An all black tobacco with essence of Blueberry, smells like blueberries in the tin and leaves a blueberry scent in the air afterwards.

BrandPlanta
2.6
musicman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
musicman (81)
Mild Extra Strong Overwhelming Pleasant to Tolerable

HOLY BLUEBERRY BATMAN. This is like a super aromatic. This sucker is like aromatic squared. You cant get more aromatic than this. This tobacco is blueberry flavored, and that is an understatement. The tin description says it smells like blueberries and leaves a smell of blueberries lingering in the air. Here is how my tin description of this pipe tobacco would go:

"Do you want a blueberry dropkick to the face? Do you want your house to smell like a wildfire ripped through a blueberry patch for months on end? Do you want not only your pipe, but your house and even tamper to have a ghost that not even a full seminary of priests can exorcise? Then you need to try this tobacco!"

Seriously, not only could I smell this blend through the tin and through the box it was delivered in, I could smell the UPS truck turn down the street. The entire time I smoked this stuff I expected to blow up like Veruca Salt and have oompa loompa's dancing around me. ITS JUST TOO MUCH!

First this tobacco is not just moist, it is practically floating in the tin. After two days of airing it out it was still sopping wet. Oh well, it is what it is. Load it up and fire it up. It is kinda berrylike in the pipe but it has this weird sour taste. It is one of those tastes that I cant really tell if I hate it but I sure don't like it. As you can guess this stuff doesn't burn well, and it absolutely scorches your tongue.

On a side note, as we all know burning anything produces carbon, but burning this blend produces jam! Yup you heard me. After a full bowl of this foul stuff you can scoop the heel of your pipe out and find a goo that can only be described as blueberry jam?

Seriously it is nasty. Not recommended at all.

Medium to Strong Very Strong Full Very Pleasant

First let me say I like Aromatics so I have no bias against them. This blend is very aromatic, in fact so much so that one cannot taste the tobacco flavor at all. It smells like Blueberrys, it taste like them, the room note is of them, and after you smoke it your pipe is like them. Aromatic overload! Top that off with the fact that this one tends to smoke hot on the tongue, and is hard to keep lit, I can only say that I won't be buying anymore of it. It is a dark black brown cavendish style tobacco, rough cut flakes and is very moist and takes a long time to dry out to where you can keep it lit. I bought it as bulk and not the tin and the pouch aroma does smell good. After letting it sit out for weeks, it became dry enough to smoke but still moist. My room where I dried it out smelled great, I think I will put some in my car to make it smell nice. Once I loaded up the pipe, it took several lights to get it going, and I have to relite several times to get to the bottom of the pipe. I tried different types of tobacco loading in several different pipes and this was consistant in all of them. Now the room note was very pleasant, though somewhat overwelming. My wife said she could smell me smoking it while I was out on the porch and her upstairs in the house in a far room. Wondered what I was cooking. Taste wise, it is very rich and fruity, you do get the blueberry flavor. But it too is overwhelming, it's all I could taste and smell. It burns down to a black and grey ash and leaves some dottle in the bottom of the pipe and leaves the pipe damp in the heel. This is an interesting smoke that I can only recommend to heavy aromatic smokers.

paulw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
paulw (32)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

blueberries, this tastes, smells like blueberries, but it is very very expensive!

Gigilos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gigilos (24)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Along with Planta's Vanilla Flake this is one of the best aromatics on the market. Dense flower aromas unfold along the definite presence of the tangy and citric tobacco taste . Burns to white ash and leaves a pleasant room scent. no significant tongue-bite.

too bad the company decided to make the 2009 version into a copy of Orthodox church incense..

LongJnSilver Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LongJnSilver (2)
Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

I love this tabak - picked up a tin at The Briary in B'ham, AL while home in the States. YUMMY! (My Honey loves the room note.) I continue to marvel at the news that lovers of aromatics are somehow immature. Shucks, I've only been a pipe smoker since 1958 and a collector since 1960, am goingn on 67 years old, have over 300 pipes (specialize in antiques). I mean, SHOOT-A-MONKEY... WHEN WILL THE POOR BOY EVER "MATURE"? Really now.

But... I also love a new blend from David Barnes and friends at B&B Tobacconists in Asheville, NC - another FINE shop I visited while home. They've developed a knockoff of the extinct Dunhill 965 and named it "Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard" - a protest of sorts against Dunhill for canning their tobacco lines for silk scarves and wallets. At our Saturday 18 April meeting of the Pipe Club of London, I handed the packet of B.O.L.B. David had sent me to Bill Ashton-Taylor. All eyes were riveted on Bill as he poked his nose in the bag, gave it a big sniff, looked up, brightened, and declared, "THAT'S IT!" So, in addition to aromatics, I am quite able to appreciate a fine English blend as well, but I don't figure by the time I (if I) reach 85 I'll have "matured" out of aromatics. Call or write Dave for a sample of "B.O.L.B.". 828-253-8822 Hey... if it's good enough for Bill...

Johnny Long, Webmaster - Pipe Club of London http://www.pipecluboflondon.com

BBK357 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBK357 (7)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

If you love fruity tobacco, then this is for you. Very dark leaf cavendish with a heavy topping of blueberry. I personally think that the blueberry taste great, but then again it is not something I could smoke all day. Only on occasion will I be enjoying this, but when I do it is a wonderful, lite and fruity blend. It packs well, smokes clean, does not bite (it didnt for me anyway), and leaves a pleasant blueberry aroma around you.

PipeDrummer88 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeDrummer88 (12)
Mild Very Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I have some good and bad things to cover with this tobacco.

First the good. This tobacco has a very very pleasant room note (I wouldn't be surprised if a blind person thought it was a pleasant air freshener and not a tobacco. But then again, the blind supposedly have more extreme senses, so i could be dead wrong). I would very much enjoy chatting while a person was smoking this tobacco. Very social. If you like strong aromatics, you would possibly like this.

Now for the bad. While a beginning pipe smoker (meaning still in love with heavily flavored aromatics) may find this enjoyable, I have looked at it with a much more critical eye. Upon opening the tin I was a little overwhelmed with the blueberry scent. It is very very strong, and in my opinion too strong. The tobacco also came very moist, which is probably due to the heavy casing. It is a black cavendish tobacco, and these tend to be sweet as it is. The casing made it too much for me. The casing had a very typical "soapy" flavor too which i noticed as soon as I opened the tin. It left a very unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth, which is a big no no for me. I can stand smoky aftertaste, but not that flavored taste like after you drink a pepsi. The moisture and all of the added flavors made the tobacco bite quite a bit as well.

My recommendation: If you like strong aromatics, this may be for you. If you don't like aromatics much, i'd probably tell you to try something else. If you aren't in to strong aromatics, but you're looking for a good blueberry tobacco, I say check out Just for Him's "Blueberry Hill" As for this tobacco... 2 stars

(Note: I hope nobody takes offense to the Beginner=Aromatic reference in my review. I only meant that "in general" (or at least where I'm from) new pipe smokers start with the aromatics because they like the idea of all the possible added flavors. I was totally there at one point, and don't get me wrong- I love a good aromatic. This just doesn't happen to be my cup of tea.)

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild Extra Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

No self respecting pipe smoker would purchase this garbage. Heavily cased and basically tongue bite in a tin. Stay away...far far away.

Subotaj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Subotaj (8)

The Dude of aromatics! His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Blubbery.. yummy!

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Once you open the box you can observe its color: a dark brown to black color. It is roughly chopped and quite moist. So it requires the necessary drying. Its aroma is really peculiar. It really reminds you of opening a box of mature olives. When you start smoking it you do not feel this strange smell but you get a nice scent of prunes, caramel, chocolate and a fruity flavor in general. It is the best anniversary tobacco of Planta. I did not notice any warming of the bowl.

smokinj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokinj (19)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

my favorite of the smell goods, my wife calls it blueberry X-mass. Tastes like it smells!