Naturally sweet american Black Cavendish seasoned with a touch of Latakia.

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Latakia
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full
AlexFullin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
AlexFullin (3)

A simple, straight foward tobacco. No gimmics, no frills. Nice for a morning smoke with a hot brew, its not overwhelming and very pleasent. Its one of those ones you pack when you dont know what to smoke.... Its mild and a bit too plain, the Latakia could not be found at all, at least not by me, but it really doesnt hurt the blend for its purpose.

What relationship this blend could have with Fishermen is yet unknown to me as my fishing is still lousy while smoking it.

Pipe Used: Orlik ANTIQUE

Age When Smoked: from the tin

Purchased From: Lotar, Buenos Aires , Argentina

Peterpiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Peterpiper (4)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium Pleasant

I was given a tin of this as a gift, and was slightly worried as I couldn't work out who made it, and couldn't find any info on the net about it.

In the tin I smelt an strong latika smell. Another minus for me as I haven't found any pleasure in the taste of English blends/Latika.

I decided to try it anyway, and was most surprised. It is (to me) a perfect marriage of aromatic and English. Neither is overwhelming. It smoked cool and slow, with no trace of bite and a strong, satisfying taste.

The upshot for me is that I have since decided to reopen a tin of squadron leader (which I bought based on the reviews on this site, and am now enjoying it thoroughly.

Fisherman's love has proved a gentle and rewarding first step away from aromatic blends, and I can really recommend it. In fact, I have not tried a Planta blend that I haven't really liked. The plus for me is also that Planta is easy to find here in Malaysia (for some reason) and cheap. God quality tins with a tight seal keep the flavour intact as well.

From the lack of reviews, this is clearly an unknown blend (or a disliked one!) but I have to say I loved it.

Alguhan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Alguhan (140)

I bought a tin of Fisherman's Love Premium Black just because I was very curios how a blend can contain Latakia and can be also aromatic. Well, I've found the answer.

The main body of the tastes is rounded with some sweet Virginias and just a touch of Latakia. I've expected an English smoke but the blend has also a vanilla touch. It is an easy smoking tobacco. Mild strength and really very tasty.

Will not satisfy the non-aromatic, real tobacco taste fans. But if you catch the opportunity to taste a sample don't hesitate. It is an interesting experience.

The aromatic fans must not miss this one.

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

This is a nice blend for the non-aromatic smoker who wants a change of pace. A plum and vanilla flavor which is not overwhelming, letting the underlying tobaccos shine through. OK, maybe not shine, but is not common to taste tobacco in an aromatic mixture, so that alone makes me give it 3 starts (actually, 2.5, but I'm in a good day so I'll round up).

So much for good mood, I've smoked another tin and by the end of it, the combination of Latakia and vanilla is no longer pleasant.