Steamed Izmir leaf ribbon cut.

BrandSamuel Gawith
Blended BySamuel Gawith
Blend TypeOriental
ContentsOriental/Turkish
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Taste
Pleasant, Tolerable
2.0
Very Mild None Detected Very Mild Tolerable

Sam Gawith R.C Turkish. Here we have a light brown coloured tobacco. When I open the bag I struggle to get much aroma, even after a few minutes of sniffing I can't really identify any smell! I think this would be best suited for bulking a blend up some, it isn't horrible but it just lacks a quality to make it worth smoking on it's own. Nicotine is mild in this, it would have to be paired with something to give it some oomph! The smoke is quite cool and it gives me no bite, it can be puffed with fervour! Once it's lit it burns steadily, it doesn't need too many re-lights. After a few bowls of this I now have the opinion of "why bother smoking this pure?". It isn't too bad but it really needs something with it to spice things up! Two stars.

Pipe Used: Askwith Chubby Poker

Purchased From: G.Q Tobaccos

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (33)
Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant

Sam Gawith: R.C. Turkish

Good tobacco and high qality product as would be expected from Sam Gawith. Room Note is almost absent as far as I can tell. Taste? Wellllll there wasn't that much of that.

Bought this more on a whim and as a alternative to the lack of anything else I was used to smoking. I am a fan of Sam Gawith (with the exception of the heavily-flavored offerings).That was the point of ordering this blend. What to say? There really isn't much to this tobacco as far as taste, body and aroma. I am aware that it is basically a blending tobacco and a mild one besides and I suppose that that is it's main function and usage. It is almost not worth smoking alone. I suppose it could be used to tone down an over-exuberent or heavy blend but it is bland and near tasteless alone.The feeling of "why did I go to the trouble of loading my pipe?" is about all that can be expected from a solo flight with this tobacco.

Undoubtedly good tobacco for what it does. I never tried any blending experiments with this so I can't comment on that aspect of it either. By the time I was about halfway through my ration of this my preferred tobacco came available. So now it just sits there with a lonely look on it's face. oh well!

Recommended? Not reall strongly except as a possible blender.