Blended Virginias to which have been added traditional festive flavours - Cinnamon, Rum, Sherry & Cherry. Medium Strength - Aromatic

BrandSamuel Gawith
2.3
pacman357 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pacman357 (15)
Mild to Medium Very Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I could see a lot of disagreement over a blend like this. After all, it's pretty much like smoking a fruitcake, and since I appear to be the only person on the planet who actually likes fruitcake, it makes sense that I like this crazy concoction. It ain't for everybody, that's for sure. However, I laid out some pretty notable coin to pick up 4 tins @ auction, and boy howdy, was I glad. For the times when you crave an aro, and one that is really over the top to light up all of your taste buds.

Nachman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nachman (13)
Mild Very Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I never throw tobacco away, but I did this one. When you open the tin it has a festive scent. It does smell like Christmas, but the flavour was cloying. It doesn't even taste like tobacco, but I don't think I should say what it does taste like in a public forum.

Mild Extra Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

This was my most singularly horrid smoking experience for 2008! This is a totally blond tobacco that burns hot and tastes like a scented candle. A real pity. I love all the other Gawith blends but this one is horrific. Take a pass.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Comment = Smooth, Mild, nice Pouch Note, Pleasant Sweet / Spicy Cinnamon Flavor

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Very Mild Very Strong Very Mild Pleasant

Since Christmas is approaching and I thought to write about an anniversary tobacco from Samuel Gawith's. Wet enough when opened although I kept it closed for 2 years, its humidity is not something one can feel while smoking, since in the end it leaves a white ash without warming up the bowl (sample of a quality tobacco). Intense aroma, cinnamon, clove and cherry, just as you open the tin. It is not cut easily and this makes the filling of the bowl more difficult. Lovely scent in the room which doesn't stay for long. Another failed (in my opinion) attempt by Samuel Gawith's to make a good aromatic blend.

I really do not understand why the leading manufacturer of English type blends or plain Virginia is trying to go aromatic…

Taylor3006 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taylor3006 (47)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Full Pleasant

I like this tobacco although I am not sure why. It is an odd smoke, I keep thinking I am tasting something but not quite. It really is an weird experience. Had the name been something other than "Christmas Mixture" I am not sure I would associate the taste with the holiday although the smell from the tin is quite festive. This isn't an everyday smoke for me, will take it out every once in a while to enjoy it. I believe it would be much better blended with another tobacco as "flavoring" since I feel something is missing in this blend as is. Definitely worth a try, I wouldn't buy more than a tin of this at a time though.

HappyJacky Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HappyJacky (1)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

I was blown away by the scent upon opening a tin (in 2009). It was, as the name implies, festive. I was concerned about residuals from smoking it, so grabbed a corn cob for an initial sampling. Very moist. Packed terribly. Thought long and hard about what to add to retain SOME of the aroma, but making it a more pleasurable experience. Finally settled on chopping up a Cain straight ligero cigar. I added a little dark burley to that mix, and found quite a pleasurable smoke. Lost the room note advantage, but retained just a hint of the mulled spice taste. The finish is what I expected.. the same as a fine cigar... a pure powerhouse.

FalconUruguay Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FalconUruguay (3)

On 1/31/09, I Purchased A Tin Of This Tobacco At My Local Tobacconist (Edward's In Tampa, FL) On A Lark....Here's My Review:

Upon Opening The Tin, I Was Overwhelmed (Like A Punch In The Face) By The Aroma Of Mulled Wine...The Strong Clove And Orange Peel Scents Permeating My Nostrils Were Telling Me I Made A Grave Mistake.

Being As I Prefer Blends That Gravitate More Towards The "English" Side...I Reluctantly Packed A Bowl Of This Into My Pipe.

After Using Several Matches To Light The Dang Tobacco...I Finally Was Able To Fully Experience It.

A Very Mild Tobacco, With A Spicy Taste Only When Drawing In The Smoke From The Pipe.

Room Note Was Pleasant, But Dissipated Quickly.

The Overwhelming Aroma Of The Tobacco Diminished As The Tin Sat Open For A Few Minutes...To A More Tolerable Level.

I Wouldn't Consider This An Everyday Smoke, But I Will Enjoy It From Time To Time.

I Will Let This Sit And Dry For A Week In The Tin, And Will Try It Again This Saturday, So I May Compare It With The Original Smoke, And Provide A Better Review Once I Do.

Tabakabouter Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tabakabouter (9)

After opening the tin, and smoking the wet tobacco, I decided to spread it out for a few hours on a blank sheet of paper to let it dry. After that it smoked well and the aroma seemed very familiar, but I couldn't think wat it was. One day my wife was having a cup of Earl Grey thea and passing by I new : Bergamot. So, if you like the aroma of Earl Grey (Bergamot): Buy this tobacco, let it have some air, and degustate in a royal pipe with a good cup of E.G- tea. This is not an all day smoke, but from time to time a nice experience.

rhapsodyofmetal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rhapsodyofmetal (42)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I like this blend. I do not know why considering the tobacco is not superior quality. It does invoke a Christmas smell and feeling. It is EXTREMELY gooey wet. It requires an hour or two of drying but after that it does taste like a cinnamon bowl of quality tobacco.

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Based on the diverse palate of these fine gentlemen here, I am sure just like every other aromatic tobacco, you will get quite a mixed review.

Upon opening this tin, you are greeted with a "shag cut". Some shorter ribbons, but long nonetheless. Tin aroma is almost over bearing, but sure does remind one of an almost mulling spice type aroma. Cloves, orange peel and mulling spices are the name of the game here. Although very moist in the tin, it lights easy, with minimal relights. To me, this flavor dances with complexity on the palate. No tongue bite here, and even better there is no goop to ruin the last of the bowl. Not an every day tobacco, but it is definitely something I will be smoking next year when I cut down the Potter family Chirstmas tree. Also a dedicated pipe will be needed, as I can still smell this in an Ascorti 3/4 bend after smoking only one bowl, and its been almost two weeks. I don't see this tobacco having any benefit of aging, except for the moisture content. This tin will be buried deep into the cabinet soon, to be brought out with an inch of dust come next Thanksgiving!