This carefully blended tobacco is made from the finest Virginia, rich Kentucky Burley and a touch of Perique from St. James Parish, Louisiana. The aromatic Vanilla flavor makes this smoke unmistakable and is known to have spoiled even the most particular of connoisseurs.

BrandJames Fox
Taste
2.3
ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (89)

This blend is tricky to describe cause it is truely a blend that makes one flavor . It is not a complex blend in flavor . The Vanilla is super light and the Perique as well . Lighting and keeping lit is fantastic ! It burns perfect also . The Flavor is medium all the way down . The taste of the flavor is a delight but it dosent change or build to much . It's pretty much a constant flavored blend . A Burley / Va blend w/ a little something else goin on . I'd like for this blend to be in bulk cause it would make avery fine go to blend . If you are wanting complex , this is probably not it . But if youre looking for a go to and you can afford to buy tins for your go to ... no doubt , try a tin . No bite and a fine room note makes everyone happy . If it were sold in bulk , I'd make it my go to .

Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I found this to be a hard one to rate. The vanilla is the main flavor, but there's some cocoa, and a slight spice note. The burley and Virginia flavors are very sublimated by the topping, which is a little chemical tasting. A decent smoke, but it leaves an after taste that lasts too long to suit me, so I couldn't classify it as an all day smoke. I didn't mind smoking it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to smoke more of it. For true aro smokers, it may rate as high as three stars, but one is all I can manage, mainly because of the strength and character of the topping.

Briar Mike Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Briar Mike (17)
Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I would almost give this one 3 stars because of the amazing tin smell and room note. Other people simply love to have me smoke this blend around them. For whatever reason though, I just find this one to be not my favorite blends. It was nice to try it, and it has an amazing aroma with great presence, it smokes well enough, but for some reason the taste did not do it for me. It has a very distinct chocoloate smell about it in case and being smoked.

Will miss the room aroma though.

Blackhorse Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blackhorse (71)
Medium Medium to Strong Full Tolerable

Hmmmmm. What to do? I entered this blend nearly 6 months ago or more when I first ordered and received the tin. Having a very high regard for the superb "The Banker's" I threw caution to the wind and added this new item to an order. I've tried it intermittantly since then, trying to put my finger on just what they have added to give this the potent and unique aroma it emits. I know there's a niche for this high quality item, and it may be on my roster now and then, but it is not my usual cuppa tea. It is most certainly cased, I would call it a semi-aromatic. Not that that kills it...there are some very elegant and fine tobaccos out there that share the catagory, notably from Affordable Pipes, and this shares some of the pouch aroma characteristics of some of their blends. It is kind of a course ribbon cut melange of black, dark brown and yellowish leaf. The predominant aroma is closely akin to that of Luxury Twist Flake's "cocoa vanilla creme" (this is a good thing) but is more potent even after some months following initially opening the tin - and - it shares a kind of deep low cocoa note that a few of the aforementioned Affordable Pipes blends share (Morning Watch, Old Fashioned). I know there is the perfect pipe out there for this, I've tried three of mine and refuse to sully more than that. I have a suspicion that inb larger powls it would do well, but my large bowls are spoken for. Stars? Well, for me this is a 2-star...but for those of you that prefer a good quality aromatic this might be just the ticket, so to be fair I'm upping it to 3.