Steamed Izmir leaf ribbon cut.

BrandSamuel Gawith
Blended BySamuel Gawith
Blend TypeOriental
ContentsOriental/Turkish
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Very Mild
2.0
Darth 69 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Darth 69 (76)
Very Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I have to echo the previous review by PiperAtTheGatesofDawn; This is an extremely mild, almost flat oriental tobacco for blending that is probably best suited for diluting a heavier blend. By itself in the pouch it has mild notes of chocolate, acetic tang and mild dutch cigar tobacco. While smoking I found that the mild dutch cigar character barely makes itself noticed in an otherwise more so neutral smoke. It's almost like a very midly cased burley but I don't detect any casing, it's just that the tobacco has sufficient body in and of itself. I suppose this is suited for diluting an english blend that is either too heavy in latakia or having a virgina base a little sharp on the tongue.

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (33)
Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant

Sam Gawith: R.C. Turkish

Good tobacco and high qality product as would be expected from Sam Gawith. Room Note is almost absent as far as I can tell. Taste? Wellllll there wasn't that much of that.

Bought this more on a whim and as a alternative to the lack of anything else I was used to smoking. I am a fan of Sam Gawith (with the exception of the heavily-flavored offerings).That was the point of ordering this blend. What to say? There really isn't much to this tobacco as far as taste, body and aroma. I am aware that it is basically a blending tobacco and a mild one besides and I suppose that that is it's main function and usage. It is almost not worth smoking alone. I suppose it could be used to tone down an over-exuberent or heavy blend but it is bland and near tasteless alone.The feeling of "why did I go to the trouble of loading my pipe?" is about all that can be expected from a solo flight with this tobacco.

Undoubtedly good tobacco for what it does. I never tried any blending experiments with this so I can't comment on that aspect of it either. By the time I was about halfway through my ration of this my preferred tobacco came available. So now it just sits there with a lonely look on it's face. oh well!

Recommended? Not reall strongly except as a possible blender.