This should appeal to the coffee lover, and those around you. It is half #305, Espresso and half #700A, Dark Chocolate.

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Coffee, Whisky
Strength
Taste
2.1
Zogg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zogg (7)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

This came sealed in a tin very dry. Almost looked like dry dirt or coffee grounds. It packed terribly, and burned far, far too hot. The room note was decent, and it smelled fantastic before lighting.

I had an absurd amount of tongue bite, and i tasted nothing but pain. I tried a few bowls of this.. all the same experience. Oh well.

SakamotoFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SakamotoFan (12)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

For some reason my tin came sealed, but when I opened it, it was very dry. Half the tin looked like coffee grinds, not tobacco ribbons or flakes. I tried this stuff and it was very very sweet but I could not recognize any real coffee flavor even after examining it in my mouth, just chocolate.

rrackley Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rrackley (3)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Mocha is a good example of this blender's excellent products that overcome the usual aromatic disadvantages of poor burning and/or tongue bite. The taste and aroma are excellent and it burns like a good regular tobacco. It smells like a rich coffee/chocolate mixture and some of that actually comes through in the taste.

Because I am a very mild tobacco smoker - English blends have always given me headaches and I've felt sick for hours after I've tried them every time (especially those with latakia) - my favorite everyday tobacco blend is Lane 1Q. It can get boring after a while because it has little flavor of its own, so I often smoke it with a good aromatic blended into it. A mixture that is 1/4 Mocha and 3/4 Lane 1Q is just right for me and I love it. Everyone loves the aroma too, from what I hear.

Mocha is one that I always plan to keep on hand to smoke myself and to share with friends.

ivycap Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ivycap (63)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Well, it just doesn't taste quite as good as it smells. Burn quality isn't that great either. Just one of those many aromatics out there that fall short. Didn't expect it from Cornell & Diehl. They've made so many good blends and their Nutty Irishman was a hit.

DBE1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DBE1 (6)
Mild Mild Medium Tolerable

I like Cornell & Diehl tobaccos but this one did not appeal to me. I'm not much of a coffee drinker either so that may be the issue. I'll skip on this one

purplehook Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
purplehook (6)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

The other reviews are pretty dead on. i will add this; It smells great in the tin, the taste is not bad either. I could definitely taste the espresso. It burned extremely hot in the bowl. at times the smoke flowing out of the top of the bowl was noxious reminiscent of ammonia!

greekthinker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
greekthinker (18)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

If you plan to smoke this blend for no more than 2 minutes - go for it. But after 2 minutes the initial taste and aroma are no where to be found. This happens with any number of cheap tobacco's but it shouldn't with a blend for C&D. At first it is hard to get properly lit, not unusual for a toasted black blend. Once it gets going however, the taste and the aroma are gone. I kept at it for the whole half an hour smoke, but could never recapture the initial 2 minutes. Like my first H.S. girlfriend: Good for a quickie, but you don't want to marry her. My can is now retired to the closet with a million other blends and will come out only to entertain guests who might want a go at it.

Latakia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Latakia (67)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

Again, another from the C&D sampler. Very black broken flake that has a beautiful aroma in the can. As I have mentioned, don't really smoke aromatics but think this is good. I tend to like this more than the frutier blends. Room note is exactly like chocolate coffee. Burns well. Would like to try this with a little latakia added which I will try and comment.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Having tried Berry Good! I had very high hopes for this blend. I was instead rather disappointed with it. The tobacco sure smells like coffee and the room note sure smelled like coffee, but what I tasted was well hardly anything. There was a small bit of coffee taste at match, that quickly went away, leaving me with nothing to speak of. About five minutes before the bowl was over I did notice a little bit of dark chocolate. This is not the sweet milk chocolate but the slightly bitter and earthy type. The good news is that it burns well and does not bite. There was little goo in the bottom of the bowl, a definite advantage. The tobacco is well cut, but just too boring in the flavor department.

Smokesmith Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Smokesmith (1)
Mild Mild Mild Tolerable

This is my first foray into the world of C&D and the first tin opened from a C&D aromatic sampler pak just delivered.

The first reviewer of this blend wrote a dead-on description.

Only thing to add is you might find this blend a good introduction to the C&D aromatic line.

The tin aroma,(reminds of fermented wine), prompted me to think, "Oh man, I like this scent. Highly unusual for an aromatic. Could this be a high quality aromatic that I have been looking for? I'm looking forward puffing a superabundance of these fumes!"

Answer: Yes and no.

"Yes"...in that it is a very good quality tobac that may impress you and prompt you to want to try more of these blends. In addition, this Mocha would not be at all disappointing for owners of a more sensitive palate.

"No"...in that I found it a little stingy in flavor and taste. It just needs a little more richness maybe in the form of a stronger nicotine kick. Also, it burned way too fast in a medium sized pipe. Try it in a large bowl for a longer smoke and perhaps a better smoke toward the last third of your bowl.

Skilling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skilling (80)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

The chocolate in this blend is noticable. If you like Mocha, then here you go. As for me, I like my coffee, black. I liked #305 Expresso better.

Sceny Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sceny (66)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

This tobacco is very similar to #305 Espresso, with the exception that a chocolate flavor is added to the coffee. As with #305, this is an aromatic with a casing that smells much stronger than it tastes. The actual taste is very good, a high-quality, darker tobacco flavor that is totally different from the goopy Lane stuff. Even those who don’t normally smoke aromatic tobaccos may want to try this one! The smell is very strongly coffee with chocolate undertones, an aroma that was noticeable through the sealed shipping box when I got the package. I imagine that the chocolate smell would be much more obvious if not overwhelmed by the coffee. The tobacco is very dark black, made up of smaller and larger chunks of irregularly cut leaf. The moisture level, when I first got the bag, was high; indeed, I was amazed at how much moisture was in this blend, as C&D tobaccos are usually bone-dry. It was almost as damp as the McClelland aromatics (though not sticky)! After a week, however, the tobacco dried out to the normal moisture level, leading me to believe that the dampness was due to water alone and not PG. It packs easily and lights quickly, burning through a bowl with a below-average number of relights. In the first third, I notice an initial flavor of coffee and chocolate, in roughly equal amounts. These flavors are by no means overwhelming, however, and the base tobacco quickly asserts itself as a mild, smooth, dark taste. In fact, as with many C&D aromatics, the smell of the casing is much stronger than the taste upon smoking. After the very start of the bowl, the strongest flavor I'm noticing is a dark, sweet, and slightly sour tobacco flavor. It is very smooth, with absolutely no bite and a definite presence on the palate. I'm still getting bursts of coffee and chocolate, and these meld well with the tobacco taste. This tobacco produces large volumes of smoke, even when I’m smoking it slowly, and the room note is excellent. It is also very nice exhaled through the nose. In the second third, the casing flavors have lessened, leaving the Cavendish tobacco base more dominant. There is none of that goopy, chemical taste that many people hate in aromatics, and the tobacco is obviously high-quality. This is a very mild smoke, uncomplicated and not very full at all. Still, it isn't all that boring, and it is most definitely a crowd pleaser. There is some moisture in this third, but it isn't severe. In the last third of the bowl, the casing flavor is mostly gone, though the sweetness remains. The tobacco flavor is pretty much the same, though not quite as smooth. Regardless, there is still no bite and only minor moisture, and the bottom of the bowl is nearly dry. Overall, this is another high-quality aromatic tobacco from C&D. It is truly remarkable how they can produce a product so totally free of the normal aromatic bite and moisture problems. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes aromatic tobacco, but is looking for a more natural, PG-free flavor. I will likely buy more of this in the future. Excellent!