Hand blended from premium tobaccos. Dan Boswell has
created a warm caramel that caresses the palate with
aromatic flavors. Dan has truly captured the
complexity and full-bodied flavor, but without the
BITE.

Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

3.7
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Unique aromatic presentation by the Boswell clan. You will smell and taste the added topping with no problem unless your schnozz is busted. The flavor of the tobacco components does come through (surprisingly)as you smoke this aromatic blend. For those who enjoy added flavors this will be a bell ringer.

As for that caramel flavoring; it is delicious!

A.E. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
A.E. (22)

I prefer English blends most, but enjoy aromatics occasionally. When I have a taste for an aromatic, Boswells No Bite Delight is a great choice. Aromatics, for me, are more social. Thus, the room note is an important part of the pleasure. Boswells No Bite Delight has a distinctive creamy chocolate taste and aroma - much like, though lighter than, their Pipers Pleasure. Its not a complex or rich tobacco experience. Its not a meditative smoke, but pleasant, VERY smooth, and (as promised), has no bite at all. For those who like an occasional aromatic, but draw the line at "fruity" tobacco concoctions as I do, No Bite Delight will do nicely.

Pipe Used: Tsuge Briar

Age When Smoked: Recently blended

Purchased From: Boswells Pipes

Similar Blends: Boswells Pipers Pleasure.

ascbear Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ascbear (3)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Just got my 1st boswell today. I also received a free sample of no bite delite. It is truly a delite. Makes me want to go buy a tootsie roll. NO bite delight will be on the top of my list.

Stutter818 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stutter818 (36)

LOVED this blend. Smoked it in a brand new Boswell Bing Freehand. Sweet caramel flavours, slightly chocolatey. Easy to smoke, terrific dessert smoke. I enjoyed this from beginning to end.

Pipe Used: Boswell Bing Freehand

Purchased From: JM Boswell

Frank Speer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Frank Speer (1)

A desert smoke! Tastes like Tootsie Pop chocolate lollipop!! Love it!!

matthieuduquette Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
matthieuduquette (12)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

-After several more bowls of this blend I have revised it up some though it remains a three star blend.

No Bite Delite is a good all around smoking experience for those who like very sweet tasting aromatics. Yet it has one nagging flaw that keeps me from really calling this a favorite of mine.

In the bag this blend smells of a port and dark chocolate reduction. Perhaps port flavored chocolate truffles. There's a little bit of a rancid note but that is likely due to brandy flavoring. It isn't displeasing, but it does give you the impression of fermentation. Fairly dark in color Virginia blend.

No bite, as the name suggests has very little tongue bite. A dry and cool smoking experience as well. The flavoring did come through fairly well in the taste of the tobacco. I would describe it as one of my favorite cocktails, a Manhattan. Flavors of whiskey. Spiciness of aromatic bitters. A hint of cherry. All with a very pronounced sugary sweetness that coats your palate for a good while afterwards. Overall a very nice aromatic blend that has gained more favor from me over time.

Lighting started off strong and I thought I would have no problems with relights. Yet halfway through it began to struggle and I had to relight despite constant puffing and tamping. It fairly quickly went out again. Probably a thirty minute smoke which is too short for my liking. This has remained the most significant drawback of this blend over time for me.

The room note was sweet and aromatic as you would expect. I got the caramel note right after puffing but it quickly vanishes. It is like caramelizing sugar in a pan rather than a caramel candy. A very light sweetness lingers for a good amount of time afterward.

I liked No Bite Delite. I might consider giving it another couple ounces and experiment with a different pipe to see if I can get it to stay lit. If it were not for that attribute I would be giving this blend four stars.

pennjersey83 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pennjersey83 (11)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is my favorite aromatic tobacco. The caramel taste is natural and almost feels like caramel belongs with tobacco. The smell is amazing and I get the same tootsie roll taste others have mentioned. The blend is not too sweet but still gives just the right amount of caramel flavor

jacques1960 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jacques1960 (27)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Wonderful blend with cocoa top note in bag, bowl, and room note.

This is a great morning coffee, end of day smoke, designated a regular upon first taste.

No bite or gurgle at any point; good, steady burn with no re-light required after charring / second lights.

Boswell provides excellent, friendly service, and fast shipping.

Highly recommend.

Update: Recently purchased a Butz-Choquin Amadeus churchwarden and chose this for the first smoke - completely, totally wonderful; a couple of lights, no bite or hint of gurgle, no bitterness at the end and very, very little dottle.

SBC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SBC (20)

The smell in the bag and taste in the mouth is unmistakably tootsie roll. Or, rather, whatever natural thing tootsie roll is a shadow of. Unlike the vast majority of aromatics, it tastes exactly like it smells, which is a startling discovery you have to experience to believe.

Most tobaccos leave an aftertaste in my mouth that is less pleasant than the smoke itself was; well, not only does this tobacco not do that, it leaves my mouth feeling positively refreshed!

It lives up to its namesake, misting my tongue in a cool fog.

I purchased only 1 oz. and went through it quickly, so I did not experience the fading of flavor that others mentioned. Their experience does put a damper on my "delite," because I'd love to hold onto a good bit of this stuff long term, but take their word that I should not.

Taerin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taerin (20)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

This is very easy on the tongue with lots of flavor. The chocolate seems to come out more than the caramel and vanilla, but they are all there, which creates one of the most unique aromatics I have ever tried. I just plain love it. I did not like their chocolate cream, but I love this because it is a lot more complex, rather than just being a straight blend of any one flavor.

mrtman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mrtman (2)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

No bite delight tastes and smells just like a tootsie roll. This is a very good aromatic that actually has taste. Midway through the bowl I get a dark carmel,creamy taste with a hint of latikia. This tobacco just tastes good and it will make you want to smoke another bowl right after you finish the first one.

CowBoy From Hell Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CowBoy From Hell (12)
Medium Medium to Strong Extra Full Very Pleasant

this may be one of my favorite boswell blend. by far a all day smoke taste when lite and thru the bowl is a carmel,vanilla,mocca taste with what whould be a vanilla after taste when omi, a must have for a backy cache.

Denmarkcm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Denmarkcm (1)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

As a VERY beginner smoker, please take my ratings with a grain of salt. I can rate wines fairly accurately, but only because I have tried so many of them. That aside... This was an AMAZING beginners smoke!!

When I received my 2oz in the mail, I could smell the strong odors of Chocolate and Cherry through the UPS packaging! My roommates hate the smell of smoke, so I was very hesitant to smoke on my back porch, even with nobody home. When my roommates got home later that night, they were mad because they could smell my "Chocolate covered Cherries" and I had obviously eaten them all lol.

When they say there is no bite.. they mean NO BITE!! I could have probably sucked down a bowl in 10 minutes without so much as a sore spot. I wasn't sure if it was my beginners technique or the tobacco itself, but it was hard to light when I first got it. Seems to have gotten easier, but it has also gotten a bit drier too. All in all a VERY good smoke, and I will be ordering more of it as soon as I get paid this week!

piperookie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
piperookie (21)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Excellent.Caramel and may i add a hint of chocolate ?! Always have some with me.Do try! Highly recommended !!

wekers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wekers (14)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

More one nice find of Boswell. It's a very very light tobacco, taste is caramel, cream and realy no bite, ideal for summer on every day. Pleasant. Is most recommended (4 star) for who like a good aromatic mild blend.

Slaisure Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Slaisure (1)

This is a great smoke, had never had any tobacco from boswells before. Bought this and was very pleased no bite good even smoke clear to the end. Will buy more of this brand and from boswell's.

PipeLover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeLover (16)

A delite indeed. Very easy everyday smoke. Sweet room note that is pleasing to non-smokers. Good taste, with no nasty aftertaste. Lights and stays lit fairly well. I let it dry for half an hour before I smoked it. I liked it a lot. I tried a bunch of Boswell blends and this is in my top 10 for sure. Will be ordering more soon.

PipeHaze Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeHaze (3)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

This is one of my favorites from Boswells as well as one of my favorite Blends period. It's defenately in a league of it's own and I knew something was different the first time I sampled it. It's aroma is much more chocolate, it's taste much more caramel-like. (To me anyway). The touch of Latakia and Oriental give it a complex, richer layer of flavor. It has an earthyness to it, a slight spice note, subtle nutty character but the caramel and vanilla/chocolate are way up front. There are small hints of different tobaccos throughout the bowl. Much more aromatic tasting upon lighting where you notice the caramel. Halfway through the bowl richer flavors develop and it just all comes together. A gentle yet rich and fuller bodied blend. Packs, lights and smokes dry and well...no bite at all with a very desert like room note. The flavor does fade quickly if left in the bag. It's a great blend to smoke fresh for it's full flavor.

I'm not trying to sound too in depth about it, but it's defenately one of the tastier, fuller bodied,complex and satisfying aromatics I've ever smoked. A No Bite Delight it truly is!

Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

No Bite Delite is another fine offering from J.M. Boswell makers of some of the finer aromatics on the market today. No Bite lives up to its name as it's easy on the tongue, even with a little puffing. I find the chocolate flavor is a bit more forward than the caramel. If you are a fan of aromatics or just looking for a change of pace, this blend from the nice guys at Boswell's should be on your list. Recommended.

roscoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
roscoe (11)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

A very pleasant and light flavor, with a very faint oriental and/or English feel?, though the usual Boswell caramel predominates. With Raspberry Cream, this makes a tasty mix.

smokincoyote Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokincoyote (19)
Extremely Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

By far one of the best aromatics I've ever tried and a new favorite with a permanent place in the rotation. Ordered a few oz's of the stuff from Bosewells (very nice people btw) and had my tobacco two days later... Damn they ship quickly.

First off I have to comment that the pouch aroma was detectable through the box it was shipped in. When I opened the bag a very very strong aroma of dark chocolate hit me. This is not 'kinda smells like chocolate' its smell its near exactly like a tootsie roll. The pouch aroma is intoxicating and will waft through any tiny gap in the zip lock seal.

The moisture content was a bit on the heavy-side in a very strange way. The tobacco isn't sticky nor is it sopping wet or juicy... This made me fear that despite their claims some crazy new humectant was used. I attempted to dry the tobacco out for 30 minutes under my desklamp as I do with every tobacco, but the stuff refused to dry out--- even a little. The stuff packed very well (another surprise, I expected the moisture to make an airtight seal) and lit even better. Makes me wonder what the heck they do to this baccy to make it act this way.

Not much flavor was to be had on lightup... Or second light.. Then after my first tamp (around the first 1/5th of the bowl) an amazing incense-ish, warm caramel, butterscotch and chocolate flavor came through. The stuff burned down at an average speed without the hint of needing a relight, even after letting it sit a minute. I taste some orientals, I think burley, spiced cavendish and perhaps the smallest trace amount of latakia.

This tobacco lives up to its name. NO bite and a delight! If I could recommend ONE tobacco to a beginner pipesmoker, this would be it.

Update--- After reaching the end of my 1/4lb bag this tobacco has lost most or all of its flavor. Now it is just like smoking warm air that turns to a sickly chemical taste near the end of the bowl. Another strange thing is that this stuff is as 'wet' as the day it got here over a month ago, that's a bit scary. If you like this stuff order in small batches, or maybe vacuum seal the stuff. As for me, I had a good run with this tobac, but the total lack of nicotine and the vanishing flavor makes me think I will only order in 1oz bags when I start missing the flavor.

Wellpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wellpipe (48)

A pleasant tobacco for a change of pace. I generally prefer English blends but once in a while enjoy an aromatic, and this one absolutely fits the bill. Wonderful room note and pleasant albeit mild flavors - it really does taste and smell like caramel.

I have one pipe that I reserve for this blend. If aromatics are not your regular fare you may want to use a dedicated pipe or get a corncob just to try it out. This one leaves a distinctive sweet smell in the bowl that I find very pleasant by itself (sometimes I take the pipe off the rack just to take a whiff of the bowl) but I'm sure would taint any non-aromatic tobacco that followed it.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

It starts out like a wonderful chocolate Hershey bar but then gets that moldy taste to it. Smells wonderful but the topping doesn't agree with me.

hockey01 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hockey01 (28)

Other reviewers have already commented on the yummy pouch aromas of chocolate and caramel and the exquisite room note that this blend produces. That makes the "Delight" part of the blend name absolutely true.

But the real question is: what bout the "No Bite" part?

Like all Boswell blends, there IS NO bite, period, the end.

I don't know how they do it.

doomgrin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
doomgrin (1)

Got this today and to try some (along with a few others mind you). Just opening the bag you get sense of one of the drinks from a coffee shop. You can smell a rich chocolate. I imagine this going very well with a flavored expresso. I found the scent of this absolutely fantastic. Smokes very cool and stays lit. Initially I was surprised at the deepth of taste of the tobacco, however taste lightened the further I got through it. I kept finding a bit of sweetness under my tongue as I smoked it which was I guess part of the delight.

fruktflugan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fruktflugan (19)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Burns well with no bite, but I do not get the full "delite" bit. Taste is a little disappointing when compared to the aroma in the pouch. From the pouch there is a crazy smell of chocolate and caramel that just makes you want to eat the tobacco, but when smoked those flavors are a bit subdued and I felt that it tasted a bit on the more sour side than the sweetness I had imagined.

A worthwhile blend, but I did not really appreciate it as much as some of the reviewers here. I'd choose Raspberry Cream over this any day of the week!

*update: Sad to say that when pressed, this has more bite than both Raspberry Cream and Christmas Cookie... Still worthwhile for some, just not my cup of what have you.

*Update again: 3 weeks in a correctly sealed mason jar did it's job on the mixture. It's lost almost all of it's good flavor and most of the aroma. Now it just tastes really weird and not very good. Sad to say that it does not keep, not at all, not even a little! If you live close to the boswells and can get a little at a time just enough for 2 weeks then this is good. If you plan to keep it for longer you are fooling yourself. Either that or I got a bad (really bad) batch.

Rewster66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rewster66 (15)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Great stuff!!! What you smell is what you get. There are notes of caramel and chocolate that find their way to the nose and the tongue. Very smooth and creamy. The latakia adds a toasty essence to the flavor. Smokes cool and dry - absolutely no bite. This blend should appeal to nearly anyone. Lights easy, stays lit, and gives off lots of creamy white smoke.

CAUTION!!! THIS TOBACCO IS HABIT FORMING AND VERY ADDICTIVE! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

DeadMensPipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DeadMensPipes (38)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A for sure "go to" blend. The pouch note smells heavily of chocolate, however, it does not smell or taste that way when smoked. Seems overmoist, but takes to a match perfectly and is easy to keep lit without numerous relights. I suggest letting it dry out a little, as it can heat up the briar otherwise - but no bite. A delight.

Yellow Lab Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Yellow Lab (1)

I asked for this based on recommendations and was pleased with the choice. I was reading a book and was enjoying the smoke and I realized how truly bite free this was. I don't normally smoke two bowls of any tobacco in succession but once I finished my first bowl and loaded up another pipe with No Bite DeLite and could not have been more pleased. Chocolate and caramel blending gave this a nice finish. Nicely done Jim!

YoungSmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
YoungSmoke (24)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This is another great blend from the Boswell's. This is probably my favorite from them. It's smooth and mild yet full of flavor. It's got a warm cramel flavor like the description states, with a little chocolate/vanilla and some spice notes that really come together well. This is defenately a "go to" blend for me.

Every one of the Boswell blends I've tried have all been high quality, tasty blends. They have little to no bite and most are clean, dry smokes for being heavy aromatics. What you like better than others is all personal preference. For me this is becoming the perfect aromatic and what I've been looking for.

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Mild Medium Full Pleasant

No Bite Delite is another in a long line of successful aromatics from Boswell's Pipes and Tobaccos. I believe this one was blended by J.M.'s son Dan. In the pouch or jar it has a mottled appearance, with brown ribbons mixed with black chopped pieces. The pouch aroma is chocolate with caramel overtones.

NBD lights easily for a cased aromatic and doesn't require a lot of relights, like many topped tobaccos do. I packed my pipe with the Franck method and it worked very well. The taste is not overly sweet, and some good tobacco flavor is mixed in with what sweetness there is. The room note is grand and a favorite of my wife's. NBD burns down to a fine gray ash with little to no dottle.

Scores for No Bite Delite: flavor- 16 of 20; lighting and burn- 8 of 10; value- 8 of 10. 32 points equals a ** rating for No Bite Delite. The Boswell offering of winning tobaccos continues.

Non aromatic smokers, leave, this is not one for you. But if you are, this one will surprise you. i was given this in a trade. I expected it to be similiar to Lanes BLWB but instead, I got a murti colored ribbon/riff cut, very rich tasting blend that really won't bite and yet has a lot of flavor. This one reminds me of Scottys Butternut Burley with a fuller, richer taste. I smell sweet in the pouch, but the flavor is not overly so. I get caramel but a chocolate like note to it as well. It packs well in the pipe and only takes one light to get going and it stays lit well. I smoked this in a brand new pipe I am going to dedicate to aros, so I tasted the true flavor of this one and got none of the bite of breaking in a new pipe. I smoked it all the way down to the bottom to a dark grey ash and it was dry and no dottle at the bottom. The room note is wonderful yet it does disappear fast so would be a good wife pleaser. This would be wonderful for a new smoker to start with. I was truly caught off guard by this blend and like it very much. I highly recommend it.

Bigmikewithapipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bigmikewithapipe (9)

I would recommend this because it really does not give you any bite! I ordered some of this and I smoked it as fast as I could and I really didn't get any bite at all. Aromas are ok. The flavors are mild, too mild for me, but some will enjoy that. I'm a cigar smoker, so alot of things are mild to me compared to others. I would like to have a little more sweetness and complexity in this blend. But like I said, I would keep this for the ones who have a problem with tongue bite. Overall Boswell makes my favorite blends and they have very good quality blends. Very consistent.

pipe dream Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipe dream (11)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

i hated the smell of this one in the bag.i thought dan caught something alright. but as the bowl warmed so did i. nice,very nice.flavors play off each other all to my delite.this is a warm dry flavorful treat.it has a subtle sweetness that haunts you. i would reccomend this blend as exceptional.thankyou dan.room note is notable.smokes to the release of pipe angels.

reckoner Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
reckoner (5)

I love, love, love, LOVE this blend! It has almost become my permenant morning smoke, and one thing I've found: this goes GREAT with a cup of coffee. This blend is sometimes presented as somewhat one-dimensional. I think this blend has a lot going for it. Every time I smoke it, I notice something different. That caramel really gives it the finishing touch. All around good smoke.

OLDTIMER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OLDTIMER (39)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of my favorite blends. Wonderful caramel notes that I never get bored with. The moisture level is just perfect, and burns dry and cool down to the last puff. If you like aromatic blends like me try some, it really is a No Bite Delite.

Dunkel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dunkel (11)

As the name says, there's no bite in this blend. It is a rich, yet mild smoke that was very enjoyable. it won't bowl you over with amazing flavors, but it does have a light caramel taste that satisfies. Moisture level was perfect to pack and smoke. There was no goop at the bottom of the bowl either. The room note was more noticeable at the beginning, but was still pleasant at the very end. It's a very nice, mild blend. I'll keep some on hand for sure.

cigarman43035 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cigarman43035 (15)

This pipe tobacco is very nice and has premium tobacco in it! I smoked this last night and could tell right away from lighting it that the name of this product is true. When you light it you can taste a little carmel but the best part of it is that you can not make it bite! The room smell goes away about 15mins after you smoke it! It did not bother my wife at all. This is a good blend to try.

gorealestate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gorealestate (28)

Very mild with a caramel flavor without the ?bite?. Burns exceptionally well. One sided taste with not much going on but a pleasing taste. Worth giving a try as I don't thing you will be dissapointed. An "all around" good smoke if you're looking for something not strong or overwhelming. Velvety without a nasty aftertaste or sting.

smokey stover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey stover (11)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

The name says it all. No bite and a delightful smooth smoke with a pleasant caramel taste that lasts all the way to the bottom. It did leave somewhat of a sticky residue around the top of the bowl but that did not take away from the enjoyment of the smoke. Could not detect the nicotine. This is a nice tobacco for a change of pace.