A mixture of golden, red and dark Virginia tobaccos in different cuts, rounded off with burley and black cavendish. An irresistible, fragrant flavor of rum, coconut and macadamia nuts. Rich and spicy, yet mellow to medium in taste.

BrandPeterson
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp & Co.
FlavoringOther / Misc, Rum
CountryIE
Strength
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full, Very Full

Georgije Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Georgije (2)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Although I'm a new pipe smoker I think this is very very tasty blend. At my first bowl I wasn't very impressed (probably because I didn't know how to treat the tobacco), but the second one was great. I love it with a cup of coffee late afternoon. Definitely recommended!

Pipe Used: Peterson Fermoy 69

Grundie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grundie (26)
Medium to Strong Very Strong Very Full Strong

Sorry guys, I didn't like this at all. Very harsh with overwhelming flavours. All I could taste was a bitter sweetness whilst smoking it.

Pagercat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pagercat (40)
Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

This tobacco comes in a beautiful burgundy collector tin with the actual tobacco inside of a sealed cellophane bag. The leaves are light and fluffy and range in color from light tan to black. The moisture content is more towards the dry side and it is not sticky. The leaves do not stick together when pinched. The cut is a mixture of ribbon, crimp and broken flake. The tin description is that this tobacco is a Virginia, Burley and cavendish blend with a top flavor of rum, macadamia nuts and coconut. The smell in the bag is more of a cinnamon/allspice motif, however, it is not overwhelmingly strong.

Packing was very easy and I used the "three-level" method. In keeping with the theme, I smoked this in a Peterson Irish Whiskey billiard that is kept for plain and sweetened burleys. It was nice to be able to pack an aromatic blend into a pipe and not have sticky fingers afterwards.

At the first match I tasted a harsh "burning lettuce" flavor and almost instant tongue bite. The smoke mellowed a bit and I started to taste a little bit of the casings. This blend starts off tasteless and builds as the bowl progresses. I consider this characteristic a positive since you are able to ease into the flavors as opposed to being blasted with it from the first puff.

This blend thrives on a slow puffing cadence where the flavors can come alive slowly and cleanly. It does not produce a lot of large smoke clouds but instead you get just what you take. The flavors build and I taste something similar to one of those cherry cordial candies with the dark chocolate shells. I also taste a spirit of some kind but it leans more towards a whiskey rather than a rum. The real treat is in the nose exhalations where you can taste a slight sweet/nutty flavor mixed with the spirits. I did not taste or smell any coconut but perhaps a more distinguished palate will pick up on that. The casings enhance the tobacco but never become overwhelming at all. The room note is very pleasant.

The flavors remain consistent throughout the bowl and it ends in a sweet farewell. There was no moisture in this smoke at all and when I ran a cleaner through the pipe it came out dry. All that was left in the pipe was a fine light grey ash. The pipe walls were clean and there was no residual smell left in the pipe. There was no harshness that usually accompanies many other blends as they wind down to the end.

I would highly recommend Peterson Special Reserve 2007 for anyone who enjoys a top-quality aromatic blend. Just remember to smoke it slowly or it will bite you big time.

USA_Traveller Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
USA_Traveller (7)

This blend appears to be mostly virginia ribbon-cut tobacco(aged and light) with enough burley mixed in to hold the casing. And as the label states, that casing is quite unique: when you open the tin, your nose is greeted with a very mild aroma - lingering briefly with a hint of coconut, rum and nuts (though the nuttiness may be the result of the burley). Make no mistake, this is no cheap aromatic. It is a premier blend with well-aged virginias predominant. Try as I might, even strong, consistent puffing will not make this tobacco bite. For an aromatic, this blend may seem a bit dry. But I find that if you pack it in layers and don't tamp it too tight, you will have a good clean smoke. In fact, this Peterson burns true and clean to the bottom of the bowl. And unlike most aromatics, there is no "goop" left over at the finish -- notable in itself as I tend to be a "wet" smoker. As good a the smoke is, the thing that makes this tobacco really stand abovethe rest is the lingering room note. It is truly outstanding. Guys, take note: just about every woman who smells it has stopped and asked me what it is. And my wife says it is her favorite of all that I smoke. So for the times when you want to smoke a little something on the aromatic side AND draw the appreciation of the ladies, try some of this. The only downside I find is that it is a limited run and is expensive. But at my age, I can afford an expensive smoke every now and then, and this one is worth the price: a nice clean Virginia that makes all heads in the room turn, smile at you, and take notice.

Chimney1966 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chimney1966 (5)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

I bought one tin for Christmas, and after smoking one bowl in my private office room, air in the room had distinctive coconut (and surprisingly also clear vanilla) aroma as very clear roomnote (which lasted one whole week)... No more need for air fresheners, just small bowl of this stuff and room has pleasant aroma... Packs well into bowl, and proper level of moist, does not need relights. Although, bit expensive, I bought another tin already to my collection, and I will probably get one more tin... Based to my old experiences... I would say this blend is fairly equal to Dunhill A-21000, and perfect tobacco for Dunhill Dress pipe or Peterson Ebony pipe. The tobacco for special occations, while wearing a tux, this is the blend to smoke. And ladies love it... No doubt, the best blend what Peterson has achieved this far.