A most unique blend with a touch of vanilla. Does not alter the maple aroma but adds a distinctive, mild touch to it.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
2.5
Hanzy4200 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hanzy4200 (4)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Not one I would recommend. While it is still quality tobacco, and definitely does not taste bad, it is rather bland. I would basically classify it as a plain sweet aromatic. Even after 9-10 bowls, I have yet to catch any notes of maple, or really anything at all aside from sugar. I may cellar a bit for 6 months or so to see if any flavor matures, but I'm not holding my breath. Overall not a bad smoke, but falls short of what I've come to expect from Boswells. I guess that's the downside of producing some of the finest aromatics in the world.

Pipe Used: MM Legend

Purchased From: Boswells

akathedstnguishdgntlmn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
akathedstnguishdgntlmn (5)
Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

THe original dstnguishdgntlmn back again under a new name of akadstnguishdgntlmn. Computer glitch. Anyway, This tobacco is wonderful. It has a distinct maple taste BUT... it is a cedar/dry maple. Not a Wilke or McClelland type maple. THis is almost like a true English blend without Latakia ,then cased with Maple. A very unique experience. It is dry and slightly sweet but with distinctive maple flavor. It does not bite but produces a fizzy-warm feeling on the tongue. It is not hot but fizzy! The maple never becomes overpowering but is ever present right down to the last puff. Just a thought to ponder... I am from NYC, live in Chicago, and buy my tobacco from western Pennsylvania. I do this for a resaon. Tobaccos blended in similar climates taste the same. I have purchased tobaccos from warmweather places and gotten home and they just tasted like crap. I was told by a friend that the different molds of each climate affect the taste. Just food for thought. Regardless, this is a solid 3 star aromatic.

Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)

I tried this after finishing a tin of Sutliff Maple Street. This does not have as much maple flavor but does seem to be a high quality of tobacco. It can bite if pushed to fast. It's relatively smooth and burns well. Not my favorite but still a good blend over all.

Purchased From: Boswell Pipes & Tobacco

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)
Very Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Unfortunately, there is nothing speacial about this blend. This blend is sweet, but the maple flavoring is barely detectable. May bite if pushed.

If you are looking for a true maple tobacco, IMHO Town topic is much better on the delivery.

Would pair well with water. Anything else would drowned this flavorless blend.

BaconandTobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BaconandTobacco (15)

Boswell maple leaf is a great mild aromatic. I find it to be a rather refreshing smoke on a warm day. The flavoring is not overbearing and I experienced no bite. It does smoke a little damp.

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Mild Medium Full Pleasant to Tolerable

YOU CAVENDISH SMOKERS TRY THIS A GOOD MAPLE BLEND A LITTLE SWEET I AM NOT A CAVENDISH SMOKER BUT I REALLY LIKE THIS BLEND. I CAN SMOKE THIS ALL DAY LONG MAPLE FLAVOR IS REALLY THERE

YoungSmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
YoungSmoke (24)

Just like the oteher Boswells this is a great blend. It's a nice mild, cool smoke with a warm carmel/maple flavor with spice/nutty hints in the background. No mess, no fuss and doesn't bite. It is pretty mild, but yet opens up about halfway through...if you're relaxing and puffing real easy you can taste all it has to offer. Just like the other reviewer stated, this would be awesome on a cool fall day just sitting outside, I can picture it now...

Loser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Loser (10)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Unnoticeable

this was the very first Boswell blend i ever smoked, before it i smoked dried out convenience store brands like borkum riff and outdated sir walter. upon lighting this Boswell tobacco i was pleasantly surprised, you can taste the maple and then it gives way to a subtle vanilla to finish.

it was late fall 2008 and the tobacco was perfect for a relaxing sit in the yard, i highly recommend this in the fall months and can not speak of it any other season of the year.

(i chose unnoticeable for the room note b/c i was outside)

smokey stover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey stover (11)

Of all the Boswell blends I have tried so far this one is not one that I would heartly recommend. The room note was excellent but the taste somewhat flat. Moreover, it has a bite unlike the others. It was wet so maybe if it were to dry out a bit it would smoke smoother. Two stars is all I can give this one.

gorealestate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gorealestate (28)

I can?t say the maple flavor is very ?rich? but it is there in the background with hints of slight oak-like accents with everything coming together in just the right proportions. I couldn't really taste any vanilla.

I know this sounds ?cliché? but I would compare this to the taste of eating pancakes. As with most of Boswell?s blends, it does not bite, but does more than Boswell's other blends if smoked to fast. Very smooth smoke. The room aroma is pleasing without being overpowering. Not goopy, but burns very well. Moisture and texture are perfect. I would give this a 4 star if there was just a tad more ?maple? flavor. But definitely a 3 ½!

DakotaPeacePipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DakotaPeacePipe (33)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I confess to a personal quest for Maple flavored aromatics. Unfortunately I have not found many to my liking. This is one of the better that I have encountered. At first light one detects a distinct but not overpowering maple flavor. The maple flavor fades down the bowl but is always there at least in background. Nowhere near the maple strength of Pipeworks & Wilke?s Vermont Maple but not near as ?wet? either. I can only rate this two stars as for this smoker it had a tendency to bite.

agentlemanfromindiana Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
agentlemanfromindiana (18)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This blend seemed to be just like Early Morning Pipe by Dunhill but without the full bodied flavor and strength. In other words, it was a disappointment for me. Too mild and too much bite for me.