The same tobaccos as No.300, but flavored with blackberry brandy. It's different and mild.

Blended ByCraig Tarler
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringBrandy
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The blackberry brandy tastes pretty decent, and there are a few apricot notes. I can taste some burley as I go along, which helps make it more enjoyable. Burns well and fairly dry and a little creamy, and has a very pleasant room note. I did feel the flavors didn't work together well enough for my personal taste, but I can see that not being true for everyone. It didn't distinguish itself enough for me to give it three stars, but I'd give it two and a half if I was able.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Rated Percentage = 80%

Comment = Fruity Flavor, smokes a little hot, this just a "so - so" smoke

batdemon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
batdemon (2)

I found this to be an exceptional aromatic. The pouch aroma had a hint of berries but not overpowering. The taste was like eating fresh blackberries off the vine. There was even a hint of the green stem present. From the pouch, there was no goopyness like there is with many aromatics and can be smoked straight from the pouch but I found that about 30 min. drying time made it even better. The room note was quite plesant but not too strong. Burned fine, smoked cool all the way through. At just over the halfway point the sweetness bbecame aomewhat subdued. I would highly recommend this to aromatic lovers and would recommend it to those wanting to give aromatics a try. It is a high quality smoke, as are all of the C&D blends I have tried.

elendarsilvermoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
elendarsilvermoom (3)

This was my first foray into non-drugstore aromatics. Having smoked Captain Black Cherry and wanting to try something with a bit fuller flavor, I ordered a few ounces of this. Upon opening the bag, I was met with the candylike scent of blackberry brandy. I packed my pipe and had very little trouble lighting and keeping it lit. The berry flavor and tobacco intertwined throughout the smoke, and after leaving the room and coming back I noticed that the room was now filled with the sweet scent of this tobacco. The wife and cats agree with the scent as well, which is a definite plus when I don't feel like braving the cold winter weather to step outside for a smoke. A keeper for sure! I will definitely be ordering more of this when it's time to restock!

Tuckers Gpa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tuckers Gpa (29)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

this was the first tobacco I brought home with a Nording rusticated 1/2 bent, smoked alot of this learning how to pack and load, how to smoke cool, and how to clean and restore my pipe. Good beginner and everyday type smoke. If not pushed, smokes cool and flavorable. If pushed, becomes stinging goopy mess, both in the bowl and on your palate. so beware not to smoke this hot. She Who Must Be Obeyed likes the room note. Its ok on special occasions and late at night.

caddad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
caddad (53)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Having smoked a whole pound of C&D?s apricots and cream and finding it time to reorder, I decided to try this. I saw it was very similar to the above mentioned with the addition of blackberry brandy. This sounded great to me so I jumped on board. This is a very unique tobacco and it is very good. I did not pick out the blackberry flavor as I had hoped and found it very similar to apricots and cream, however It seems to me the burning characteristics where not quite as good with this one. It tends to go out more often and possibly burns a little quicker when you do keep it lit. I do enjoy it but when it comes time to re-order I will probably go back to the Apricots and cream. None the less , this is a super tobacco and I think you would be hard pressed to find better aromatics outside of the C&D line.

The Keeper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Keeper (112)

It is berry, it is creamy. In that C+D does not lie.

I tried this on the request from the S.O. to find a nice, "fruity smelling" tobacco. I gave this a shot on the basis of loving blackberry brandy and the occasional aromatic tobacco.

It is an exceptionally dark and smokey looking blend. The smell in the bag is right on as far as "candy aromatic" but void of chemicals like most mass produced blends. There is a liquor sweetness that creeps into the flavor, but is mostly present in the aroma. The wafting white smoke is sure to please most bystanders. Though I avoid fumigating animals I've found that oddly enough, my dog loves the scent. He actually has tried to snatch the smoke in his mouth. I naturally do not encourage this.

There is the underlay of earthy and grassy burly and cavendish. This through out the smoke is the predominant taste with the sweets peeking in. Berries and Cream hasn't yet developed into that "nasty burly" bitterness even at the end of the bowl and it is a cool draw, though I do recommend stopping while ahead and not taxing the tobacco toward the end of the smoke.

I do think that you must like aromatics for this one. It isn't quite like some of the more subtle aromatics that can achieve a cross-over appeal. However if you like a dessert tobacco, this one is high quality and well blended. I'll finish off what I've got, but may stick with slightly more savory blends that seem to coincide with my current tastes.