Lighter in the contribution of orientals and Perique, this blend gets it character from the elegant red Virginias and smooth, round burley that are melded with toasted cavendish. A bowl starting the day sets a fine course for what follows.

Blended ByRabbi Ira Stone / William Serad
Blend TypeOriental
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

My impressions of this are similar to Or Olam. This smoke is a slightly milder flavor, and it does not have the slightly sweet taste. It has burley listed in the blend and that may be the only difference. It is a very good smoke that will not amaze you with complexity. It is a soft smoke - easy on the tongue, and the signature is the light orientals. It smoked very cool for me. I did not taste much in the way of perique, but maybe a touch of it complements the oriental signature. If you are curious about an light oriental that is not a flavor bomb or come with too much of something to mask the subtle flavor, give this a try. I am glad I bought it. It is a very good smoke.

Mild None Detected Medium Pleasant

I tried "Or Olam" as well (the names are similar, so I hope I'm not getting them mixed up). Actually, neither seemed to have a lot of perique, and I found them similar in taste as well. I had to give them both three stars, because I recognize the quality, but they are not for me. Bland to my palate, though some of my good fellow smokers might be knocked out, for all I know.