.

A very strong cup of dark roast, followed by a shot of espresso, in one quick sitting is about what you're in for with this stuff.

I was at the California Nationals a few months ago, (the car show mind you, in Sacramento) and my Dad's buddy was snooping in his trunk for a smoke. Hey Mike, I said, check this out.

He asked, of course, how to pack it (not "what's it taste like?") so I showed him. Take a pinch and roll it tween the fingers then stuff it. Beware of in-the-wind lighting (which he was not) and being an everything, but mostly, cheap (and possibly, in the States) aromatic smoker, he had a fun time on light up.

Mike Williams is a master car builder. Pipe care is, for him, a bitch. I think he is half a cake away from having two lungs with one miss placed puff.

He did not tell me it was stinky, though I myself, know the tasty truth.

Mike's a heel of guy, with a beauty of a black 454 55 chevy to prove it.

He didn't win this year, and I don't think Semois did either, but it's a good kick of a smoke.

Very Strong None Detected Extra Full Very Pleasant

Lord have mercy! I smoked a bowl of this at our local pipe club meeting (gifted to the club by Marty Pulvers, one of the gentlemen putting on the new Las Vegas Pipe Show in October of this year). The leaf was light colored and there was no discernable smell in the pouch, so, I was expecting to taste a typically mild Danish blend. Instead, I was jack-hammered by the strenth once I got a fire going in the bowl.

Semois is as strong a nicotine blend as I've ever put in one of my pipes. At the half bowl mark my head was swimming and my eyes were watering. I'm not sure all of the components of Semois are legal. No bite, no frills, quick burning and palate numbing. I want more!

Tabakabouter Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tabakabouter (9)
Strong None Detected Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is the same T. as Semois grove snede. Burley from Belgium that grows only at the Semois river. Because of the fine cut it has a somewhat sharper taste and burns faster. Intended for cigarette rolling, but also for a pipe with a small chamber. No tongbite. Natural aroma's of haselnut and oak. To strong for me, but a very distinguished taste. For those who love naturel tobacco wit "terroir".