It has a citrus taste and light aroma.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
2.7
matthieuduquette Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
matthieuduquette (12)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

-After several more sittings with this blend my opinions below have not changed.

For my first JM Boswell order I purchased six blends to try out. Of the six the Peaches and Cream was the most disappointing.

In the bag. This tobacco blend has a very saccharine smell. Very sweet to the degree of not being pleasant on the nose. It doesn't smell of peaches or cream. Just sweet. The blend seems too dark for a bright, fruity flavor as well.

In the pipe this blend was mild, cool, dry, and with no bite. All what you would hope for in an good aromatic. Yet any flavoring or even a generic sweetness was non-existent. Not even a taste of the tobacco either. Just an ashy very weak flavor all around. My least recommended blend of those I have samples from Boswell so far.

Got through every time without a relight but it wasn't effortless. Could see relights being often if you like to smoke while talking among friends. This constant puffing also makes it a quick smoke. thiry maybe forty minutes. I usually read while smoking so a short smoke is a negative. I prefer at least 45 minutes out of a bowl so I can get some good reading in between. Longer smokes also mean leas having to monitor your light so you can concentrate on whatever else you are doing like talking, reading, etc.

The room note was just as non-existent. If you like to smoke indoors but otherwise dislike the lingering smell of the tobacco in the room or on your cloths this is for you. Straight out of the pipe I could hardly smell the smoke whirling around my face. Again, no hints of peaches, no creaminess, no sweetness.

This is the first peach aromatic I have tried so I am anxious to compare this with Tinderbox Peach Melba or a Peaches & Cream blend available at Sturman's in Boise.

FTF13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FTF13 (9)

Good taste of sweet sugary peaches... Made the back of my throat itchy and tongue raw..... Just a tad to sweet for me... But still good for a every now & then smoke.

musicman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
musicman (81)

All of the Boswell aromatics are quality productions. It really is refreshing to know there is still that hands on artisan approach to anything in the world, let alone tobaccos.

That being said, although this one is a quality product, it still falls victim to the nature of it's being. It is an aromatic, and therefore can burn a little bit hot, a little bit sticky, and does not hold up to it end of the deal when it comes to taste vs smell.

The peach taste is very subtle but it is there, I think. This has a light sweet flavor, and can really scratch that itch for a nice aromatic. It is way above others in it's class. This blend just wont blow you away with flavor, peach or anything else.

As with most aromatic tobacco's this one is not for long term storage. the topping diminishes over time, leaving you with a bland base tobacco. Buy it, smoke it and enjoy. I actually should say buy it, smoke it, and let everybody else enjoy. The room note on this one is very nice. Recommended.

Boswellpipeaddict Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Boswellpipeaddict (2)

I like peach pipe tobaccos. That being said, This blend would be great if had a little more flavor. I'm a big Boswell fan obviously but I think there are a few of their blends that would be much better if there was just more flavor. The flavors that are there are always first class, but I sometimes feel they could be more prominent. This is a good peach flavor and the smoke is cool and the room note is pleasing. I would recommend it as a decent peach blend.

LadyPiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LadyPiper (2)

Maybe I just got a great batch of this stuff because I don't understand the reviews that say they can't taste the peach in this blend. For me, the peach flavor was quite pronounced--not anything like a drug store blend but also not subtle. I actually enjoyed this blend quite a bit.

BriarBreather Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarBreather (8)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Being a boswell blend, I would expect a little more. My only comment.....Wheres the peach??

Matt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matt (14)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

Update: the cut and blend has been changed to what you would normally expect of a Boswell baccy. I gotta say I like the flavor of this tobacco but just didnt like the cut. Its a very fine cut almost like sawdust in my opinion.

I should also note that this tobacco beats the Tinderbox peach melba blend. But still stand by my opinion of the cut.

rexinator26 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rexinator26 (19)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

As the other review states, it does need more of a peach flavor punch.Most of the flavor i did get was a somewhat carmel taste with a faint hint of peach now and then.The tobacco I had is a tad wet,but once it's lit tends to stay lit.Doesn't burn hot,no tongue bite no matter how much i puffed, no problems in the smell factor.Nice for someone in search of a real mild tobacco.Could be great if the peach flavor was there.

gorealestate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gorealestate (28)

I bought this blend based on the name which sounded like it would be a good flavor. Upon opening the pouch, I loved the smell of the peaches. I store my tobacco in sealed mason jars and loved the aroma of this blend but for some reason as it aged, the peach aroma diminished.

This blend has the signature Boswell tobacco background which has a slightly nutty/leather taste. I was expecting more of a true ?peach? flavor but it is only slight and is almost non-existent as I get to the bottom of the bowl. Pretty much like Boswell?s Cherry Smash. In my opinion, there needs to be a more, true, robust ?peach? flavor.

Burns well. I would rate this a 3 star if it just had more peach ?punch? to it.

AGuidry Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
AGuidry (2)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

i just got a shipment of this from Boswell today along with berry cobbler, sweet dreams, and christmas cookie, and I have to say that this is a VERY close second to berry cobbler, which is incredible.

the tobacco itself smells good, but not incredible, and was a little moist, but let it dry a little while, and you'll be set! since it's a little wet, it was hard to light, but once lit, it stays lit. The flavor really kicks in about halfway down the bowl and once it's found, it's peaches and a little cinnamon i believe, very nice...there is a little tobacco flavoring behind it, but the peaches and cinnamon is very nice and is in the forefront.

I'd definitely recommend it.

smokey stover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey stover (11)
Mild Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

Years ago I would at times pick up a pack of John Rolfe peach flavor tobacco for a change of pace. It had a nice room note but left your tongue like a charcoal briquette. Nonetheless I recently had a hankering to try it again and called J M Boswell to order a tin. He informed me that it was no longer available but that he would send a sample of his own mixture to try. Wow! what a rush! This is great tobacco! Wonderful full taste with no bite. You definately can detect the peach flavor and it lasts throughout the entire pipeful. The room note is very pleasant and even the Mrs. finds it to her liking. Didn't notice any nicotine rush-very subtle if at all. Frankly until I experienced the Boswell blends I have given up on aromatics because they are so harsh and after the first few puffs the flavor vanishes and the burn sets in. After you try this order some of their Christmas Cookie blend.