Rich toasted Raspberry Cavendish with a sprinkle of Golden Cavendish is a mild and sweet blend.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco

3.6
Adirondack Wayfarer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Adirondack Wayfarer (5)
Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

This is a good blend; the smell from the bag, the room note, and the lemon-like zing in the flavor. But there are a few things which don't make it outstanding in my book.

I like my aromatics to have a very mild tobacco taste, and a medium to strong flavoring (without being overpowering). Raspberry Cream, when being compared to the Berry Cobbler, has a somewhat stronger tobacco taste and a duller flavoring. I prefer the bag smell and room note of the berry cobbler as well. Still a very good blend, not quite what I had expected.

I'll be purchasing Boswell's Chocolate Cream next, and I have high hopes that this Raspberry mixed with the Chocolate would be a killer blend.

pennjersey83 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pennjersey83 (11)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is a very sweet and creamy blend with hints of raspberry and vanilla. This blend smokes very cool and does not bite easily. I recommend Boswell's Raspberry Cream to any aromatic smoker. I am looking forward to ordering more

Stutter818 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stutter818 (45)

Loved this blend. Mild vanilla, and actual raspberry taste! Also taste a bit of cocoa. Kept lit very well, no bite. Smoked all the way down with no dottle. All day smoke easily, sure to satisfy a sweet tooth craving.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Pride

Age When Smoked: 1 month old

Purchased From: JM Boswell's

smokeymountainmike Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokeymountainmike (10)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is a dessert Tobacco all the way, and a good choice for relaxing after a big meal. You need to let this one dry for a bit before you can enjoy it to it's full capicity. The aroma in the pouch will have you wanting to put it over ice cream rather than smoke it, and this aroma is very much like the taste of this blend. I blend this with some of boswells "christmas cookie" and let it rest for a few months and all I can say is if you want a rich sweet tobacco that will satisfy any sweet tooth....Give this one a try!!

mackaydjames Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mackaydjames (10)
Very Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

I'm partaking in a bowl of it, in a Bjarne... as I type. I've let this blend age a bit; I'd have to say... a little more than 6 months. It most certainly has improved with age. It is very easy to pack. It lights very easily too; and stays lit... especially after having it sit out for it bit first. There's an immediate burst of recognizable raspberry flavor. As I puff and puff and puff and am made to feel blissful; so does the bedroom air as it gets decorated with such a sweet fragrance. Mid smoke is when it REALLY begins to deliver. I can't wait until the fall season; so I can take pleasure in it amidst the cooler ambient air.

Pipetech26 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipetech26 (5)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Full Extra Strong

After trying Berry Cobbler and Christmas Cookie with good but not great results I continued on to the NEXT highest rated Boswell aromatic. Raspberry Cream is by far the best for me.

The smell upon opening the pouch is a very delicious aroma of raspberry and slight hint of granola. Beautiful black cavendish dominates throughout with lighter ribbon style cavendish.

Lights fantastically well from the first light all the way down to the bottom of the bowl. Produces grainy white ash and dottle throughout the smoke. I tipped the bowl halfway through and relit. Has a great relight quality, like having a fresh bowl all over again. This is the easiest blend I've had with the baccy staying lit.

The taste is sensational! This is the first aromatic that actually tastes like the smell. A sublime rustic, smokey, velvety smooth raspberry taste that lingers on your tongue after each puff. About halfway through the bowl I noticed more of the vanilla cream and tobacco taste come through but the smooth cool raspberry taste dominates. It has virtually no bite whatsoever. I even tried to smoke this fast and hard to see if I could even produce a bite to no avail. I am simply amazed by this blend.

If you are a fan of aromatics and Boswell like I am you simply have to try this amazing blend. You will not be disapointed. Raspberry Cream is my favorite so far from Boswell with Christmas Cookie and Berry Cobbler following close behind.

PoppinSmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PoppinSmoke (3)

This was the first of Boswell's I have tried. I started with 2oz about 3 weeks ago and as of now only have a bowl or two left. The smell in the bag is great, kinda like raspberry jam on a sugar cookie. It smells like its good enough to eat. The taste is mild ripe raspberry with a faint vanilla finnish. Actually, you have to really concentrate, I thought, to detect the vanilla. Not a very strong tabacco flavor but a good relaxing smoke. If you like aromatics this is the one to get. I will definitely be ordering more to keep on hand.

gorealestate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gorealestate (28)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Simply put, this is one of my favorites. The raspberry taste is perfect. Not overwhelming, fake, or artificial. Burns great. No goop and stays lit. This stuff is awesome when smoked in a meerschaum which I highly recommend. Oh, and as a side note?..the room note is incredible and is my girlfriend?s favorite! She always comments ?honey, can you smoke the raspberry!?? Expect complements galore even from non-smokers on this one.

Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)

This blend has more of a sharp or tart type of raspberry taste to me. As with all Boswell blends it is pretty good. The flavor hangs around for a while after the pipe is finished and i like that. This is one I may keep a little on hand to enjoy every now and then. I will definitely be trying this one again in the summer time because I think it will be more enjoyable at that time. Regardless it's still a solid 3 star blend.

Purchased From: Boswell Pipes & Tobacco

mrvalentine Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mrvalentine (5)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Well I am new to the pipe so maybe I did not pack it right or something but I had a rough time keeping it. Also it had more bite than some other Boswells I have tried. Still though the room note is great and flavor is the same. Like I said I might have to give it another shot let it sit out a few days and try it again.

FTF13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FTF13 (9)
Medium Very Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

To overpowering for me,,, very sweet and full raspberry taste.

SBC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SBC (20)

Rough cut black cavendish with just a few coppery ribbons.

Smell in the pouch is pleasant in that artificial raspberry casing kind of way.

The taste is neither offensive nor remarkable. On the one hand, there is no nastiness (as in Berry Cobbler); but, on the other hand, there isn't much real tobacco taste, or anything else to commend it. I did not taste the raspberry at all.

It's fine--certainly not something I'd steer you away from--but nothing I'd direct you to either.

wekers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wekers (14)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I smoked for a long time ago and now I see that i had forgotten in my cellar. After 1 year. is still wonderful. I dont know have people say that is light, for me is a heavy aromatic flavor so strong. Taste is large and nice, notwithstanding than after 1 Year stoped in my cellar, not lost anything, its amazing. Cherry so deep. If you like aromatic or not, try it, this is a different style tobacco that you never see. Deserves 4 stars **

Sir Tampsalot Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sir Tampsalot (2)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I've yet to sample all of what the Boswell's have to offer and, judging from what I've sampled thus far, I'm very much looking forward to the rest of the journey. I ordered my sample of "Raspberry Cream" along with several others, all of which I absolutely loved, with the one exception being "Raspberry Cream". The aroma upon opening the zip lock bag was wonderful, as was the room note, but the flavor was weak with only a slight hint of any kind of berry taste. The tobacco was a tad damp so I dried it out a bit overnight, put it in a jar the next morning and on the shelf it sat, untouched, for 3 months. I guess all I really need to say here is that if you cellar this tobacco for just a few months you will be well rewarded. It still had a decent amount of moisture in it and the flavor upon light up was incredible! Yes... toasted raspberries! It burned great, with a couple of relights near the bottom. The relight flavor is creamy and wonderful. So get it, shelve it, then enjoy it. The Boswell's just do not disappoint!

Taerin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taerin (20)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

This is the strongest aromatic I have ever tried, it is really "in your face" style raspberry compared to other aromatics. I think this is because the raspberry naturally has strong flavor. Definatley try this is your a fan of the raspberry, you will not be disapointed. I like the Berry Cobbler more, which has a more complex flavor, one thing I like to do is mix the two blends together, which gives you a very complex, very strong berry flavor.

CowBoy From Hell Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CowBoy From Hell (12)
Medium Medium to Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

This one i grew to enjoy, rich razzberry taste with a lite cream omi,a once or three times a day smoke for me a palate pleasure like the nobitedelite, and chistmas cookie, but diffrent because its distinguist taste of razzberry inhale and smooth cream exhale.

eaglessj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
eaglessj (5)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

After smoking many drug store aromatics and being very dissatisfied I came across a forum post on Boswells tobaccos. So I thought I would give them a shot and boy am I glad I did. I ordered, berry cobbler, raspberry cream and peaches and cream.

Berry cobbler was very good but NOTHING compared to raspberry cream. Simply amazing blend. Tends to burn hot though if youre not careful. Christmas cookie is another perfect blend of sweet tobacco that makes for a fantastic smoke.

WWW.INFOWARS.COM- demand freedom!

hiller Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hiller (4)

Raspberry cream is my favorite blend , right now anyway. I enjoy the flavor, I just wish it could have a little more of it . Could use a little more sweetness on my tongue also. If you enjoy aromatic blends as i do , give this one a try. The people at Boswell are top notch also. Thanks for reading my review.

roscoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
roscoe (11)

A very attractive and light flavorful tobacco, with an amazing aroma even in the pouch - in addition to the raspberry, of chocolate, caramel, and coconut I believe as other Boswell blends. Delightful. Nearly impossible to dry though, plus not good for cellaring.

Very Mild Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

If you are a once a week pipe smoker, who is looking to smoke in public, than this is an acceptable choice. Mild, no bite and nice raspberry/cookie scent for the first half of the bowl. Sour Burley (they say Cavendish) is the taste, even after 6 months of cellaring. I tried to like this, but, it reminded me too much of those drug store aromatics. Ghosts the pipe with raspberry real bad. Will not buy again, ( guess I can't get into aromatics, although "Blue Note" isn't bad,so I don't hate them all)

Wellpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wellpipe (48)
Very Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

This one has a great room note of sweet and tangy berries, but it was hard to keep lit and to my taste the flavor is pretty flat. It does have the great Boswell 'no-bite' characteristic, unless you tug it real hard to try and get more flavor out of it. I would say 4 stars for the people in the room enjoying the aroma, but just 2 stars for the person smoking it. If you really like aromatics, go ahead and give it a whirl, but be sure to order some Christmas Cookie from Boswell while you're at it - CC has the heavenly room note and is a more enjoyable smoke.

THESSALONIAN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
THESSALONIAN (22)
Extremely Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Update #2: I'm putting this update here because I've learned how to dry this and smoke it. Dried in the sun until it's crunchy and smoked in a cob this is very good. Better: Dry it and then mix in 10-20% of PS24 Nougat, Christmas Cookie, Snow Flake, Black Gold, etc. Then this becomes an excellent tobacco.

I find this Tobacco to be very bland and hard to keep going. I'm pulling on it to keep it lit. This is surprising because of the reviews. It's one more Bacco I ordered to much of it based on the reviews and the fact that it's black cavendish. Nothing creamy here at all. McClellands VBC(Vanilla Black Cavendish)smokes better, has some good flavor, and a better underlying quality tabacco. Even though I'm a black Cavendish smoker I like Christmas Cookie and Berry Cobbler more than this. Only Two Stars for Raspberry Cream.

I will smoke this because it is so mild in the nicotine category and I don't smell bad when I come home. The wife doesn't like stinky Tobacco's so I won't be smoking orientals very often.

Lesson: Order small quantities until you know if you like it.

infowars.com- Save the Republic

UPDATE: This just tastes black and harsh and is the only tobacco to ever burn the back of my throat. What is going on here?

I'm mixing this with Christmas Cookie, sweet dreams, and majestic 586. It takes these 2 star tobaccos to three stars. By itself these tobaccos are not that good. Berry Cobbler being the exception. Berry Cobbler is a stand alone 4 star tobacco.

Drying: This dries very quickly in the sun. I think I actually overdried RC under the sun.

morphijuana Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
morphijuana (17)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I fell for this blend head over heels. You truly get the taste of a toasted berry mixed in with the smooth flavor of the cavendish. I love it!

Kaziwazee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kaziwazee (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

THIS is my favourite tobacco. This is what got me smoking a pipe in the first place. I cannot add much more to what most reviewers have said, except to say that the folks at Boswell's should being to make pastries. Damn, this stuff can be eaten right out of the bag. The tobacco is soooooo sweet.... Look, just buy a pouch of this and give it a try!

fruktflugan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fruktflugan (19)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

THIS is what I wanted pipe tobacco to be from the very beginning. As a newbie smoker you shouldn't really take my advice on anything, but this tobacco really made it for me. Granted I've only smoked about 6 different blends before this, but I know what I like (and this is it)!

Excellent smell, nice taste and a full white smoke. Absolutely no tongue-bite at all and just really really enjoyable. The Boswell's really hit gold and I feel that this will always be on the top of my list.

*Re-evaluating my reviews now that I've had a little more smoking under my belt... ...thiis goes doen to 3 stars... It's still my favorite aromatic though!

Windstrider Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Windstrider (8)

If you don't like aromatics, pass on by. If you do, then you are in for a treat. This is the blend that moved my pipe smoking from outdoors to indoors. I was headed out to walk the dog and my trusty straight briar and my wife said "if thats the raspberry, you can smoke in here when you get back." That alone should tell you everything you need to know. Although most of us like to rotate tobaccos, this is definitely a keeper that i intend to cellar ever other order i place. Great for after dinner when its snowy outside and you have a good book. One note, if you push this tobacco hard in a bent.. you're going to get a bit of heat. Straight stemmed pipes and long gentle pulls are the way to go with this blend.

purplehook Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
purplehook (6)
Extremely Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This blend has gotten a lot of props and it is all well deserved. I enjoy both English blends and aromatics, and this is my very favorite aromatic. The taste is so smooth and mild and has truly a great natural raspberry taste.

Ozzie_dad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ozzie_dad (7)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Me and my wife both agreed that this tobacco smelled like a raspberry fruit bar. The smell is very dead on. Once lit a nice vanilla smell came through as the "cream" in the name suggests. Just like berry cobbler, this tobacco was not grossly sweet and was very subtle yet very tasty. A nice change of pace for you hardcore english smokers who want a lighter sweet smoke every once in a while.

Rewster66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rewster66 (15)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I really like this blend. I have found that the flavor seems to linger on your taste buds for a while after you finished smoking it, and it is a clean distinguishable raspberry taste that is very pleasant. I would definately say this blend does not bite but maybe you could say it nibbles at the tongue a little if smoked fast. Once lit it burns well, not goopy but a little wet. It seemed a little better when dried for a little while. Boswell blends are my favorite and this would be my No. 3 Boswell blend following my No. 2 Berry Cobbler and my No. 1 Christmas Cookie. Beautiful dark and rich color. Great stuff!

Rev. Avery Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rev. Avery (9)

I have to say I love the Boswells. They are so great to do business with. That adds as much as anything to the enjoyment of their products. With that said...

This is some wonderful stuff!! Give it, and them, a try.

BriarBreather Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarBreather (8)

I just have to say that the folks at Boswell's have got it right. This is the third review for me on Boswell's blends and I gotta say they are the best tobacco's I have been able to find so far. Now I am in no way saying I have tried them all.. far from it, but if you like aromatics and have been getting bit by the tasteless number of them out there, you owe it to your self to give the Boswell's a try. This blend really has a rasberry flavor to it. Nice and sweet, mild, no tongue bite at all, and it smells wonderfull. Tastes just like it smells.....really it does!! Not just sweet air like many others, but a real rasberry taste. I will keep it around for after dinner....perfect desert tobacco.

meanmrmustard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
meanmrmustard (34)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I really can't add any thing to what already has been said about this excellent blend. I think it's great and certainly one of the best aromatics out there. Four stars and another winner from the Boswell line. The room note, well it actually attracts people to it, wondering what that wonderful aroma is!

Medium to Strong Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Wow! This gives a whole new meaning to getting a raspberry!

I was gifted a sample of this blend and it smelled so wonderful in the pouch and I had a sweet tooth going so thought I would give it a try. The pouch aroma is almost like raspberry jam. It is a dark mix of brown to mostly dark brown ribbon cut tobaccos and it was almost sticky with the topping but not like a lot I've tried over the years. Upon lighting up, a wonderful room note aroma burst out of my pipe, and the taste of fresh raspberry settled on my tongue and it tasted quite good. Those that think an aromatic can't taste like the pouch aroma need to try this, it tastes exactly like it smells. For the first half of the bowl, my sweet tooth was quenched and it tasted wonderful but very little of the tobacco taste came across. Then just past the mid point, I started tasting the tobacco come through. The first half was very mild and rich while the second half started biting and got harsher and at the bottom of my pipe it became very bitter. To it's credit though, it did not gunk up my pipe and did burn down to a dark grey ash and a little dottle. While in no way would this be a regular smoke for me, I have to say I did enjoy it overall and it will be nice to have when I have the sweet cravings. Because of the bitter end I can't give it four stars, I will give it three because for an aromatic it behaved quite well and was enjoyable.

smokeybandit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokeybandit (12)

This is definitely one of my favorite blends from Boswell. The raspberry comes through perfectly and the room note is wonderful. It always smokes easy and does not bite. Definitely 4 stars for this one!

Matt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matt (14)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Ive ordered this a couple of times now, its a welcomed change to PennDT and christmas Cookie that I normally smoke. Good pouch aroma, just enough flavoring and like all Boswell blends ive tried burns to a clean white ash with little bite.

I personally like the room note of this blend but some members of my family dont which is why I cant give it a better room note.

pipe dream Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipe dream (11)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

this blend needs a little more casing for flavor then it would be perfect. it burnns cool and clean to the bottom. no bite burns perfectly. just great. a little more flavor for me. still i like it a lot and will reorder.the taste there is nice. 4 stars for this.

Loser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Loser (10)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

if trapped on a deserted island i'd want this and a pipe to be the only things i'd bring with me! well....lest we forget about the fire...

the taste is out of this world! the only thing that would enhance this is to blend with an ounce of chocolate cream.

Ismokeadapipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ismokeadapipe (21)

This is only the second Boswell Tobacco blend that I have ever tried, behind Paradise. This blend smells great in the pouch, lights easy and is pleasant on re-lights. After I dumped out some ash and mixed up the tobacco it re-lit and smelled the same as when I first lit it. I enjoyed the ever so sublte taste of Raspberry. A fuller smoke than Paradise. I enjoyed it and will keep it in rotation.

earlr1957 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
earlr1957 (8)
Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Just like the other Boswells Blends I have tried, Christmas Cookie, Berry Cobbler, and now this one. No Bite, taste good. Burns to a white gray ash. No goo at bottom of Pipe. Moisture is perfect. Guys give this a try.

Dunkel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dunkel (11)

This blend smells so good in the pouch and is even better in a briar. It has the right moisture level, packs easy and no goop at the bottom of the pipe when done. It was one of the best tasting aromatics I've ever smoked. Nice smooth Cavendish flavor with raspberry and a slight vanilla undertone. The room note is a delight. Even a non-smoker shouldn't complain about you smoking this. This was a joy to smoke. This is now my second favorite aromatic behind Christmas Cookie.

rexinator26 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rexinator26 (19)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is a great tobacco.Smooth smoking, easy to light,no tongue bite, burns to a white ash, no goopy mess on the bottom of the bowl.Excellent aroma, which people say smells great.If you want to try a nice aromatic, give it a shot, non - smokers will thank you for it.

XavierMouser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
XavierMouser (6)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

got 4oz of this on friday, love it...non smoking wife lets me light this one INSIDE....you heard me right...she likes this one.

great stuff, goes very well with light "cooler" drinks.

this is a MUST try

Hopkins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hopkins (3)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I just got this from Boswell with Bear blend, as well as Christmas Cookie. Having tried Berry Cobbler before, I think this one tops it.

The taste is much more mild than berry cobbler and the flavoring isnt as artificial.

Smokes cool, Leaves no sticky residue, and has what I believe to be a better room note than most any other berry aromatic.

Girlfriend only likes this and Christmas cookie as blends to be around.