Golden Virginias are combined with Perique and Izmir Turkish for a delicious and memorable flake
tobacco.

Blended ByCraig Tarler
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Packaging2oz Tin
Strength
Taste

Another beautiful broken flake, this one with a very heavy scent of Izmir. Loaded easily in rubbed out form or nearly as easily folded and stuffed.

Looking at the reviews, I wonder if A) the tobacco blend in my tin was not Sunday Picnic at all, or B) if there is some QC problem at C&D, causing the review scores to deteriorate. My impression was that the oriental flavor was considerably too weighty, too overblown. The perique could have been amped up somewhat and the virginias tasted positively burley-ish... very dusty and murky and with very, very little sweetness. Nic content was high. I seriously wonder if the VA in this one was actually burley. No golden va sweetness, not even the tang or grass or hay usuals. This was deep and cloudy and cigarette-ish.

I'm saving the rest of the tin and my 2nd one to see how aging treats this blend. As it stands, two stars is a gift, and I can't help but wonder if the tin is holding the correct blend. I've had this happen before with C&D. Just doesn't taste like a predominately virginia blend.

Captain bob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Captain bob (38)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

From the moment I popped the tin, I knew I was in for a real treat. I love Virginia's and I smoke Two Friends-Heritage in my regular rotation. Well, this is different. It is a Flake. With a hurried rub and fold, I quickly packed it in the bowl and did a charring light. Awesome, I thought! Smoked it right down to the bottom. I was surprised that I had no necessity to re-light, as I did not take the time it deserves to rub out, fold and gently pack. I was in a big hurry to smoke this blend.

Smooth, dry, cool smoking, tasty Virginia with the compliment of Turkish and Perique. Perhaps it has a touch of honey to enhance the sweetness. Certainly a no-bite, pleasant, irresitable smoke of mild character and it was very pleasing to the bottom of the bowl. This pipe had been smoked a few times already today and I was surprised the bowl was absolutely dry at the conclusion of this smoke. As soon as the bowl cooled, I was filling it up again. This is really good tobacco.

Moisture in the tin was ideal. I don't like having to dry tobacco. Picnic burns beautifully and its presentation from tin to smoke shows the skill and excellence in preparation of this blend that I have come to expect from Craig Tarler. It is pressed and sliced into perfect portions.

This Golden VA is one you can really enjoy sniffing in the tin. I may just take the tin into a non-smoking environment and sniff it where I can't smoke it! It's really that good. If you like a VA Flake, you don't want to miss this one!

panduji68 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
panduji68 (22)
Medium to Strong None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The tobacco looked very attractive with a very nice tin note as well. It rubbed out easily, packed effortlessly and took light with ease.

The first quarter of the pipe was a bit on the harsh/sharp side. Probably the Virginias, but lacking the sweetness I was expecting. It actually felt more like a Burley based smoke initially. I didn't get much of the Perique either. Halfway through the bowl, she calmed down and mellowed out, with the Perique becoming subtly apparent, and a slight sweetness making an appearance along with a very nice nutty flavor. Toward the end of the bowl, the Perique really shined, ever so slightly spicy and just right.

Had the entire smoke been like the first quarter, I would have given it about one and one half stars. Perhaps some aging would eliminate the harshness I experienced initially. After the smoke settled down, it was quite enjoyable with more than a few flavors bouncing around the palate. It smoked quite cool, with zero dottle, but I did feel a very slight tongue bite when finished.

All in all a pleasant smoke made with quality tobaccos. It has just the right amount of nicotine in my opinion to elicit a relaxed mood, and a desire to smoke it whilst perched in a leather recliner as opposed to an all day smoke.

It will not be going into my rotation, but I can definitely see it as an occasional revisit when I open my cellar and want something different. Nice tobacco, this.

Update: I let this one dry out a bit in the tin, got zero tongue bite this time around, but it did seem to dry my mouth out. As mentioned in many other reviews, definitely the hay aroma and flavor going on (quite pleasant actually) with a bit more sweetness than when first tried. This one appears to be growing on me a bit.

Update again: After even more time in the tin, this smoke is steadily grabbing my affections. I find myself alternating it occasionally with my McClelland's Blackwoods Flake which is saying a lot. This is a superior blend and worthy of mention. I have just ordered an 8 ounce tin and extend a bravo and a handshake to Craig Tarler the blender of this outstanding offering. Upgraded to 4 solid stars! Amazing... As Craig Tarler has apparently passed away and left us at the age of 82, I hope he has shared his craft with a worthy study who will continue the fine tradition and art of blending.

cgar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cgar (37)

I bought a tin of this almost 2 years ago and ever since it has been throwing the easy going of a sunday picnic at me every time I visit my baccy cellar. Once opened I found the baccy to be perfect in moisture and presented beautifully. After rubbing out slightly it took two matches to light up and burned strait down leaving a fine gray ash. This is one of those smokes that I can't just put my finger on exactly. I picked up the hay, sweetness with a bit of spice here and there. Nothing was over powering just a fine balance with a little complexity that will keep you coming back for more. The nicotine was their but not over powering for me, and I experienced 0 tongue bite. Overall SP is one that I will keep on hand at all times and it very well could be an all day smoke.

I really wanted to experience what others have said about this tobacco, but I can't. Maybe it's chemistry, maybe it's technique, but this just burns so hot and spicy that I can't enjoy this tobacco. My story started about 6 months ago when I purchased my first tin and had a few bowls, these were hot. I resealed the tin ( tip: try a hot glue gun to seal your tins) . After 6 months, I just tried a few more bowls from a cob after allowing 2 hours of drying, still spicy hot. I couldn't sip this any slower, ended up at a 1 1/2 hour pipe of "Tobassco". I've enjoyed many Vapers and have not had trouble with Perique before. I had the same bad experience with Pease's "Odyssey"( took a year of cellaring to finally love that one) Has anyone else experienced this?( maybe reviewers "Katharsis", "Jason" below)? I can't give this a high review,although it looks like quality tobacco, sorry

Updated 6/8/12- This tin now has almost two years on it and it has smoothed out and is very flavorful. It still has some spice with the first half of the bowl and I feel it smokes better fully dried , but I will move this to 3 stars.

Katharsis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Katharsis (39)

Not sure what the big deal is with this one. Granted, I've only tried a few VaPers so far, but this just seems too dry and harsh for the flavor that IS good in it, even if I sip it slow.

EDIT: On a much later second run, this stuff ain't so bad after all. Upgraded to 3/4.

EDIT: On later runs, it's still good, but I've had better VA/Or/Per blends. There's a certain nasal note that I can't pinpoint, but it's just weirds me out. It also just doesn't seem to agree with me for some reason. 2/4 final

If you're like me in your feelings for this blend, but still want to have a VA/Or/Per blend, then try McClelland's PCCA Tudor Castle. It's fantastic. Nothing against Sunday Picnic -- it just doesn't agree with me.

Latakia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Latakia (67)

Beautiful flake when opening the can. Moist but crumbles nicely. The Izmir gives it a nice blend when added to the VA and perique. I like it for a Va-based tobacco. I still like more of a latakia punch but this blend is a nice change of pace. Will smoke this alongside Solani Yellow (and a new one I got but haven't tried yet...MacBaren's Navy Flake) to see which flake comes out ahead. For now, a nice smooth smoke that burns nicely.

Second review: Tried this blend on an almost empty stomach and found it to have a real nicotine punch. I liked it but still prefer some latakia. Recommend a small pipe that can give the flakes a nice burn without giving too much smoke at once.

Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

I tried this one last spring, and it was excellent. I smoked the tin in record time, but did not order more right away-there are lots of good tobaccos out there. I just got another tin (2 oz, sent to me in error when I ordered a pound, but the seller is correcting the mistake). It tastes, insofar as I can recall, just as good, maybe a little more sweetness to it, but the main difference is that while the first tin contained a perfectly molded flake along the lines of Erinmore (I love that style!), this is more of a semi-broken, easily rubbed out flake. Since Sunday Picnic is a four star tobacco for me in either form, this is not a big deal. I still prefer the formed flake just for aesthetic reasons. Lovely aroma in the tin and in the pipe, burns well whether sipped or puffed heavily, and a fine mixture of flavors with the high quality Virginia predominating. I'm going to enjoy my pound whatever form it arrives in-maybe I'll get lucky and get the perfect flake version! Highly recommended!

Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I am smoking through a large sample of this using a GBD Prehistoric Pot. This is good, and I am enjoying it. It tastes like mild Turkish base with Virginia to fill it out. The perique is a applied with a light hand, and it does not contribute much to the signature. There is no doubt this is made with quality tobaccos, but it does not punch my buttons. I don't detect any topping at all. I may warm up to it, and sometimes a blend of this sort benefits from a dedicated pipe. I could smoke this every day, but I am not likely to buy a tin.

Mochzky Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mochzky (6)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

At first glance, I was attracted to the name Sunday Picnic, the sound of it, and also to the picture on the tin that seems to convey a jolly mood and a merry tune. And I bought it. I expected some gorgeousness in taste and note, but nothing gorgeous strikes me. SP failed my images. Yet, I was not disappointed with its contents.

The first kick is a rather sourish taste that asserts itself on the palate and a piquant smell that attacks the nostrils. Himalayan lemon and Penja black pepper. A nice mélange of Perique and Izmir. By the mid-bowl, the smoke gets silky mild, and the first arrogant sourness goes away, leaving a slightly stinging sensations in the nostrils and on the palate. I love this sharp tangy taste and high-key in note that SP provides. I am ready to buy one more tin. Next time I get one, I will leave it for a while as I think I need to let it age to relish its full-bodied SP, as some reviewers suggested (TX for Info).

Radagast_The_Brown Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Radagast_The_Brown (1)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant

This didn't strike me as anything special...As mentioned in other reviews, it carries the taste of hay. I can't really see myself purchasing or smoking this again.

Blue Bayou Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blue Bayou (59)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

Flat slices to rub out. Nothing special to my palate. Notes of hay.

hypr-aktiv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hypr-aktiv (6)

Can't go wrong with this one, dry it out for a few hours or overnight, rub it out, pack and enjoy. Excellent!

Gaining some experience by "trialing by error" with C&D, I would like to share my impressions when it comes to approaching C7D and G.L. Pease blends. As for Exhausted Rooster, I tested a brand new 2 oz tin of SP, then I let the other one age for over a year before opening. The results are dramatically different. The brand new tin offered a tabacco that was way too wet, had a harsh taste, didn't taste much and bite like a SOB. I can't say that I enjoyed it. But with the second one, I was facing a totally different ball game. The VA, Izmir and Per had time to adhere together, revealing a gorgeous mixture of sweetness, spiciness and smokininess that was thouroughly enjoyable. As with ER, this is a rather rich, tasty and strong tobacco that is pleasant if you like a good level of nicotine.

derlict311 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
derlict311 (65)
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Sunday Picnic is sweet, tangy and has one heck of a nicotine hit. I went through the tin in just a couple days but I couldn't shake the strength. So strong, in fact, it takes away from some of the enjoyment. This may not really matter to many, but to me it would be even better if it was two clicks lighter in strength. Oh well, solid anyway. Maybe age will do it some justice. I currently have another six year old tin waiting for the right moment.

Update: Finished the old tin of this. Recommend.

CoolPilot Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CoolPilot (62)

Having read all these positive opinions, I bought a 50g can of this tobacco. Good stuff, it went in a few days, and I have still no clear ideas about it. So I bought another tin, to make a deeper aquaintance with Sunday Picnic. Unfortunately, after a few days the tin was empty again! So I got the third tin, and this time with no doubts I could be sure it is a good tobacco. The problem with Sunday Picnic is that the 50g are keen on disappearing automagically, or the tin has an hole in it which I cannot spot. Otherwise I wouldnt explain why the tobacco vanishes so quickly.

This said.. I have smoked several tins of this tobacco. I would define it a "full smoke", very rich in taste, spicy, linear from beginning to the end, tobacco will burn to white ashes entirely. I remind, there is no latakia here. The oriental Izmir Turkish is complementary to the perique, rounding the taste and making the virginia literally shine. It is one of the best tobacco I have ever smoked, and I tested more than 200 so far. This is memorable, and the fact it is so good explains why once you have open the tin you will smoke it bowl after bowl without feeling the need to rotate.

It is not a mild tobacco, on the contrary it is certainly tasteful and medium strong. I could not find a similar tobacco among those I have smoked. Many Virginia Perique blends are excellent, like Dunhill DeLuxe or Davidoff , but this is just another story, so much better.

I smoke it in the pipe I keep for VaPer blends. It is excellent also in corncobs ! It comes in broken flakes, but I strongly suggest you do rub it, rolling it with fingers until it is well rubbed and more "broken", and simply plug it in the bowl. It does not need to be relighted once burning, if rolled correctly.

Pipe Used: Lubinski OpusOne

Wellpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wellpipe (48)

My idea of a Sunday Picnic is sweet pickles, carrot sticks, cucumber salad, potato salad, cold fried chicken, a nice bottle of sparkling white wine (not too sweet), a piece of pie to top things off, and my sweetheart to share it all with.

This blend did not deliver all of these particular flavors BUT it does consistently deliver a very elegant treat to the palate across the spectrum of sweet (matured VA) and spicy, all WONDERFULLY balanced and delicious from the top of the bowl to the bottom. Rub out gently, pack inverted and let rest for a few hours (the day before is best) before firing up.

This is a prince of a blend and deserving of all the stars possible. Keep some on hand. Highly recommended.

Medium None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I really enjoyed this blend. I think it worthy of the four star rating it is currently carrying. do think that this would be better in a dedicated pipe however as it is susceptible to tasting a little like the last thing you smoked even when the last thing you smoked is not something known for ghosting of pipes. This is why i have put the taste at mild.

robinbj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
robinbj (5)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend is very similar to a blend my Grandfather smoked years ago. The room note is sweet and tangy, with a linger of campfire mixed with prunes (very subtle). Im used to lots of stinkier tobacco blends and this was nice for me, my car mate today though didn't seem to like it (shes a non-smoker).

The flavor is very well blended, the VA poked its head out halfway through the bowl, after the second lighting. The flake was well humidified, and straight after opening I lit up, and was in love.

This is a VAPER that you will love, and its not terribly over bearing.

I hear a lot of the slight Nic kick people are getting, I wasn't affected.

Its about 85 deg and 90% humidity out today, and even so the blend still was calming and peaceful. I will be smoking this often and enjoying every bit of it. As soon as I let the tobacco age a bit and breathe, Ill update for sure.

The tin note is Prune/ Plum sweet with a bit of smoke.

Please note though! I was a bit weary of trying this blend after reading the reviews. I didn't want to have a Nic headache at work. Boy am I glad I tried it!

Please, never be afraid of trying something new. The worst that can happen is you don't like it, store it up and try again later down the road. Tobacco does change over time and who knows, maybe the once broken relationship flowers to be a wonderful romance.

Happy Smoking everyone!

Tylerg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tylerg (4)
Strong Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant

I like the flavor. Not very strong, about medium or less. A little bit of a nic kick that i did not enjoy, but other than that it was enjoyable

Tomas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tomas (2)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium Tolerable to Strong

3 year old tin. First opening the tin it smells heavily of fig, but it settles with airing out and drying into a very nice sweet tobacco smell similar to dried apricot. I do not think that these are added - this is natural tobacco and the changing aromas over time confirm that for me.

Very fluffy, moist flakes that need little rubbing out - they fluff out on their own, but need lots of drying.

Nice natural golden VA sweetness through the first 3/4 bowl with occasional hints of Perique. At the end of the bowl, a mellow Perique spiciness comes in with less sweet nuttiness. Didn't really notice the Izmir, although it probably blends in nicely and adds backbone to the high VA sweetness and earthy-spicy Perique.

Nicotine is not too strong here, just right for most times of day. This is one of my favorites and the quality leaf and blending is evident.

Ehrling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ehrling (61)

I acquired a tin of this blended flake back in late 2010 (it was tinned in January of that year). I opened the tin in January 2011 and I smoked it every now and again over the course of the year. Now it's January 2012 and though I would say that the flake has mellowed and improved slightly, it does not quite merit a 3-star rating.

As Mr. Big noted in his review, this blend does display a tendency to smoke a bit on the HOT side and it can be just slightly sharp too, even when properly dried. I believe that the Virginia element is simply too raw--it needs further processing (stoving or aging). There is just a hint of sweetness and I have come to expect more from a good Virginia. The Perique and Oriental components appear to be blended in about the proper proportions in relationship to the Virginia. Overall a decent blend, but I believe that it could be refined and improved.

JasonDicker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JasonDicker (22)
Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

Sunday Picnic was an instant classic for me, becoming one of my all-time favorite blends! This is one of the most delicious & enjoyable tobaccos you'll ever find. Burns cool & even with a wonderfully mellow VA/Turkish sweetness. I can't get enough of this blend. Strangely, I find myself returning to this every Sunday afternoon... :-)

Vaper lovers look no further.

Davie Jones Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Davie Jones (61)

I was told more than once, as I absolutely love Exhausted Rooster, that I would love Sunday Picnic as well. I must admit that it surprised me a bit at first, considering that Exhausted Rooster is a VA - BU - DFK and Sunday Picnic, a VA - OR - PER... How could people compare these two totally different tobaccos? And assure me that I would love Sunday Picnic as well??? Anyway, after reflecting on these comments for a while, I finally decided to order a couple 2 oz tins of it so I could find out for myself. When I opened the tin last night, its aroma - oddly - somehow reminded me of ER, but in a much less pungent way. There was also faint raisin and hay undernotes. The colour of the flakes, though, is different. As where ER has medium brown with some darker leaf, SP displays a range from golden brown to very dark brown. SP is similar to ER in that, once the flakes are partially rubbed out, it smokes as slowly as ER. But SP has a very different taste than ER, there is no possible comparison between the two. SP reveals a combination of grassy/hay notes from the Golden VA, that becomes slightly sweet past half bowl; a spicy touch from the Izmir that remains throughout the bowl; and the peppery characteristic of the fermented PER that started showing up after the first quarter of the bowl. The Vitamine N dose, I must say, is more than satisfactory, making SP a very satisfying smoke. Don't puff too hard though, because it will then bite because of the fair proportion of Golden VA. I believe that, with a bit of aging, this flake will become very interesting in 2 or 3 years from now. So, you must be asking yourselves, does he love it, or not? Yes, I do! Not as much as ER, but the addition of some Izmir brings a new dimension to the classic mixture of VA with PER. ;-)

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)

Destined to be a HOF tobacco. Tin aroma is sweet and sour, with a slight mustiness. I opened this tin in 6/07 to age, and smoked a few bowls since. This flake is only getting better.

Packing and lighting can test your patience, however you will be rewarded with a sweet and tangy flavor that always pleases. The perique and Turkish add just the right undertones to this near perfect blend.

My advice: Stock up and cellar. 4 years of age has done this right.

hockey01 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hockey01 (28)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

Ahhh, Sunday afternoon. You in your pink sun hat and dress, me in my shirtsleeves, braces, and my floppy white hat. A lovely picnic is spread before us: fruit, a nice bottle of Sancerre, olives and cheese. Tenderly you feed me an olive as I smoke my pipe and we let the day go by sans souci.

"Do you like my orange roadster?" I ask.

"It's very sporty, dear," she replies, "although I didn't think you liked high- impact colors like orange."

"I've changed. You've changed me. I feel....so alive!"

Other reviewers have extolled the wonderful tin aroma of figs and grass; the room note is nothing to write home about; but the taste, while a little strong for a Sunday afternoon picnic in June, is delightfully spicy with a full mouth of tobacco flavor and is highly recommended.

"More wine, my dear?"

Tom Servo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Servo (58)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The tin aroma on this one is brilliant and balanced. Tangy new mown hay, sweet overripe figs, warm raisins in buttered oatmeal, moderate Perique presence, spicy, pancake batter, malt extract, dried lemon zest, cocoa powder. All balanced as perfectly as the one-legged winner of an ass kicking contest. I would love to be in the blending room at C&D when this stuff is being made.

I light this stuff up and it blows me away. The Golden Virginia is sweet and tangy, lemon grass and hot cereal. With just enough Perique, and the Turkish tobacco's sweet, salt-air flavor, It's different, it's delicious. Complex and just darn tasty.

Definitely one of my new favorites. If I could give it 5-Stars I would.

Johnny River Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Johnny River (17)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

I normally like to wait a while before reviewing a blend but this one jumped out at me as having all the things I like about a tobacco. Sunday Picnic is a quality, flake tobacco that has that C&D "spongy" feel to it. It needs a tad drying out before packing, then lights easily and produces plenty of quality smoking pleasure. It reminds me of Dunhill's Early Morning - but better (less harsh). Previous reviewers do a better job than I at describing the taste, but the components listed in the tin description are exactly what you'll experience when you try this blend. I have a feeling this is going to be a big seller and hopefully be around a long time for us to enjoy.

Big H Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big H (9)

Great Cornell and Diehl product. I have to describe this tobacco in stages because it changed so quickly. Upon first opening the tin, I found moist golden brown to dark brown flakes. The tin smelled of rich tobacco. The smoke was straight forward single note tobacco taste, but pleasant and rich with a short finish. The room note reminded me of the Camel cigarettes my father smokes, except not as stale but tolerable. Sounds bad, I know. That was the Turkish blend dominating.

After just a few weeks the tin note smelled more of figs and a subtle smell of prunes. I would open the tin at times just to inhale the aroma. As a I smoked this 2 week old tin it had become more complex with a longer finish. Virginia tobaccos were in the forefront, the Turkish blended into the back for the finish with a touch of pepper from the Perique. It tasted of fruit, maybe fig or prunes and a subtle sweetness that wasn't there before.

A month later, It had changed again. I know, just a month. I couldn't place the tin aroma but then it struck me. It smelled like bread with a hint of dried fig. The smoke was now even more complex, smoother than before, and rich with flavors of leather, dried grass, wood, mild pepper, and a mildly sweet grassy long finish. Room note had not changed. If you like Va's this is worth a try.

ap Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ap (53)
Medium None Detected Full Tolerable

This is a spicy and robust VaPer rounded in a brilliant way by the Oriental leaf. A genius blend.

M.Toney Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
M.Toney (53)
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

Excellent blend. Tastes great, burns well & supplies enough Vitamin N to satisfy. Gets better with age as do most blends. The combination of tobaccos work well together to deliver one of the tastiest blends of this genre. Gets smoother as the first 1/3 burns off. Doesn't get much better than this. Needless to say, C&D are "crafty" blenders. Many fine blends circulating. I like their Simply Elegant series and have a few pounds stashed.

Rikowrites Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rikowrites (11)
Mild Very Mild Medium Pleasant

This is a winning blend from C&D. Upon popping the tin, I got a subtle grassy VA aroma. The flakes are somewhat broken so I folded a few and started my charring light. I had to relight a few times so I decided to rub the flakes out for subsequent smokes and that worked very well. The taste is sweet and savory on the palate with no hint of tongue bite or any bitterness. Give Sunday Picnic a go if you are searching for a world class VA/PER with well balanced Izmir Turkish as a condiment.

zulujerk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zulujerk (134)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

On my initial look, Sunday Picnic's contents seemed mostly similar to Embarcadero--Virginias and Smyrna, or Izmir (depending on your preference), in a flake form. I haven't tried Embarcadero and was thinking about it until I compared the reviews. Sunday Picnic had a wealth of praise, even more than Embarcadero, which I decided to push back to a later time.

I should say that this was my first experience with the newer C&D flakes (the much older Bayou Morning Flake was an early, favorite smoke), and they do it differently, which I like. The thick flakes look beautiful lined up in the protective sleeve, their squarish shape perfectly sized to the C&D two ounce tin. It's a very light press, and they fall apart easily upon handling, reminiscent of Penzance. I can't say whether C&D flakes will get firmer over time, but it's a welcome change, and it's nice to see something other than a ribbon or a compressed ribbon crumble cake. My only complaint would be the paper insert, which embeds little white shards in the tobacco, and can be a pain to fish out of the flakes. I noticed that the newer Samuel Gawith tins also have this problem, and it's annoying.

This blend has some strength to it, though not quite overpowering, certain to give you a nic jolt in a larger bowl. It's rather sweet, though not so much as McClelland's Tudor Castle, another blend that does the Virginia/Turkish/Perique combo very well (and the first to get me on this mix). I've found the Perique there more for power than taste, and having missed its inclusion while reading the tin description, had a bit of an "ahah!" moment while scouring the reviews. The components are enough to vary the flavor through the smoke, beginning with familiar hay-like notes, and deepening as the sugars caramelize into a toasty, slow burning explosion of complimentary flavors, the Turkish leaf contributing a bit of spiciness, but mostly restrained.

Now, with my Sunday Picnic finished, I'm off to Union Square, and I suspect there will be more stops down the line.

Five of Five.

Demetri Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Demetri (83)

When I popped the lid on my tin of Sunday Picnic I found that the flakes had already broken into 3/16 to 1/4 inch strands and these were still a bit moist. I found it smoked best when I let a loaded pipe sit out in the air for 45 minutes or so.

As I normally smoke C&D Bayou Morning as a first smoke of the day I was expecting a VaPer experience - classic Va and Perique with some Turkish notes. What I got at first light was a blend in which all three components seemed in equally weighed roles. I did not expect that as that is what I assessed sibling blend Red Carpet to be a VAPer with the Izmir in condiment quantity.

If a pipe blend could be considered food, Sunday Picnic would be gourmet fare. It is aptly named as both elegant and worthy of leisurely Sunday afternoon enjoyment. While Red Carpet with its Red VAs is sweet, Sunday Picnic with its Golden VAs is a robust VAPer with the initial taste reminding me of blend containing a Thracian rather than something from Smyrna. But what do I know? I got a taste of well-cured Kalamata olives (which I love).

This is a wonderful offering obviously blended by someone who loves his art. I can only handle this a once or twice a week however. Not that it is bad, it is great. But it for me at least requires the respect of full attention and unrushed enjoyment. I will be buying more if that helps this stumbling review.

Alguhan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Alguhan (140)

This one is one of the best blends I've tried so far in this year. The tin aroma is robust and inviting at first seen. The Izmir leaf is spicy as usual and much enjoyable. Perique adds a great and echilibrated strongness to the blend. Smokes cool, burns very well. This rich and complex blend offers sometimes a fig like aroma, in another bowl of smoke you'll enjoy the fine, spicey oriental, and sometimes the sweet Virginias. A must try for all spicey/sweet blend lovers.

russ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
russ (24)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

When I reach for a tobacco that has no latakia this is the one. The golden VA's along with the perique, and izmer turkish oriental provides a truly wonderful experience. I love how this stuff smells in the tin. I love even more how it was when I lit it up. It truly is a tobacco that I reserve for my weekend Sunday laid back kind of time. I smoke it on a regular basis when I want a break from my blends that have latakia. Although I absolutely love latakia blends there are many times I desire to smoke a blend without it. For me this is it. As the picture on the tin shows--I HIGHLY recommend a pipe, and a tin of "Sunday Picnic" with your butt parked under a shade tree on a Sunday afternoon to enjoy a little relaxation. Take short easy puffs on your pipe with this stuff, and you will appreciate a mild tobacco that when lit up, and smoked slowly will allow you the pleasure of picking it apart as you smoke it. This is another tobacco that I keep at the top of my list of must smoke tobaccos.

Pike Mopers III Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pike Mopers III (6)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium Tolerable

Quite a powerful smoke! One of the first VaPers I've tried and I'm quite impressed. Sometimes I make the mistake of packing a bowl of this when I'm not willing to take the time to relax with it. It has quite the tongue bite if you get too hasty, which I have a habit of doing sometimes. All in all it's a pleasant smoke and the tobacco is a very nice consistency for packing/lighting/etc. A little wet out of the tin, though. This is my first flake and I look forward to many more in my future! Certainly this will remain a favorite.

risle-lariviere Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
risle-lariviere (33)
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant

The main difference in this blend from other VAPER's in general is the way the Turkish plays a definite role in the balance of this blend and the way you can play with the strenght of the perique in particular by rubbing it or stuffing it in the pipe as is.I know this sounds funny but stuffed the perique was strong as to make me sneeze a lot while rubbed it was smoother. So i played with it until i found i prefered one stuffed flake with a crumbled one on top of it to be the most satisfying way for me .This is something i didn't encountered in other VAPER's.

A Great smelling, tasting,smoking flake which has now his own place in my cellar.

ivycap Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ivycap (63)
Strong None Detected Very Full Tolerable to Strong

Very robust spicy/sweet flavor. Very well aged flakes with plenty of perique. High Nicotine content. Smells raison-like in the tin. Strong room note. This stuffs not for sissies.

Medium Extremely Mild Medium Very Pleasant

I do enjoy the spicy flavor of the famous Oriental Izmir leaf. Taken with a dose of Perique and Virginia in this blend, it is simply awesome!

This cool burning blend will pack some punch without jackhammering the palate. It also has a nice sweet, "herbal" type undertone.

A true bell ringer in my book!

Matt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matt (14)

Recently Ive taken a liking to this Vir/Per blend. It rubs out easier than most other flakes Ive tried. The moister level was good. Upon smoking the virginia comes through well, then I cant be sure what I taste next whether its the turkish or perique but I like what followed.

jvande7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jvande7 (15)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

I don't care for this stuff. It's too spicy for me. I think I'm tasting some orientals? Whatever it is, it doesn't agree with me. Makes me sneeze like crazy and is just not what I look for in a tobacco. Tin smells like spicy Mexican candies when first opened, which is pretty cool. Too bad I didn't like it. I traded it to a friend for some Reiner Long Golden Flake (#71) which I very much prefer. The only person I would recommend this to is one who enjoys a SPICY smoke. Not for me. Try Reiner LGF instead, it's a superior VaPer.

ProdigalWeb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ProdigalWeb (18)

This is good stuff. Upon opening the tin, I got the usual aromas of aged and fermented Virginias: definite aromas of ripe raisins and figs. But there was another aroma I can't put my finger on. I'm assuming its the odor of fermenting Perique and Izmir. I'll pay attention to other similar blends and see if I detect the same aroma. But regardless of what exactly it is, it's rich and complex just as I like it. Upon initial lighting, the taste of the Virginias is noticeable like you would expect. But about a third of the way into the bowl, I start to get a definite taste that is very much like that elusive aroma from the tin. I can only assume that it's the combination of the Perique and Izmir. Again, this taste is something I like very much.

Mister Moo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mister Moo (11)

I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying Sunday Picnic. It is a quality flake made from fine tobaccos. There was nothing actually bad about this unique blend. And it is unique, there not being another searched blend that shares the characteristics of perique, turkish and virginia but no latakia. It smoked almost identically from a cob, briars and a meer.

Here's what I thought was good about it: it demonstrates why every other blend of izmir and virginia has latakia. While it's interesting and flavorful at the top it lacks depth and dimension at the bottom to harmonize the stuff. It felt... stretched. It is like wearing a silk suit, silk tie and fine leather shoes without shirt and socks. According to the many 4-star ratings I am one of the few not hoping for more versions of this novel combination.

Mild to Medium None Detected Mild Tolerable

Sunday Picnic is a complex smoke that sometimes behaves as a spiced VaPer and sometimes as a toned-down oriental. Sweet and subtle, with no tongue bite and even burning for a delightful experience.

The only drawback I've found, and it's probably very personal and subjetive, it's a lack of consistency among different pipes. While some of them delivered a deep and subtle smoke, others felt just bland and dull. But all in a all is a great mixture that deserves being tried.

Traderbob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Traderbob (24)

Good clean, nutty scent when opening the tin. Not too strong, sort of reminds me of pecan trees. This was my first experience with flake tobacco that has be cut in strips. Tobacco was slightly moist and very fresh out of the tin. I like this moisture level and did not dry or air at all before smoking.

Strips were a little tough to roll and loosen compared to my standard MB Burley. I packed this a little too tightly in my bowl (a Lorenzo Bent) and had to loosen with my tool before lighting. First light to char, then tamped down lightly.

Nutty, smooth smoke and burned evenly. About 1/2 the way through the bowl I tamped and relit. Smooth, pleasant smoke with no bite. I found it much milder than my MB Burley.

A good smoke that I will keep in my rotation and recommend to others. This one is especially good for new pipe smokers.

karnevil9 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
karnevil9 (17)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

Had to scrap my original review. I gave this a second try after 4 month and maybe it was the pipe I used, but this is really good. Doesn't pack all that well but it does have a nice taste. Burns well. Another excellent blend from the people at C&D.

Mike Toney Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mike Toney (44)
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Oh my! One could picnic every day with this blend. The sweetness of VA, the tartness of Perique & the mildness of Turkish leaf meld together to form a very satisfying smoke. Glad I bought two tins. Contents are plug slices and packaged like little bacon strips. Sorry I can't describe the tin aroma, but it is similar to that of other VA/Per blends with a little something extra. Tart, tangy...a bit musty. Dried it out to proper smoking moisture, rolled it, stoked, puffed a few times and let it sit a short while. This DGT...Delayed Gratification Technique works well with this VA blend as it seems to with all VA blends. Smoked cool & didn't bite. Nicotine content seemed just right for me & I feel it would satisfy anyone striving for that satisfying, end result. My compliments to the "chef." This blend will certainly be one of my mainstays as well as for cellaring. Looking forward to what develops with a little age. It's obvious that quality leaf was used & a good blend like this is certain to become better with age...maybe even legendary? Only time will tell. I'm looking forward to sampling other C&D blends. This one is a "Grand Slam" and therefore, IMHO, Sunday Picnic merits four **s+!

vincenzo peruggia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vincenzo peruggia (13)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

It was one of those I"ll try this tin for a change senario"s ; and they rarely work out for me so I was very happy when mid way through the bowl what I can only assume wqs the izmir turkish came through! I have tried many virginia periques some of them quality products they just didn:t make it for me or not to my taste. This one does it for me; even you hardcore virginia purist will find something to like about this one!Vincenzo will keep this on hand in fact i will revisit some of those old va-pers and look for new ones to see if there are any more jewels like this one out there! Gosh I love this obsession.....vincenzo

Fat Rat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fat Rat (4)

Oh, now we're talking! No in depth analysis here. This is just great stuff. An easy smooth cool sweetish smoke that just takes you to that happy place.... I gotta go!

BriarChef Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarChef (100)

For those of us geezers old enough, and lucky enough, to have known Barry Levin and his Turkish Woods Flake, this wonderful Golden Virginia flake is a blast from the past.

A wee bit damp out of the tin, but no effort to dry to perfect condition for the bowl (pipe, not toilet or salad). A light touch in the loading phase and in tamping, and you are rewarded with a sweet, tangy, smooth Virginia journey with the Turkish leaf sticking its nose in where it belongs. Boy, does it belong! The Perique performs nicely as a bite retardant, but doesn't assert or insert itself where it's not welcome...just a wee tickle here and there...no bayou blast, no "BAM" or other over the top blessings by St. James. Just perfect seasoning.

I bought a few pounds to cellar, but they were, once again, destroyed by a tragic fire. Mostly in a HUGE Upshall Canadian. "If at first you don't succeed" and all that other advice....

You don't have to wait for Sunday to try these nicely prepared flakes. Although moister than my preference from the tin, with modest drying, a cool, dry smoke without any bite resulted. The sweet Golden VAs were complemented but not overpowered by the Turkish as the smoke progressed past mid bowl. I missed the Perique but most of the VA/Pers that I smoke are more heavily loaded and this was a nice change. Give it try.

Packer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Packer (56)

After decideing to try some offerings from C&D I bought 6 of thier Va. blends. There was not a bad one in the lot. Briar Fox is wonderful..........a favorite now. Sunday Picnic is every bit as good. Upon opening the tin of SP I am met with a wonderful light sweet aroma. The tobacco is a little moist for my taste. After a little drying time, and a full rub out I find that this blend packs, lights, and smokes GREAT! It has become one of my TOP 5 blends. I bought 8 tins to consume now and to cellar. The only problem I have had so far with this fine blend is leaving it in the cellar to age......I may never know if cellaring will improve this already superb blend. Oh well...such is life. Rate

mo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mo (78)

I have become a fan of C&D blends since being introduced to them by a very good friend. My first C&D was Briar Fox and I was sold right from the first bowl.

I recieved a very generous sample from another friend in Canada ( people like sending me C&D blends it seems, im not complaining LOL) and it has been lying in my closet for a few months. I have been looking for something new to try and found this.

This is a classic example of a blend done RIGHT. The base tobacco is Virginia and the Turkish and Perique are there to support and enhance that wonderfull taste.

I found the taste to be creamy and delicious with enough VitN for this smoker. I could barely detect the Turkish and Perique which makes this a great blend as they are condimental parts.

C&D blends are very good and i enjoy them very much

Mo,South Africa

Nojoqui Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nojoqui (28)

I have to agree with the others that this is, if not the best, one of the best flakes I've ever smoked. What a surprise for buying this on a whim to try something new. I've smoked a variety of either straight Virginia or Virginia/Perique flakes for a number of years. The Oriental component perked up my senses. After smoking Sunday Picnic I was most encouraged how it perked up my taste buds. Most of the Virginia/Perique flakes I smoke have a considerable emphasis on the Perique. Good examples of this are Haddo's Delight and, another Cornell & Diehl blend, Bayou Morning (flake or regular). Perique plays very little part in Sunday Picnic. I don't detect a lot of it's presence. On lighting up, the immediate taste is the Golden Virginia. This lasts about a third of the way down. Then the Orientals seem to kick in for most of the smoke, with a little sweetness from the Virginia. I can taste a little Perique toward the bottom, but not much. It is so delicious that it doesn't matter. I like this in a medium sized bowl. However, in any case it never gets hot, smokes dry, and leaves me with the satisfaction that only my favorite blends (regardless of classification) leave me. I could smoke this all day. I think this is a bit more moist than the majority of blends from C&D. As I am becoming a real fan of Cornell & Diehl "dryness" this is not a problem. It rubs out easily, lights with vigor, and easily submits to my values of an all time classic smoke. I think I will add this into my regular rotation. A wonder to the flake community. Thank you, Cornell and Diehl! Thank you, Craig Tarler!

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (127)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a blockbuster flake. I have never been a fan of Cornell and Diehl blends, but they have hit a home run in my opinion. The quality is exceptional and the taste is beyond compare. This is the finest flake I have ever smoked. The golden virginia is biteless and the perique is not overpowering, with the turkish adding a wonderful taste that seems to bind it all together. There is a light flavoring, which adds to the pleasure but is not tiring. This mixture burns cool and slightly sweet to the bottom of the bowl. After smoking this tobacco, I'd like to downgrade most of the other blend I've rated 4stars on this site. Congratulations to Cornell and Diehl. I'm surprised that I'm only the third reviewer of Sunday Picnic. But all three of us have concurred on this fine product.

Update: After smoking a tin of this excellent flake, I am downgrading to 3 stars, only because it lacks the nuance of flavors necessary in a 4 star mixture. Very one-dimensional, but still very good.

Medium to Strong None Detected Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Another package from DanPipe, another beauty by C&D. Even after my previous experiences with Craig's concoctions, this one is a complete beauty.

The tin aroma, on opening the package, hit me a little strongly at first (this is something that seems to be idiosyncratic to C&D blends, at least to me as an European), a second sniff brought out sweet, spicey and chocolate-ish notes. And as a first, this is the only C&D flake that has managed to make it across the Atlantic with slices intact, so far.

So, deep bowl, bend, fold, plunge in, light. Takes a char or two, but from that point on, this stuff just shines. "Simply Elegant" series, indeed. The taste is full from the first puff, with variations throughout the bowlful, the room note I can only describe as fragrant in the best possible meaning of the word, the Perique is there in the background adding its sweetness and pepper, the Izmir contributing its depth.

The burn is quiet and gentle, as I have become accustomed to from C&D, and leaves no dottle. The taste and aroma make it unchanged down to the last bits.

Totally gorgeous tobacco. I could get addicted to this stuff.

RxMan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RxMan (17)

What a wonderful experience! An exceptional taste and consistent smokability will put this blend on the "have to have list" every Sunday afternoon, if not more often. A bowl of Sunday Picnic is my special reward for a long week of duties accomplished. The sweet Virginias dominate in a mild manner the Turkish and condimental Perique, throughout the smoke. I consider this a truly "Elegant Experience" in pipe smoking pleasure. A must try for the Va/Per lover dosed in the proper proportions.

HotSoup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HotSoup (9)
Medium to Strong Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

It is delicious and sometimes exactly what I want. But it has a pretty noticable nicotin hit. Give it a chance with a glass of wine or bourbon at night or afternoon. It can also get a bit moist in your pipes chamber. Enjoyable

Ranger Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ranger (58)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

An excellent blend from C & D. I really liked the smell, moisture level and burn rate of this tobac. Most of all, I enjoyed the taste. All the elements worked well together and I have a hard time choosing my other open tins while this is available. Solid "A".

Tudval Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tudval (18)
Strong Very Mild Very Full Tolerable

I don't usually smoke Per blends, so I was overwhelmed by the spiciness. but I found that it can add a pleasant note blended about 20% into milder english blends (like the English Luxury), which I prefer. A little Perique goes a long way, this was too much for me on its own. It also has a strong nicotine punch.

chgo.piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chgo.piper (36)

I rate this medium strength due to the perique being there, which is what saves this blend... I mean that in a good way, otherwise, It would be as mild as manhatten afternoon. Good smoke volume and great taste. Great VA/PER blend if you like the ones without a heavy-hand of perique.

Quick_nick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Quick_nick (27)

I like VaPer's but i like VaPer's that have a little bit of Latakia or Turkish more. This is a very good blend with unique taste. i liken it to GLP Piccadilly which is one of my favorites. The Turksih and Virginia work very well together and the perique adds another special element. A must try.

billbo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
billbo (8)
Medium None Detected Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is by far the best flake I have ever smoked! The perque gives just enough zest but does not over power the smoke . this is a cool dry smoke but never got hot stayed mild I love this blend and will keep planty on hand .I Highly recomend this to one and all.

Talonr1701 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Talonr1701 (119)

=See my review of Interlude for Tin and insert review.= This one is by far my favorite of the flakes I have tried. First, they seem to hold their shape in the tin. These present a pretty Gold Flake, and the smell of sweet grassy hay comes out. Fold and stuff again.....On light, there is that Fresh cut sweet hay smell and flavor.....there is a light spice, like a hint of spiced figs mixed in. The strength is not as powerful here as interlude, but it's easier on the taste buds. More comfortable smoke. Like a mystery movie vs Interludes Action. Again I did two flakes at a time, and it lasted about 2 hours. Burned clean and tasted great. Of the three I have tried, this is my favorite.

tmoney Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tmoney (24)

I had lied to them. I told them we were braving the zombie hoards for food and water, but the truth was I had caught word of a seller at what was once our local mall who had a stash of tobacco, Sunday Picnic to be exact. I needed this tobacco, my only vice and last sin in life. I didn't care that I was lying to the 3 men with me, they had been nothing but trouble since the beginning. Stealing food and water, skimming off the top wherever they could... I couldn't prove it, but I knew they were doing it. I was tired of my living situation in that plaza with those greedy idiots.

The four of us, prepared for our run to the mall, including Tommy, Jim's nephew Lil. Jim and the Bull dyke Claudette. I was in lead of the run, so i was best armed; 2 pistols and a shot gun... Nothing was gonna stand between me and the pipe! We snuck out of the plaza, hoping that the zombies wouldn't see us. But this was wishful thinking once Lil Jim decided to fart and laugh about it. I couldnt believe it, a 24 year old farting at a time like this. I was glad that he got his kicks in, cause i was going to kill him first. The zombies began to come at us after Lil Jim's stunt and soon found dozens of zombies bearing down on us. As the zombies came closer, I knew we needed to slow them down, There weren't enough bullets to go around. So I did what I had to, I shot Lil Jim in the leg and let the zombies take that annoying fool as lunch so that we could make it out of there. As we kept running, blowing zombies out of our path we arrived, 2 miles later at the mall, safely behind a tall metal fence.

We sat outside the mall as we took a water break. The bull dyke was starting to get on my nerves with her short cut hair and tanktop. She looked like GI Jane, and it pissed me off. She had begun to poke at me for what I did to Lil Jim, told me i was wrong and she was going to tell on me. I told her to shove it, because it was his fault that the zombies saw us in the first place and he had been complaining non-stop since i had met him. It was his time to go. After I told her to shut up, she mockingly bowed to me and said "As you wish, your majesty."... I wasn't going to tolerate that, so as she got up from her bow, I blew her brains out with my .45 Glock. Tommy stared at me, looking like he was gonna piss himself, he began to reach for his gun, but I pointed mine at him first. "Dont even think about it" I said to the rat. I had no respect for Tommy, he had been skimming food and water for months and played around too much. His time would come soon.

As we stepped into the mall, we reached the dealer. I tried to get the tobacco, but he could obviously tell that I was desperate because of my first request for tobacco. Tommy began to fuss about the lie that I had told about food and water. The Merchant there told me the steep price for the pipe and tin of my favorite sin, i told him i would trade him for Tommy. Tommy fussed, but i disarmed him and threw him in the direction of the merchant, once the pipe and tobacco were on the table I painted the wall with the merchant's brains, ending him with a saturday night special. At this point his body guard jumped at me, but not before I could stick a tanto knife through his heart. Tommy had started to run screaming, about to bring every zombie within 10 miles this way. He had gained about 100 yards, but I knew I could get him from here. With my pistol i took steady aim and put him down at 150 yards. He went down without a fight, the coward. After that i found some Pabst Blue Ribbon hidden away in the merchant's den and drank and smoked my heart out, and all was well in the world.