An Aromatic that you can smoke year round. Very Pleasant Vanilla Cookie flavor. This will definitely please everyone in the room as well as the seriuos smoker. You do not need to like aromatics to enjoy this blend. A heady smoke all day long.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
Blended ByJ. M. Boswell
ContentsCavendish
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Vanilla, Whisky
Strength
Taste

Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

If you are a fan of aromatics than you probably are aware of J.M. Boswell, makers of some of the finest aro's on the market today. Christmas Cookie is one of their best IMHO. It is quite sweet and the smell is very similar to the flavor of the smoke. I seldom smoke aromatics but when I do, this is one that I reach for on those cold winter nights. Highly Recommended.

joel750 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
joel750 (6)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Just got this today from J.M.Boswell and what a great tobacco! If you like Aromatic tobaccos & you like the taste of freshly baked cookies,this blend is for you! You won't be disappointed with this blend.Mild but the flavor is great,room note is very pleasant to fantastic and you could smoke this all day & you'll never get tired of it.this is one of my favorites and is definitely a keeper and has a permanent place in the rotation line. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed.

russ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
russ (24)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

This one is a gentle throw back that reminds me of grandmas sugar cookies in the oven around the holidays. A really nice mild smoke that doesn't overpower the palate. I just took a freind to Boswells shop, and he brought several ounces along with him. He really likes it too. Some might say its a little flat, but I find it very even as far as flavor, and over all smoke from the top of the bowl to the bottom. Its a great aromatic, and when I have smoked it where others can smell it they ask me what it is. For those who are afraid of room note around the ladies--I have not gotten any complaints--only questions about whats in my pipe.

Mountain Man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mountain Man (23)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I don't have very much to add,but I am impressed by the overall quality of this tobacco blend.It's mild enough to smoke all day,every day,with enough flavor to satisfy.It did get a little ashy tasting twoards the bottom,but not any worse than any other aromatic.I read these reviews and was expecting something extraordinary,but it didn't happen that way.Although Christmas Cookie is a 4star aromatic,there are a few aromatics out there that I put above CC,with Sweet Vanilla Honeydew taking the #1 spot,but I will keep Christmas Cookie in my tobacco rotation,for sure.

BriarBreather Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarBreather (8)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is my first time smoking anything from boswell's. I ordered a pipe from them, and they sent me some samples to try. I chose the christmas cookie for the free sample, and the berry cobbler as well. I was about to give up on the aromatics, but based on the r eviews here, I decided to try once more. I have heard others say they could taste the flavors in the smoke, but for me I have never tasted anything but "Sweet air" in the previous blends I have tried. I tried everything my local shop had to offer in aromatics, but I had to smoke real hard to get any taste from them. When I tried this blend, I put it in a corn cob Pipe I had because I did not want to take a chance on another tasteless tobacco ruining a new pipe. I could not believe it when I lit it up. It was incredible!! I smoked half the bowl, and then went and got a good pipe and filled her up. If you have been let down by all the aromatics you have tried....give this one a shot. It has taste, a very pleasant roomnote, and you wont find yourself smoking your pipe hot looking for flavor!! Thanks Boswell's....you saved me!!

meanmrmustard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
meanmrmustard (34)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

O.K., this is my third review of a Christmas blend today. I have been smoking this for a year now, and I never tire of it. It is an excellent, all year smoke, another superb mix by Boswell. I really can't add anything to the comments already given except I highly recommend it and it is one of my all time favorites.

greekthinker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
greekthinker (18)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

If you smoke aromatics and don't like this, switch to bark, because this is as good as it gets for aromatics. The only exception would be a smoker who likes fruity stuff. This blend is not fruity. It is mellow, pastry, down right delicious and mild, too. It burns great, tastes and smells geeat, and is easily the best smoke I have had in 40 years. I can't get enough of this. From the moment you open the bag you know this is something special. How many times have you opened a bag or tin and said "wow", only to be let down as soon, or soon after, you lit it? Not this time. If anyone knows of a better aromatic please let us know what it is.

INSilverado Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
INSilverado (1)

I'm fairly new to pipe smoking and this is my first review on this site. After a year of smoking a pipe, I'm still a fan of aromatics and have heard good things about the Boswell blends. So last week I ordered up this blend and two others.

After a few bowls of Christmas Cookie, I find it to be quite a cool, medium flavored smoke. It didn't smoke wet AT ALL and burned down to a very fine, white ash. The middle of the bowl is thus far my favorite part of the bowl. It just seems, to me, that the flavor really comes out at that point.

I think if you're an aromatic smoker, you owe it to yourself to try this and the other Boswell blends.

sportspipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
sportspipe (4)

I enjoy most of the major categories of tobacco blends. English, Va, Aromatic.

I say this to give perspective to those who may read this.

That out of the way....

This was the first blend I've tried of Boswell and I'm definitely pleased with their blending ability. The blend packs and lights well. Remains lit and as far as aromatics go, doesn't really burn too hot(ie. little to not bite). I got mine out the pouch as soon as I could and put it into a nice glass jar to give it a little breathing room. I generally do this with anything I order in bulk to get it out the bag/pouch. I have to say though, not too wet and very smokable right away.

It's not a coincidence I'm trying this around the approaching Christmas holiday. But hey, why not. If you can't smoke a blend called Christmas Cookie now, when can you?

agentlemanfromindiana Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
agentlemanfromindiana (18)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Though this blend is very mild, it is a really nice first smoke of the day. Subtle hints of sugar cookie taste make it very pleasant and a full bodied flavor pleases the palate. A top notch aromatic!!

ProfessorShak Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ProfessorShak (7)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

With the loss of Middle Earth/King Arthur Blend, I was hard pressed to find a substitute for my top aromatic. This came highly recommended. It smelled great from the pouch, but I've smelled great before. It was when I lit up that I KNEW that this was my new top aromatic. I smoke straight Va's to Heavy Latakia blends but Always have aromatics. This tops it off! I immediatly called Boswell and ordered 2 lbs for back-up. This and Berry Cobbler are my top Aromatics.

Arkansas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkansas (6)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I have been smoking this for a year now, and can find nothing I don't like about it. This tobacco, and a churchwarden seem to be made for each other. One of the only two Boswell blends I like.

beaupipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beaupipe (100)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I have to say that this was an awfully pleasant surprise. Under pressure to choose a 1 ounce free sample to go with the pipe I was in the midst of ordering, I mumbled something like, Well, I've heard good things about Christmas Cookie. Had I? I wasn't sure.

The tobacco arrived and I decided to load up a bowl of Christmas Cookie in a filtered pipe, as I tend to do with all aromatics. In the pouch, the aroma is a delightful vanilla with caramelized accents. The tobacco is a mix of fine ribbon cut golden Cavendish with some larger chunks of black Cavendish (I'd estimate the ratio to be about 70/30). The tobacco is easy to work with, though a little bit moist. A short quarter hour drying period was all it needed for me.

Smoking this tobacco was a genuine pleasure. The smoke is mild with a vanilla custard or crème brulée quality that smells beautiful and is oddly comforting as well. In the filtered pipe, the smoke was dry and biteless. Over the course of a long weekend, I plowed through the entire ounce and enjoyed every bowl.

Like most aromatics, Christmas Cookie is decidedly short on nicotine, and so many smokers will find it wanting in that important area. But it's a lovely change of pace and just the kind of dry, bite-free smoke that those who like the smell of aromatics but dislike their smoking properties might enjoy. Highly recommended as a change of pace.

pipe dream Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipe dream (11)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

xmas cookie is a light clean smoke .room note is very good for those trying to pacify.i didnt find it as exciting as other boswell brlends, because now im spoiled.they have some of the best aromatics going and i havent got to the english etc. yet.the truth is i could smoke this all day so it gets 4 stars.

hambone71 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hambone71 (4)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

If you like aromatics then this is for you. Certainly my favorite of the five or six Boswell blends that I've tried. Smells great, tastes great, and smokes great for the most part. I have dealt with some re-lighting issues but nothing to serious.

CPT/VSG Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CPT/VSG (70)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

This review requires a disclaimer: I am not an aromatic smoker and only smoked CC because it was included with a new Boswell pipe I purchased and I had read so many rave reviews of it. The fact that I made it through the ounce I received speaks well of it but I just don't get the notion of tobaccos that smell and taste like foods; I just like my tobacco to smell and taste like, well, tobacco, not cherry cobbler, peaches & cream or cookie dough. That being said, CC is something I could smoke on rare occasion.

rhapsodyofmetal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rhapsodyofmetal (42)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is an aromatic lovers,aromatic. This is by far the best aromatic in my collection(aside from Dan Tobaccos Blue Note!) The Boswell team hit a perfect score on this aromatic. It smells,tastes great and no bite to boot!

This blend is perfectly balanced with flavor and smell. Boswell did a fine job. 4/4 stars!!!

Hanzy4200 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hanzy4200 (3)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I wanted to hate it. The name alone kept me away for some time, but I finally picked some up. This is some good flippin tobacco! I smoked an oz. in 3 days. It is definitely a full aromatic, but it is done the right way. This is one of the very few aromatics that actually holds it's delicious flavor throughout the entire bowl. Most taste like ashy crap by the second half of the bowl, not this one. Flavor is reminiscent of aged vanilla, brown sugar, a drop of spiced rum, and a pinch of something else. Remember what your grandmas kitchen smelled like when she was baking cookies? Yea. Hands down best aromatic I've ever had.

Pipe Used: Boswells Poker

Purchased From: Boswells

Similar Blends: Closest thing I've had would be Boswells Best, also another A+ blend. Similar flavor, but much bolder in the Christmas Cookie..

IndianPiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
IndianPiper (2)

One of the best aromatics to have in your cellar. It does taste of vanilla/sugar cookie, but it is not high on sugar/goopy. But I also get a bit of banana milk shake taste (very subtle though). Packed the pipe using the "rolling pipe in your hand" method. Absolutely no to very little tongue bite. The nicotine kick is very minimal but the flavor is amazing and it has one of the best aftertastes. Very smooth almost till the end of the bowl.

Do give this a try!!

Pipe Used: Erik Nording

Purchased From: Boswells

musicman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
musicman (81)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

All of the Boswell blends are excellent products. There is not a dud in the bunch. That being said, I have found I like some more than others. Surprisingly my taste seems to go against the tide on this one. This blend is easily one of the flagship blends for Boswells, along with berry cobbler and northwoods. Surprisingly, this is not one of my favorites from Boswells. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, just not a favorite.

This blend has to have one of the best tin and room notes on the market. They use the term "heady" in the description of this tobacco and that pretty much sums it up. It smells delicious.

The flavor is very subdued. I would have liked a little more assertiveness in the vanilla department. As with all Boswell blends even the most aggressive puffer will find it hard to make this blend bite.

A good blend for sure. Recommended.

Age When Smoked: Purchased 2008

Passion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Passion (28)
Very Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

One of only a handful of aromatics in my cellar. This one tastes nice and smells wonderful to those around you. A crowd pleaser for sure!

matthieuduquette Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
matthieuduquette (12)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

I have had to revise down my early impressions of this blend. The room note remains the best factor of Christmas Cookie. Yet most everything else about it just hasn't convinced me over time.

In the bag I certainly get a very holiday aroma. I would compare it to mulling spices with dried berries such as pomegranate. The cavendish blend is dark and adds a visual impression of a mulled wine with whole spices swimming throughout the mixture.

This was a very cool, dry smoke. As well as little to no bite but relighting is naggingly constant. It wasn't as heady a smoke as I would like either. It draws out in fairly weak plumes instead of rich, dense clouds of smoke. It also was a short smoke at only thirty minutes. My preferred time being at least forty minutes.

The taste wasn't bad. It is just very boring. A little sweet. No complexity or tobacco flavor. Ends up being the taste of ash with a bit of sweetness mixed in. The spice, berry, and vanilla notes I could make out in the bag don't transfer to the taste at all.

The room note was very nice on this blend. It was light and dissipated quickly but in the first few moments after puffing it smelled like a spiced nut loaf was just pulled out of a nearby oven. After only a short time it is almost undetectable except for a whisper of vanilla remaining in the air which lingers for a fair amount of time.

Christmas cookie, despite an excellent room note. Just doesn't deliver in most other important characteristics. Flat taste, weak smoking experience, endless relighting. It is one that I really wanted to like my first few times smoking it. Yet in the end I had to stick with reality.

Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Though there may be certain things about this tobacco that the smoker might not fully appreciate (or even absolutely not like), the flavor and aroma are above reproach, in my opinion. Nice sweet vanilla cookie taste and an aroma that people WANT to be around. This is a very mild blend and is not going to overwhelm the smoker's taste buds with flavor, and accordingly it does not bite in the least except for an overeager puffer looking to expand this blends focus.

I agree with the tin description that one does not need to like aromatics to enjoy this blend but it would not, IMHO, be an all day smoke. This, for me, is a treat... almost like a special dessert. I probably won't have more than 2 oz of this in my tobacco bar at any one time, and will likely go without it for stretches of time. It's less so than other aromatics, but it does leave the telltale goopy trace in the pipe. Best to give it a pipe of its own. It does lose some of its flavor down the bowl as the casing burns away. It's not perfect.

But I fully believe that when the smoker is in the mood for this, nothing else will do. I think this is a very good and original blend; I've never found anything quite like it. Boswell The Younger (like his dad on other projects) should be congratulated on this exclusive gem.

Thoth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thoth (11)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of the few Boswell's aromatics I actually like and that tastes of something. Mild, flavorful smoke.

Packs and lights easily.

While I enjoyed this, I liked Berry Cobbler better. I will say one thing though, Boswells has figured out how to make tasty aromatics without boiling your tongue! This had too much of a vanilla flavor for me but I expected that with the Christmas cookie thing going. I smells wonderful in the pouch though and has a good aroma but not cookie to me. It had another flavor that came and went like a maple or even a black cherry and was one that I had to smoke halfway down to really enjoy it. it did burn very well and left little goop in my pipe which was nice. I won't buy more of this but it makes me want to try more Boswell aromatics.

earlr1957 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
earlr1957 (8)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Easy to lite and stay lit. Smokes down to a light gray ash. Moisture content is perfect. No bite. Casing is very lite. You could smoke this all day. This one I will be reordering.

CaptainAmerica Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptainAmerica (2)

I liked it, but it burned a little hotter. I noticed that after it dried somewhat, it was much more enjoyable, but this is definitely a good blend.

pipewelder Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipewelder (5)
Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Another winner from Boswell...taste is pretty much that of a vanilla cookie. Very easy on the taste buds and can be smoked bowl after bowl with no ill effects. Room note is as good as it gets...a true all day smoke. 4 stars!!!

Fernalgas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fernalgas (8)

Vanilla and hazelnutish...and cookie-ish as well..

JC Foote Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JC Foote (10)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I just received 2oz of this blend and have smoked four bowls. The burn its great. No goop in the pipe and a awesome room note. The wife lets me smoke this in the living room when we watch tv. The taste is mild with hints of vanilla, cookie and a little sweetness. Not a heavy aromatic. I might take the previous posters suggestion and buy a pound and let it age.

Another hit from Boswell. Highly recommended **

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (110)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I INSIST TO ALL YOU NAY SAYERS THAT THIS IS AN ENJOYABLE AROMATIC. BUT YOU MUST AGE IT. MY 2011 BATCH TUCKED AWAY IN MY DRAWER IN AN OLD COOKIE TIN. IS DELIGHTFUL TODAY 12 /23 /12. EVERYONE ENJOYED THIS BOWL AS A WALKED TROUGH THE PARK. RICH FULL MED STRENGHT TOBACCO. GREAT AROMA OF COOKIE DOUGH AND VANILLA AND CHOCOLATE FILLED THE AIR. A GOOD NICOTINE LEVEL VERY PIPEY SMOKE.

I SMOKE THIS ONLY THROUGHOUT THE CHRISTMAS SEASON AS A TREAT. AFTER NEW YEAR BACK TO BURLEY AND ENGLISH BUT FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR I LET ALL ENJOY MY PIPE. YOU MUST REMEMBER TO BUY A POUND A PUT IT AWAY TILL XMAS 2011. BECAUSE IT GET SO MUCH BETTER WITH AGE. THAT IS IF I DONT SMOKE IT ALL BY THEN LOL

It that time of year again! The best of the best aromatic blend that pleases both the Smoker and the passer by. Good Qulity leaf that dosen't leave the bowl sticky. A mild Vanilla and cookie flavor which just borders on being sweet. A great mild flavorful all day smoke. If your are into aroamtics This blend is a must. If not give it a try it may not make you an aromaitc lover but I am sure you will have a good smoke. Ages much better then most aromatics. I would recomnd to get a pound smoke through the holidays and store it away for next year. It get even better with age. Easy light up and taste better hours later to relight. Now this is blend being an aromatic should not be compared to English or heavier blends.

yuna12 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
yuna12 (1)
Extremely Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

I ordered 1oz of each of Boswell's blend and so far, christmas cookie is the best.

Dunkel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dunkel (11)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is a joy to smoke. It has a very nice room note, and is just about as bite free as you could ask for. It left no goop in the bottom of the bowl, and was ready to smoke right from the bag. It was the perfect moisture level to pack and smoke. It was very easy to keep lit as well. Unless something truly magical comes along this will be my go to smoke. It is well worth the $2.20 an ounce price tag and then some.

rexinator26 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rexinator26 (19)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This is a great all day mild tobacco.Upon opening the 2oz.sample, the aroma was delightful.This tobacco packs well, not wet at all,lights easy and stayed lit.Has a nice fresh baked cookie aroma with a hint of cherry coming thru now and then.What i loved about this tobacco is the white clouds of smoke it produced along with the cookie aroma.This is a no tongue bite tobacco,stays cool, no goopy mess,and it's pleasing cookie aroma.If your looking for a mild,NO FUSS,pleasant(not over powering) aroma tobacco, then get it while you can.

Matt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matt (14)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

I keep finding myself coming back to this blend, very pleasant. I wouldnt say it has a vanilla taste to it more like a creamy tobacco taste. I been smoking this daily for about three months now and cant get enough.

Uruss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Uruss (7)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A very smooth smoke, and very enjoyable. I've smoked just one other Boswell Tobacco (Berry Cobbler) and it was very good also but I think I like this tobacco a little bit better. There's practically no bite at all. I would Highly recommend this to anyone, especially to new Smokers out there (like me).

XavierMouser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
XavierMouser (6)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

A great choice here, very nice, very smooth. I've found this to go good with most any hot drink...from the cup of joe, to the hot buttered rum, to a toddy...this is a great accent to hot drinks.

Hopkins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hopkins (3)
Very Mild Very Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Burns slow and cool. AMAZING room note. Smells like vanilla cookies. If you are into your vanilla aromatics this is a great choice. Even if your not...still amazing. Love the blend... Definitely will buy more.

cigarman43035 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cigarman43035 (15)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I got a sampler with about 10 Boswell blends in it and boy is this a good blend! It burns great, has no bite, and the Aroma is to die for!! My wife who has Asthma just informed me "you can smoke that blend anythime!" Words to my ears! If you havn't tried it smoke it!!!

gorealestate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gorealestate (28)

The name says it all for the taste of this blend. A mild, pleasing smoke that is not overwhelming with a nice room aroma. The Virginias are in perfect balance to provide the exact sweetness. Not a heavy taste of tobacco which makes this a great ?starter? blend for a new smoker looking for something not very strong. I will always make sure I have a supply of this for the holidays!

OLDTIMER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OLDTIMER (39)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Another wonderful blend from Boswell. Dan outdone himself with this blend. It does not bite, smokes dry, and taste just like the name says. This is a taste treat good any time of day, all day. If you like Vanilla pipe tobacco this is a must try.

smokey stover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey stover (11)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This has become my alltime favorite aromatic blend. While all the Boswell blends I have tried so far have been great - this one is tops. No bite - excellent room note and flavor that lasts the entire bowl. Highly recommended !

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

I got this blend out of a box pass our pipe club sends around every once and a while. I tried a few bowls of it and proceeded to swap it for a tin of Dunhill's night cap. I liked this blend because it did taste like a cookie and also had the real tobacco taste that I love. I will have to say that the room note is probably the best I have ever smelled. I could not smoke this every day, it is just not my style. This blend is one of the best aromatics that I have ever tried. The bowl is not gunked with the goo of the casing and it is not so wet that a bag of pipe cleaners is necessary to keep your pipe dry. The most redeeming quality is the room note, but the carefully blended taste is also better than I expected, but nothing out of the ordinary for Boswell.

Adirondack Wayfarer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Adirondack Wayfarer (5)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

A very good blend, though not quite as sweet/flavorful as I had hoped. I wish the cookie taste "jumped out" a bit more. If you prefer your aromatics to be mild in flavoring, this will probably be right up your alley.

It smokes very smoothly, and although the flavor isn't blatantly obvious, while smoking you (and the people in the room) will randomly get hit with a momentary sugar cookie taste and smell. Good stuff, but isn't a perfect match if you prefer stronger aromatics.

pennjersey83 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pennjersey83 (11)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This blend has a hint of vanilla cookie but it's hard to detect compared to other Boswell blends. I wish the vanilla came through a little bit stronger. Still, it was a great blend and I will be ordering more. The smell this blend produces is amazing

Brennpiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Brennpiper (1)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Very good to smoke and kick back. I like to come home after work and have a good size bowl to relax. It has good taste and a wonderful aroma. No tongue bite. Very sweet tobacco.

Bombay Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bombay (6)
Very Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Oh, this stuff is good! My non-smoking friends simply adore the aroma, and it is easy-burning and smooth on the palate. Plus, the distinct smell of cookie dough wafted through my mustache for days. A truly exceptional aromatic.

FTF13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FTF13 (9)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Well,,, if you like sugar cookies.... This one is for you. Just not what I was looking for in a smoke. Wow--- super sweet !!! Back of my throat and tongue raw with the over dose of sweetness.

Pipedoctor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipedoctor (9)

Can someone help me out here? This is the first time I ordered tobaccos from Boswell (it's hard where I live, have to wait for friends to bring me some from the states when they visit). I ordered a pound of different blends and loved all of them. Though my 4 ounces of christmas cookie had a really weird (rotten-like) pouch aroma. Almost made me nauseous. Nontheless, I smoked it, and to my surprise it tasted good. So what's the deal with this sickening pouch aroma? All I ever heard was that it smelled amazing in the bag.. Did I like get a bad batch or something? Or is that the smell of the whiskey/alchohol/liquor? I don't drink, nor does my family so I'm not really sure what whiskey, and liquor smell like.. Appreciate any info on this. Thanks.

SBC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SBC (20)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is a tough tobacco to rate:

The room note is second to none. I mean that. It is far and away the nicest room note of any tobacco, ever. If you want to make a place smell nice, ditch the scented candles and smoke this tobacco. It's worth having at least for that.

Unfortunately, like most aromatics (not all--No Bite Delite from the same blender is an exception) the taste is nothing like the room note, and is in fact sort of unpleasant.

If it weren't for the "off" taste, this would be one heck of a tobacco. But room note cannot cover all sins.

Alas.

smokincoyote Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokincoyote (19)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Wow, never thought I would like a blend called "Christmas Cookie" this much!

Smokes cool, dry, and sweet through the whole bowl. Doesn't need any fuss or coaxing to keep lit. Room note is as advertised; COOKIES!

The flavor reminds me of something traumatic in my past, something that has scarred as much as it has shaped who I am... Thats right... CAPTAIN BLACK! That tongue crucifying, sour old molester of young men! IF ONLY this was in his ship (pouch/tin) the world would be a better place. They are very similar: sweet, vanilla with a boozey taste and amazing presence in the room, but the Cpt.Black's do-goodie- handsome twin should be in his place!

Taerin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taerin (20)

My favorite of all the Boswell tobaccos, no tongue bite at all on this one, incredibley sweet like a sugar cookie. A must try.

CowBoy From Hell Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CowBoy From Hell (12)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

this is one i come to love the taste for me is when lite carmel and chocolate sweetwhiskey , it tastes smooth thru out the whole bowl (even relite) and danker thru out the whole bowl, i highly recomend for spople with varieties of taste this is a must have in my cache

wolfdreamer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wolfdreamer (25)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I received a sample of this for Christmas from a friend. He ages his tobaccos. I found it a very relaxing and pleasant smoke with a nice flavour that had me coming back for more. I would recommend this.

Northern Pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Northern Pipes (22)

This tobacco it has a great sugary smell that fits it's name perfectly. It's a good aromatic that smokes cool and flavourful. As with most Boswell blends I've tried, the room note is amazing. This one is great while going for a leisurely stroll in the cooler weather of fall or a mild winter day.

tleek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tleek (48)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

This is a pretty good, mild, aromatic. The smell in the bag is that of caramel, vanilla, and some sort of liquor. The taste is a light tobacco flavor combined with vanilla or butterscotch. It is pretty good on occasion, but too sweet to be smoked all day. I primarily smoke english blends and aromatics, however i am more fond of european style rather than American style aros. This could be the very definition of an American aromatic. Ribbon cut, heavily cased, but still a bit of tobacco flavor present.

overall, recommended to anyone who enjoys the style.

ZenSmoker916 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ZenSmoker916 (5)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

If you like sweeter aromactics this is definitely for you. I don't taste any alcohol in the flavoring personally. To me, it's like smoking a sugar cookie. It's one aromatic that tastes pretty much like it smells. The tobacco taste is very light and in the background. The room note is excellent. A must try if you like this style.

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)

Smells like shortbread in the pouch, and it actually transfers to the bowl. A one-of-a-kind blend from Boswell's.

Clouds of creamy, sweet smoke, that leave a very pleasant room note. Definitely one for indoor smoking. Ships a bit moist in the pouch, but can level out in a few days. I will always have some of this on hand, not just for Christmas, but all year long.

TheSmokinDragon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheSmokinDragon (56)

This is a GREAT blend when you are in the mood for nice sweet flavors and just good quality bacci...get some for change ups

Wellpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wellpipe (47)

A real winner from Boswell. Fantastic room note and enjoyable albeit mild tobacco flavors - the flavor and aroma remind me of marshmallows toasted over a campfire. Gentle on the tongue and goes wonderfully with a big mug of coffee.

Update 8/11/2011: I still enjoy this tobacco and it is the only one that Mrs. Wellpipe actually LIKES the smell of, but the flavor experience for the person driving the pipe is somewhat limited compared to more epic blends, including Boswell's Northwoods. Adjusting my rating to 'Recommended'.

marosi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
marosi (47)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This seems to be made from the same basic tobacco blend as Berry Cobbler. Frankly, all of the Boswell blends that I have look pretty much the same, even their "English" blends. This clearly has virginias, burley, and cavendish, and is overall a very mild smoke. As with just about everything, it benefits greatly from some drying out before smoking. The first bowl, which was smoked right out of the bag, was hot and gave up little flavor. This was clearly the fault of my own impatience, and not some defect with the blend. When allowed to dry so as to dispel excess moisture, the effect was a much cooler smoke, with a much more robust, varied flavor. With that said, this is a very mild blend, as Boswell states was their intention, so do not expect a flavor bomb here, and especially not any rich tobacco flavor. It is a very pleasant mild aromatic smoke, so in that regard it hits the target directly where it was aiming.

The aroma from the bag is strong, and indeed smells cookie-ish. As the tobacco synopsis indicates, there are a hodgepodge of flavors creating those cookie overtones. Vanilla and caramel seemed the most prevalent during the smoke. Like most Boswell blends, it is a cool smoke unless puffed without rest. One nice quality of this tobacco is that the room note is both very pleasant and non-tobacco like while smoking, and does not linger in an objectionable way (at least not while running a small air filter). This is very handy when you want to have a smoke, but do not want to leave traces of your activity.

While Boswell claims to not use humectants, I sat two or three bowls worth out overnight, and it was still not crunchy dry the next day. While it certainly is not goopy like some cheap aromatics, my guess (and it is only a guess) is that some type of humectant is used, perhaps by the supplier of the bulk mixing tobacco, before the folks at Boswell ever lay their hands on it. Regardless, if allowed to dry out a little it does not have any strange artificial smell or aroma while being smoked.

Overall this is a very nice, mild aromatic. It is a secret weapon for getting away with smoking around non-smokers, or in places where you do not want an odor to linger.

THESSALONIAN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
THESSALONIAN (22)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This is allright but I'm calling the nicotine medium. A little strong for me. Berry Cobbler has much better flavor, is smoother, and has much less nictoine kick.

Raspberry Cream was a big disappointment. Harsh and not smooth. Berry Cobler was good, Majestic 586 was ok, and sweet dreams very similar to these. I may be sampling other Boswells to see what else I like.

UPDATE: Running low on tobacco I tried this again. Wow! This is an excellent aromatic. Great tobacco flavor and aro flavor. Nicotine is medium which is the only drawback for me. Burns well and lasts longer than some other aro's that I use.

Pipetech26 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipetech26 (5)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is my favorite smoke with a morning coffee. Second favorite aromatic.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Mild Very Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

I will start with a query, which I will repeat for all Boswell tobaccos: Even though I have left them open for 2 months, they haven't dried out at all. This is something that scares me.

I got this tobacco in August and I left it open until Christmas 2010. It didn't dry out at all. It has too much moisture. Pure Cavendish, that does not cause any tongue bite. Nice whisky and vanilla aroma. I rubbed it with my hand, just to check how moist it is, and the scent remained on my fingers for almost 2 hours. I want to thank, a lot, my friend “Nektarios” for gifting me these 5 Boswell tobaccos in order to try them out.

BossSauce Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BossSauce (9)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Too sweet for me personally but it tasted good. It's like a desert tobacco or something. Not really a christmas smell per-se. Not really a cookie smell either. But good. And sweet. Very very sweet.

morphijuana Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
morphijuana (17)

After spending more time with this blend, Ive truely come to appreciate it. Wonderful aromatic from Boswell. Excellent flavor, room note, and it burns perfectly. I hightly recommend trying this one out.

arbor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
arbor (9)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I love this blend. The taste and smell remind me of butterscotch. I could probably smoke this all day long!

I, unfortunately do not understand all the hype. It is basically a NORSE GOLD blend. Nothing to write home about at all. Not bad, just nothing I would ever smoke again.

castello man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
castello man (13)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

As long as you're not a tobacco/nicotine junkie, you'll love this one! Nice mild tobacco, great light sweet aroma and flavor. To me the there's a hint of cherry rather than either vanilla or whiskey. Highly enjoyable.

Hiram Briar 23 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hiram Briar 23 (12)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

i never smoke aromatics but i really like this one a lot.

a favorite mixture of mine is equal parts Boswells Northwoods, Hearth and Homes Anniversary Kake and Boswells Christmas Cookie. its pretty damned yummy.

i would have named this blend "Cookie Dough" instead of "Christmas Cookie"

hockey01 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hockey01 (28)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I'll admit to being a sucker for a good aromatic blend now and then, and when I opened the container of this blend,...YO! BABY!...how about a little caramel flavoring, huh? Forget the pipe, this blend made you want to just grab a fistful of the tobacco and eat it right out of the bag like caramel corn.

If you're a beginner pipe smoker, you may want to break your cherry on this blend. It's mild, smokes right down to a fine grey ash, and leaves a wonderful aroma in your wake. And, with most all of Boswell's blends, there's just no bite at all.

I wouldn't want a steady diet of aromatics like this, but once in a while they are a treat. Enjoy this one.

Corncob160 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Corncob160 (3)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

After an entire ounce of this blend I've come to the conclusion that this is my favorite blend to date. It has a light vanilla taste that's faint, noticeable but not overwhelming. The room note is amazing as well. As you all know you can't really smell your own tobacco right away but my friend was smoking CC in the truck with me and I couldn't get over how great it smelled. My girlfriend even likes it which says a lot. Overall this is a great all day smoke that won't bite, won't overwhelm, and will draw the ladies from miles around with its amazing aroma.

gildervoigts Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gildervoigts (16)
Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

I enjoy the occasional aromatic full of fruity sweetness that tastes like it smells but I was a little disappointed with this one. Boswell pipes are among the best, and I really want to like their blend, especially with all of the positive reviews, but this tobacco for me was very flat and not full of the flavor I would expect from the reviews and the smell in the bag. I was expecting more vanilla, more sweetness, and something that would knock my socks off, but I didn't experience any of those things. The good things about it: smells great in the bag, burns well and cool, leaves no goop in the bottom of the pipe, and smells good for others around you. The bad: not a lot of flavor leaving me wanting more and disappointed. While I like my Boswell pipe, I don't think that I will buy this tobacco again.

Crow Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Crow (7)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

One of my favorite aromatics. Many pipe smokers who dislike aromatics don't care for them because, while they have a nice room note, they often are lacking in flavor (i.e. the smell good in the pouch and in the air but taste like hot air). Such is certainly not the case with this blend. Boswell produces some of the best tasting aromatics on the market, and this one is no exception.

It starts with a vanilla flavor that doesn't hide the nutty tobacco undertones. By mid-bowl, much of the vanilla casing has burned away, but the blend still has wonderful flavor, with toasted tobacco flavors playing a stronger role in the second half. The blend burns to a nice, gray ash and requires few relights.

And yes, as others have noted, the room note is phenomenal.

This blend would be part of my regular rotation if I didn't save it as a special holiday treat during cold winter months.

Ozzie_dad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ozzie_dad (7)

I had ordered three tobaccos from Boswells and when the package arrived, all I could smell was the christmas cookie. The smell is very strong, vanilla and some spices that you would expect in a good cookie. The taste was nice. A very smooth smoke, cool and never bit. The taste was subtle. I tasted mostly vanilla on the exhale, with bits of spice and doughy bread notes. Number three from boswells (as far as aromatics) in my opinion behind berry cobbler and raspberry cream, but still a good blend. Keep in mind I have only tried these three so far.

Rewster66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rewster66 (15)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Of every tobacco that I have tried this is my absolute favorite. I find myself several times a day just opening the canister that I have it in just to get a whiff of this absolutely delicious smelling and tasting otherworldly tobacco. I know that aromatics are not every pipe smokers cup of tea but I can't hardly see anybody not liking this blend. J.M. Boswell undoubtly had a wonderful grandmother that made Christmas Cookies and sealed each one with a special kiss, it is the only way to explain how he has the knowledge and ablility to capture the essence of something so delightful and share it with us through a bunch of chopped up tobacco leaves. The complexity of the the flavors is simply awesome.

EXTREME CAUTION!!! Do not get any of this stuff on your forehead because your tongue will slap your brains out trying to lick it off.

By the way; If I did not make myself clear - I really like this stuff!!!

Bigmikewithapipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bigmikewithapipe (9)

Boswell makes good quality blends, and here is another one for the books! Hints of sweet dough and light vanilla are evident in this smoke! Mild to medium flavor, with a very nice aromatic essence, the Christmas Cookie is excellent! My wife actually thought I was baking cookies! Very aromatic, without the bite, that is Boswell to me. Great quality blends all the time! Boswell is one of the best!

tramroad28 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tramroad28 (26)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Routinely mentioned as a fine and non-gloopy aromatic....which it is.

Special tho, it isn't.

It fits in with a whole host of aromatics that put lie to the traditional consideration of aromatics as fit only for rank amateurs who have not developed the taste and palate to appreciate otherwise. Actually, there are so many tobaccos equal to this one, that choice is difficult. Boswell has many such from which to choose.

Today is the Day of fine aromatics that match well alongside the other tobacco blends....and exemplifies the fact that all tobaccos are...aromatics.

htduck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
htduck (23)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

After speaking with the Boswell's I had them send me a sampler of some blends I had not tried. I first smoked this in a Peterson I use for semi-aromatics and it was a bit so so. My wife had just bought me a Savinelli Prince so I fired up another bowl. Now that worked. A second bowl in the Prince the next day was even better. A good pleasant smoke brought to me by folks that give great service. Quality and great service at a fair price. Thanks.

john1179 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
john1179 (10)

I know i will get bashed for this one but this is the best boswells that i have had. Most of the ones I have tried are alittle lifeless. this one however tastes great,has little bite, and smells wonderful. however i do recommend packing very lightly to bring out more flavor

Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

Didn't live up to the hype for me. Tastes kind of plain actually. I will smoke what i have then move on.

ThePipePirate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ThePipePirate (9)
Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Pleasant

I ordered thinking it was a good blend because it was recommended by many. However sad to say, i didn't really care for it. I didn't taste any of the "Sweet" cookie flavor i've been hearing about.

fervor06 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fervor06 (11)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This tobacco reminds me of a time, many years ago. When I had been living in London, I was, at the time a banker and dabbled a bit into money lending. All the greed and money hording eventually caught up with me and I became a very stingy and bitter fool. I had one man under my employ by the name of Cratchit, Bob Cratchit to be exact. I had taken it up as a hobby to try to make this man's life a living hell, after all, he was poor, and the world needed to be rid of peasants such as him. On one Eve of Christmas, after my stupid arrogant nephew came and tried to convince me to enjoy the holiday; Cratchit had the nerve to wish me a "happy Christmas", I should have knocked his blinking block off for uttering such rubbish to me. I, having rejected the idea of Christmas, told Cratchit that if he wanted to keep his job, he would continue to count money, crunch numbers and keep the books as i had asked. It was bad enough that the man picked my pocket every Christmas when he DIDNT WORK... WITH PAY! I had no pity for him and his pathetic crippled son, Timothy. I needed my money.

I was so consumed with my lust for money that my mind had created a phrase that, in my mind best embodied my frustrations, "Ba Humbug". As I would walk the streets, people would see me and in order to show my great displeasure upon them, I would look at them and say "Ba humbug!" This attitude led to a sort of notoriety among the town folk, but I didnt care. Half of them owed me money anyways, I held all the cards in the end.

That night after I had my nightly crumpet with butter and a nasty glass of warm sheep's milk, I started off to bed. Almost immediately after drifting off to bed,I was awoken by a great brute by the name of "Jacob Marley", my old fool of a business partner. This startled me, but never the less, I listened to the apparition in front of me. Marley proceded to warn me about some things which I payed not much attention to. The great oaf was covered in chains. Warned me about 3 ghosts, and being greedy. But being greedy I wanted to take his chains to melt them down and counterfeit them as jewelry. As I went back to sleep, I was abruptly awoken by a jolly fat man who claimed to be the "Ghost of Christmas Present". He took through a door that led to mountains of food, and on top of the mountain of food was Boswell's Christmas Cookie Pipe tobacco. I smoked it there out of a pipe provided by the great fool known as christmas present. I smoked and it was Good, filling the room with sweet memories of the olden days, when I used to get wanked. It was good. I was then shown the path by two other Ghosts of what would happen if I didnt load myself up with this Holiday Spirit tobacco.... I would be dead, and nobody would have a second thought.

I changed my ways, and gave out roast ducks to the scum living on the streets. Christmas Cookie changed my life. Very pleasant aftertaste. Now towns people refer to me as Big Papa. And now I just give people money instead of running a legitimate business and I was able to pay for Tiny Tim to have his spine fixed. In Conclusion, if this is your first time smoking, please let the Ghosts show you a good time.

Tee-dub Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tee-dub (48)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

It's like a Christmas cookie. In your pipe. You really won't notice any tobacco, even if you look for it. If what you want in a pipe tobacco is a sweet dessert, this is for you.

As aromatics go, this seems of good quality, but I'm probably the wrong person to review this. Even the people around me thought it smelled too sweet.

fruktflugan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fruktflugan (19)

With a superb aroma from the bag the first couple of puffs left me unimpressed and I thought "well, let's suffer through this"... Then the taste really hit me and I slowed down my smoking pace to really come to terms with the flavors and this tobacco turned me into a true believer.

Take your time with this and slow down the tempo. It's not your quick in-and-out smoke. To really appreciate this you need to slow down.

I ordered three tobaccos from the Boswell's. This and Raspberry Cream are my favorites so far, with No Bite Delite coming in at third place. They are all good smokes, but this one is above the rest. Try it and you'll not be disappointed!

*Edit: Leaves a lingering "sour" odor in a room when smoked and the room left empty for a while, not to the missus liking.

*Re-evaluating my reviews now that I've had a little more smoking under my belt... ...This goes down 2 stars... Sorry!

Puffingstuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puffingstuff (81)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

If you like aromatic tobacco, here ya go. It's chocked full of Licorice extract that when burned with tobacco gives off a sweet satifyiing taste and aroma, and caremel-esqe taste. As far as tatse goes, it's flater than a pancake. If you want to smoke in Public, outdoors, without some Green World, skinny bitch who eats lentils and bean sprouts instead of U.S. Beef,telling you that you're poluting the world and her baby's lungs then this will probaly get her off your ass once she smells the aroma. It does smell great. I'll stick with the Boswell's Premium Burley.

YoungSmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
YoungSmoke (24)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This blend has the most reviews and 4 stars all the way across and I just can't see why. The biggest thing I'm noticing with Boswell's blends in particular are some of the names aren't fitting to the blend. Call me crazy, but this is nothing like a Christmas cookie, except for the room note and pouch aroma. The taste is very flat, dull, very little sweetness and I can't detect any vanilla. It's a dry smoke, and I find it a little zesty with a bit more kick than other aromatics. I've ordered this 3 times now and smoked the entire oz each time trying to see what all the hype was about.

The pros: Smokes great, like many of Boswell's blends. No bite, burns cool, nice creamy smoke. Very intense sweet pouch aroma and exceptionally pleasant room note.

The cons: The flavor is too mild for the name and description. To me it seemed flat, dull and not a whole lot going on. If it was named something different it might not be bad at all, but I feel it falls way short of holding up to the name or it's description. Everyone's tastes are different, you will have to try it for yourself but I won't be getting it again.

kayaksandpipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kayaksandpipes (1)

This is my first review, so I'd ask that the more experienced crowd be gracious, and forgive me any reviewer sins... As a relatively new pipe smoker, this tobac accompanied my purchase of a boswell original, and from the opening of the freight box, I was immediately pleased with the aromatic offerings that begged to be packed and lit immediately. My first experience of x-mas cookie was very pleasant in the room note department, though I felt it lacked a bit on the tongue. Perhaps I'm not a great reviewer of aromatics, but it just didn't have much flavor.... The tobacco was very high quality and offered a cool smoke to the end of the bowl, but got a bit "burnt" toward the end of the bowl.

Additional smokes have proven much the same, though with some aging the flavors have "melded" some and proved more interesting.

When compared with a few other aromatic offerings, it stacks in the average department for tongue interest, and since trying some english blends, I've decided I might be more inclined toward that variety of pipe tobacco. I give this one solid marks for room note and quality of tobacco, and account for my lacking flavor interest to a more significant interest in english blends.

Vrbas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Vrbas (7)

So I decided to order a few samples from Boswell as i've heard they carry some of the best aros around. So i put out an order for 1oz of this, as well as Dutch Treat and No Bite DeLite.

The moisture level was perfect for me, as i tend to smoke my baccy a little on the moist side. Easy to light, and easy to keep lit.

The room note is fantastic! I really can't get enough of it and i'm sure others around me can't either. This is one of those blends that i'll smoke in the car to freshen it up!

The taste: I dunno, it really just didn't cut it for me. I was all about tasting cookies when I lit up this sucker, and i can't say I didn't. But at the same time, i was expecting a bit more of a full cookie flavor. Don't get me wrong and don't let the 2 stars fool you, this is a solid blend. It just didn't sweep me off my feet like I was expecting it to. I would still recommend it though!