The same tobaccos as No.300, but flavored with apple brandy. The mildest apple flavor we've tried.

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringApple, Brandy
Strength
Taste
samwell711r Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
samwell711r (7)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild Pleasant

A little disappointed in this blend. Its ok, a decent smoke if you have nothing better. Its an aromatic, and I favor aromatics. I like apple tobaccos, and I wanted this one to be good. But its not really. I could not detect any apple in the pouch, and when I smoked it, there was initially a nice flavor but it wasn't apple and it faded quick. Rest of the smoke was just average to me. It wasn't overly moist in the pouch and as is sometimes my custom (at my place of employment) I will load a pipe an hour or two before leaving so as to enjoy in the car on the way home. But two hours is enough to dry this tobacco to brittleness. I'll finish the pouch because its ok, but I won't be ordering it anymore. 2 stars tops

Pipe Used: EJ Heberling, Kevin Arthur

Age When Smoked: Unknown

rockcandy85 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rockcandy85 (2)

I received this blend in a sample pack and it was the first one i opened. Everything else in the pack took a back seat to this blend, as it immediately became one of my favorites. I'm always in search of a great apple flavored tobacco, and this one didn't disappoint. I has a very smooth flavor, and burns very cool. The room note is very friendly and the initial scent upon opening is very polite. I only wish the apple flavoring hit me a lot harder. That is to say, this blend is still great, but now that i know an apple blend this good is possible, i want to see what else is possible. I know it's hard to get a lot of external flavor into a tobacco without turning it to goop. Perhaps I'm in search of a heavy cider flavoring with hints of Clove and Wassail. In the meantime, this blend is more than capable of holding me over on my quest.

DoctorThoss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DoctorThoss (146)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

I've been looking for a good apple-flavored aromatic for years to smoke on rare occasions and had hoped to find it here. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. It's not exactly bad, but it doesn't taste or smell much at all like apple to me -- more like a generic version of Autumn Evening. Now, I'm happy smoking Autumn Evening on a regular basis but would much rather pay the dollar or two extra for a tin of it rather than smoke this. On the plus side, this blend doesn't bite and might be appreciated by diehard aromatic smokers.

stonedlion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
stonedlion (6)

I bought a 1 ounce sample (among several) from Out West Tobacco as part of my C&D dabblings. I'm just getting back into pipe smoking after a nearly 20 year hiatus, so I am getting re-acquainted with some old favorites and expanding my horizons.

Slow smoking in a 50+ year old Tom Howard bulldog I rescued from an antique shop, there was no discernible tongue bite and a very mild flavor. The room note is very agreeable and passes the sniff test with flying colors.

Average number of relights, but after the first couple of tamps remained lit easily.

Mid-bowl the flavor comes on a little stronger and a hint of spice begins to assert itself.

I nice cool smoke. Not an all day smoke for me, but a couple of ounces will find their way into my aromatic collection.

imago Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
imago (63)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

After a long search for an apple aromatic which doesn't heat-strip my tongue, I come at last to this wonderful mixture by C&D.

Upon initial visual inspection of the tobacco, all I notice is a uniformly dark mixture which resembles the cavendish blends that I tend to steer well away from. A very light apple aroma catches my attention even as I pack the pipe for my first bowl.

Despite it's appearance, this tobacco packs, lights and burns well, giving a mild tobacco flavour delicately graced with a hint of apple. Nothing overpowering...no goop or gurgling in the pipe...no sickly sweet taste or aroma. Just a very mild tobacco which fills the room with a light, fresh, and pleasant scent of fresh apples and quality tobacco.

And, no matter how hard I tried, I could not make the stuff burn my tongue.

I suspect that, if you're a fan of C&D's Apricots and Cream (or you want to try an aromatic which isn't sickenly sweet), you'd love this one too.