Blended Virginias to which have been added traditional festive flavours - cinnamon, rum, sherry & cherry.

BrandSamuel Gawith
Blended BySamuel Gawith
Manufactured BySamuel Gawith
FlavoringCherry, Cinnamon, Rum, Sherry
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong, Very Strong
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium, Full
pacman357 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pacman357 (15)
Mild to Medium Very Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I could see a lot of disagreement over a blend like this. After all, it's pretty much like smoking a fruitcake, and since I appear to be the only person on the planet who actually likes fruitcake, it makes sense that I like this crazy concoction. It ain't for everybody, that's for sure. However, I laid out some pretty notable coin to pick up 4 tins @ auction, and boy howdy, was I glad. For the times when you crave an aro, and one that is really over the top to light up all of your taste buds.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Comment = Smooth, Mild, nice Pouch Note, Pleasant Sweet / Spicy Cinnamon Flavor

Taylor3006 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taylor3006 (47)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Full Pleasant

I like this tobacco although I am not sure why. It is an odd smoke, I keep thinking I am tasting something but not quite. It really is an weird experience. Had the name been something other than "Christmas Mixture" I am not sure I would associate the taste with the holiday although the smell from the tin is quite festive. This isn't an everyday smoke for me, will take it out every once in a while to enjoy it. I believe it would be much better blended with another tobacco as "flavoring" since I feel something is missing in this blend as is. Definitely worth a try, I wouldn't buy more than a tin of this at a time though.

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (171)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Based on the diverse palate of these fine gentlemen here, I am sure just like every other aromatic tobacco, you will get quite a mixed review.

Upon opening this tin, you are greeted with a "shag cut". Some shorter ribbons, but long nonetheless. Tin aroma is almost over bearing, but sure does remind one of an almost mulling spice type aroma. Cloves, orange peel and mulling spices are the name of the game here. Although very moist in the tin, it lights easy, with minimal relights. To me, this flavor dances with complexity on the palate. No tongue bite here, and even better there is no goop to ruin the last of the bowl. Not an every day tobacco, but it is definitely something I will be smoking next year when I cut down the Potter family Christmas tree. Also a dedicated pipe will be needed, as I can still smell this in an Ascorti 3/4 bend after smoking only one bowl, and its been almost two weeks. I don't see this tobacco having any benefit of aging, except for the moisture content. This tin will be buried deep into the cabinet soon, to be brought out with an inch of dust come next Thanksgiving!