An all black blend that tastes like Irish Mist right to the botom of the bowl.

ContentsBlack Cavendish

2.9
Captain bob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Captain bob (38)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The Irish Blessing is a delicious light aromatic flavored with Irish Mist all the way down to the last puff. Great tobacco and my wife loves it. Mild and smooth. Black Burley makes this a delicate and very comfortable smoke. Easily an all day blend.

chetking Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chetking (54)

In an effort to recreate the sweet taste of "Irish Mist", a popular OTC pharmacy and supermarket blend of years gone by my tobbaconist recommended C & D Irish Blessing # 309. So I treated myself to an increasingly harder to find 8 oz. can. The broken flake cut is a far cry from the sweet ribbon cut of old Irish Mist but its a nostalgic and adequate substitute.

Like other customers I found this C & D tobac to be rather dry on the opening. I squeezed a couple of aluminium covered clay disc moisturizers into the can and let them work for a week or so. They did the job. I would have preferred this aromatic to be a tad sweeter on the casing, but I find Irish Blessing works well when mixed with my other "Irish Mist" near replicates like Country Gold found at Habana Premium on the Internet and Abenaki's Irish Cream.

Its a good kicker upper mix and does the job I want in a continuing search for a sweet perfect Irish Mist tasting aromatic. Happy hunting.

tramroad28 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tramroad28 (26)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Very dry out of the tin but using the dribble and plug method it loads and burns fine. No bite anytime but puff fast and it will soon be gone. Cool smoke,zero gurgle with a nice taste. Were it an easier to load ribbon cut I would give it a 4. An above average aromatic without any of the boring pretense of some tobaccos. Edit: further puffing found the dustiness a bit much. Dropped to a 2. Still ok but they need to work on the moisture content.

huffnpuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
huffnpuff (44)

Irish blessing is not bad but with a morning coffee tis gooooood. Sorry got carried away. The wife tolerated it so I give this blend another purchase in the future,perhaps winter since I drink more coffee then.

huffnpuff

Latakia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Latakia (67)

An all black blend. Has a great aroma in the tin and when smoked. As I have mentioned, not really into aromatics but this is one that I would keep around for a change of pace. Received as part of the C&D sampler. Burns well and is ready to go out of the can as it a bit dryer than most aromatics that I have tried. No tongue bite detected though

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (110)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I will star with dryer is defiently better for aroamtic blends. I have been looking for a rich and smoke blend. A full good aromatic that dosen't leave me flat. And I found it with Irish Blessing. No more saying Hail Mary's oh where is a good aromatic? Now when I think of Irish blends I always think very sweet and wet and sticky. THe flavor is of Irish Cream and Coffee. Actuall a good blend to have with a piping hot cup of Joe. Irish Blessing isn't it is very dry and easy to li, puff slow burn very quick and easy to clean out of your pipe with a tap or two thats all it will take. The taste is sweet yet musky and very woodsey at times. Sort of reminds me of a campfire scent. taste. The aroma is wonderful pleasant to both the smoker and the passer by. The flavor starts out sweet and stays sweet and dry but every now & then gets a little spicy and new tasting about 3/4's of the way through the bowl which makes IB a very interesting smoke. IB will always smokes dry and not wet. Get this, just when you think you had enough of IB. You will then look to relight your bowl again at this time you relize you have smoked the whole bowl. And need to pack up another. I think that says it all? Good Stuff. The tobacco is all first class as always with C&D. Smells good in the tin and better lit.

Lytton Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lytton (7)
Mild to Medium Very Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Very strong alcohol liquer smell upon openning the tin. It smokes as good as other C&D aromatics- cool and not biting, very good burn and not sticky. Quite good overall, it lacks a complexity to give it 4 stars, but most aromatics are.

dtcb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dtcb (13)
Medium Very Strong Medium Pleasant

It does not burn as hot as other aromatics but it sure does overtake them all in aroma/casing. The aroma can dominate the cabinet even above the latkia's. I had to seperate this one in it's own vacuum sealed case.

But, if you love the Irish Mist smell; you'll have a winner.

The room note is good but, I have to honestly say no one approached me and said that's nice. No one asked me to leave either so it's ok. To be honest, I've had better responses before from other aromatics like Hearth & Home "Egg Nog", MacBaren "Scottish Mixture" and even a natural aromatic like GLPease "Barbary Coast".

One real issue I have with Irish Mist is one people will 90% not mention.......I don't like it when inhaled.

Yes, I do not normally inhale aromatics. But, I do inhale for my English or American blends and on occassion the habit of a small inhale here or there with an aromatic occurs. Irish Mist is not good (for me) in this case as you will feel it the next day. A little like feeling waterlogged.

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This blend is exactly what it says it is. If you read the description, and it sounds good to you, you'll love it. A good dessert smoke.

caddad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
caddad (53)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I have been smoking this blend off and on along with another Cornell and Diehl aromatic (Berry Good) for a couple of months now and find it very unique and verry pleasing both to myself and my family. this tobacco smokes like a good old summertime burly blend however it also has a good aromatic quality and room aroma. I think this summer I will contact Craig and Patty and try some more of their aromatics and for the first time in my smoking history I will not here my wife complain that she can't wait for winter so she can smell my vannilla cavendish. Blends like this should provide year round happines for all concerned. I do find I have to mist this tobacco quite frequantly however this is not a problem as I am learning to like my tobacco a little drier these days.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)

Irish Blessing is just as described. It burns well, and has a sweet smelling aroma. It also happens to be extremely similar to ?Z-50 Black Cordial? from Altadis, which I like. The only difference seems to be the Virginia component in Z-50. It?s like comparing wines ? Z-50 is a sweet red wine, and Irish Blessing is its slightly drier counterpart.

The flavoring is present throughout the smoke, though it seems to have been intended more as a condiment than an entrée. Also, in comparison to Z-50, it is dryer in the pipe and doesn?t turn into a sticky wad as soon as you tamp it down.

Irish Blessing is a one-dimensional experience. Sometimes this can be a good thing. In this case, it is. A well-behaved aromatic that doesn?t drive everyone from the room.

2ley Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
2ley (11)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

I received a pouch of this from a friend, and was pleased with how it smelled in the pouch. The scent of Irish Mist was very evident.

Lighting was no problem, it packed in well, charred well, and didn't glop together.

Taste was much milder than the local tobacconist's Cherry blend, much milder than I had expected.

The pipe smoked well, but there was a noticeable gurgling, even after slowing way down on my puffing. At the last half of the bowl I started tasting an ash-like flavor. This continued through the rest of the smoke. At the end I noticed a small dottle, not unusual in this pipe with aromatics.

Over all I liked the blend, but it's not likely to be one that I'll store all the time.

omegapd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
omegapd (81)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I received this sample with a recent order. It's pretty much C&D's Celtic Mist flavoring on an all Black Cavendish base. The pouch aroma is one of the best in the world and it loads and lights fairly easily. It's much wetter than any other C&D blend I've tried and a pipe cleaner is needed nearby. Flavorwise it loses quite a bit from the pouch aroma but the room aroma is pretty nice and hangs around a long time. The smoke is thick and the blend burns down to a dark gray ash. I did experience some bite but that was probably due to over-puffing trying to get a flavor to match the pouch aroma. For what it is, it's a very good blend. If something like this was around when I was smoking only heavy Aromatics, I might not have left them. A very good choice for the Black Cav fan.

BrittPark Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BrittPark (41)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This is a very satisfying unapologetic aromatic. It is a moist Cavendish with a strong aroma. No delicately flavored Virginias here. It burns cool and is unlikely to bite. It is pleasingly sweet, with an Irish Mist flavor that is consistent throughout the bowl but never overpowering. If you are a Lane's BCA fan (there are thousands) or of any Cavendish based, strongly aromatic blend, you'll like this. If you're an English or Virginia smoker who likes only the most delicate and refined aromatics this won't be for you.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

This my friends, is a black cavendish aromatic pure and simple. And whew, is it aromatic! Both in flavor and room note.

Irish Blessing was the sixth blend included in my recently acquired Cornell & Diehl sampler pack. Being of Irish decent myself, I was hoping to bond with this tobacco. No such luck. It may be a step up in quality from the "Captain Black" types, but its a small step.

On the plus side, Irish Blessing does burn a bit cooler than most goopy aromatics.

I personally prefer my tobacco to taste like, well, tobacco. Frankly, I think this stuff will taste better if you use a spoon rather than a pipe. It was not a blessing to this Irishman.