An all black mixture of unsweetened black Cavendish and Green River Vanilla, flavored with apricot brandy for a most mild smoke. (The ladies like the aroma. It's been called a "marriage saver!")

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Brandy, Cream, Fruit / Citrus, Vanilla, Whisky
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste

3.1
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I thought the apricot taste was a little syrupy, but pleasant with a light bit of cream. There's hints of vanilla in spots, and I could get a little nut and molasses from the toasty burley on occasion. The black cavendish is unsweetened, and provides some brown sugar. I guess the alcohol taste was whiskey, but the recipe states that brandy is here, too, and the clash throws me off from properly describing it. It burned okay, though it got goopy, and I'm a slow puffer who doesn't get much moisture in the bowl. I dried out some of it, which improved the smoke without losing any of its creamy quality, but there was an essence of perfume that just wouldn't go away. Has almost no nicotine, and won't bite. Not an all day smoke.

Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I recently received several tins of C&D flavored tobaccos that a fellow reviewer thought I might like to try and then review. Apricots and Cream is the first one I tried. I find this aromatic to have a heavenly room note and an equally sweet taste as the smoke washed over my tongue.

Typical of C&D, the tobacco was of good quality and nobody makes better aromatics than this fine blending house. Quality leaf all the way. The bottom of the bowl will be very wet once the smoker finishes with the leaf. I used a pipe reserved for aromatics as I believe the added flavoring will hang arund for awhile.

Buster Bluth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Buster Bluth (56)

This is the "Hey Babe, you'll love the smell of this one" tobacco after trying to acclimate the fairer sex to English blends. They will love it!!!

Fire it up in public, and strangers become friends.

Tin aroma, taste, and room note all hint to apricot brandy.

Not a tobacco worthy of prose, but it has a place in the rotation.

Acharya777 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Acharya777 (1)
Mild Extra Strong Full Strong

This is a very interesting tobacco. 4 x smoked and found it very hot. Smoked in 3 different pipes. Until then it was hot. Very artificial flavoring and for being the bulk came a little parched. I decided to try one more time and I was surprised too. 5 It seems another tobacco. What modified? Used a 9mm filter. Rainy and cold weather. And smoking VERY slow. Already smoke tobacco slowly but this needs to be VERY smooth in smoked. Are three simple factors that completely change this tobacco. To me if you know smoking it ceases to be a 2 star rating to 10. Some coffee blends perfectly with this sweet burley.

Pipe Used: Corncob Pride / Stanwell 43 duo / Peterson 303

Age When Smoked: a little parched

Similar Blends: do not know.

caddad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
caddad (53)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I have been puffing on this for about three days now and have been overloaded with compliments from people at work and at home. The room note must be exellent and the taste is very good also. It has a very good aroma in the nostrals ( I think its the brandy) and is also made from very high quality tobacco. I like burley blends and I assume this must have some burley in it as it has that light summertime smoking quality I like in burley tobacco. I ordred this straight from C&D and when it arrived it was just moist enough and ready to go. I have been puffing on it rather hard, as I can't get enough of the flavor, and so far I have not suffered from tounge bite. This is by far the best all black blend I have ever smoked and recomend it to the aromatic fan and the burley or virginia smoker looking for something more pleasant to the folks around them.

Cornell & Diehl - Apricots & Cream.

The blend looks a little strange, it's more sticky than damp, if that makes sense? It isn't too coarse, the blend's very manageable. It might be sticky, but it can still be smoked fresh.

This is a noisy little blighter! I've never known a blend crackle and pop so much whilst being lit! Once lit though, darn the smoke's thick! The apricots aren't as strong as the pouch-note, they're a mild enhancement, but not too headstrong. There's also some alcoholic piquancy, but this isn't particularly formidable. The non-aromatic side is dominated more-so by the black Cavendish, being cool, vanilla-like, and sweet; this works nicely with the creamy aromatic addition.

The nicotine's mild, and the room-note's heavenly!

A lovely aromatic:

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson #03

Purchased From: 4nogginms

DC MacBean Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DC MacBean (29)

One of my favorite Black Cavendish Aromatics. An excellent choice any time of the year, but particularly suitable for hot days in my opinion. It is very moist, it sometimes "crackles" as it burns but it does not leave moisture in the bowl. It stays lit well and produces clouds of smoke. I rarely require more than a single light. It burns to a fine white or light gray ash. The room note is very pleasant. The tastes of vanilla cream and apricot brandy are the dominant flavors.

Pipe Used: Corn Cob, Briarwood, Pear wood, Cherry wood

Purchased From: CupOJoes.com, Smokingpipes.com

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (123)

This blend works best when fresh; I found it to go flat when dried out a bit. So if you like this mixture, smoke it up pretty quickly or it will fade into tastelessness. The aroma is fruity, but I detected some kind of "perfumey" note, too; and I found that note a little less than pleasant.

Govern Yourself Accordingly.

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

now if u were to be a pipe smoker who likes to impress his surroundings with a great aroma and treat him self with a sweet after meal kind of smoke, this one should go into your book. the burning quality of this tobacco is excellent with no left overs in the bowl. jet black cavendish with a smooth taste and very sweet flavorings, the room note is superb and the strength is on the light side. if you love fruity aromatics this is recommended by all means.

albfneto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albfneto (184)
Very Strong Strong Very Full Very Strong

Seems to be pure Dark Black Cavendish Tobacco, made with only Burley Tobacco.

Their taste is full of Burley, the flavour of Apricots is residual, is only in the room smoke only.

In the pouch, the smell is very good and strong.

Smoking, this tobacco is a "strong stuff", and not so sweet (in contrast with the majority of the aromatics) and their smoke is charged of ammonia, very strong, very bitter smoke and burns the tongue easily. also, is burns so hot.

The Room Note is very pleasant, but very strong also.

This tobacco may have many smokers that like this (bu not all), and the residual smell is dominant, many minutes,

Kyrob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kyrob (41)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I bought this tin nearly a year ago and forgot I had it in my cellar. Opening the tin revealed loose, coarse cut tobacco in various sizes and in different hues of browns and black, making it almost look like little slivers of chocolate. The tin aroma was of apricots and some kind of liquor. This tobacco was sticky to the touch and a bit dry which could be a result of its age.

An unlit sip filled my mouth with the fruitiness of the apricot flavor and the charring light was no different except for the edition of an underlying hard liquor taste that was not overpowering. As I progressed down the bowl, the topping was always lurking within the tobacco, which was delightful. Every so often I tasted the nuttiness of the burley component, but the topping seemed to hold out well, so these times were very rare. With controlled puffing, this blend did not get too hot, nor did it burn the tongue. The tobacco burns to a nice gray ash, and it leaves a very pleasing room note. This blend has a long finish; I could taste the flavor for quite some time after smoking it

I like the taste of this blend, especially the syrupy sweetness of the apricot flavoring. I would imagine this is an apricot brandy topping, given the occasional taste of alcohol, and I like that it never seemed to burn off, but was genuinely infused in the leaf. I also like that it did not leave a sticky mess in my bowls as some aromatics will. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a really sweet dessert smoke that has experience with aromatics. A proper smoking rhythm is really helpful with this blend, as it is to all blends. I have no doubt I will be buying more, it will be a good blend to have on hand.

dualkarnain Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dualkarnain (75)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Goopy.

The taste started pleasant enough but 10 puffs into the bowl I got a chemical swathe on the tongue of outright terrible proportions.

Images evoked: a femur being devoured by a hungry ant pile

CivilWar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CivilWar (3)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium Very Pleasant

I like Apricots and I like brandy, and I like this tobacco. Excellent taste, no bite great room note. A very flavorful smoke if you like Apricots and Brandy.

Pipe Used: briar

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: S&P

Rhapsody Baccy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rhapsody Baccy (16)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Why? Because I just wanted to see… and the interwebs seem to like it. Jet-black Cavendish (the Cavendish process starts with Burley which is fermented under-pressure with either steam and or a hot ‘sauce’, then dried and flaked); the apricot smells great, not confectionary or coarse. Smokes light and innocuous.

OTHER: I just recently experimented with some BB1938 from Match + some of this + 1Q by Lane: FANTASTIC!

Pipe Used: MM Washington

Purchased From: Pipes & Cigars

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I enjoyed #300 since it burned clean and did not require a swabbing with a pipe cleaner during any of my smokes. The aroma was complimented and I can see how this could be called a marriage saver but I prefer vanilla, chocolate or maple aromatics to fruity ones, in fact I usually do not like fruity aromatics so this was a surprise for me. This really deserves 2 1/2 stars but gets three from me since the quality is there and does not goop up a pipe, that said I won't order it again since there are better aromatics out there (for my taste)

Fred T Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fred T (67)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

Opening the tin...wow nice smell. I want some for dessert. Light up a pipe...well, I guess it's ok, mild, nice room note. It's not grabbing me. It's not saying, Fred, you need me in your rotation. A pleasant smoke, fruity. A nice cavendish blend soaked in whatever. I give it a 3

Pipe Used: Grant Batson

Age When Smoked: Several months

Pip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pip (55)

A very pleasant and tasty smoke indeed. Just take your time with the puffing because it can get very hot very fast. Room note is very nice too. A++

huffnpuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
huffnpuff (53)

This would be very good if the black cav. was not there . feels like the black cav. waters the tobacco down a bit and the pipe starts to gurgle. when it comes to aroma nicey nice.wife tested and approved:)

huffnpuff

Latakia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Latakia (70)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Another from the C&D sampler. Very black chunks of cavendish with a very nice aroma from the can. The room note is very pleasant and is a nice blend when you find yourself in the company of non-smokers who might take offence with a bolder latakia blend that I like to smoke. Lights well and leaves a nice ash. A bit of tongue bite as all aromatics that I have tried but not enough to make it impossible to enjoy. This is a nice dessert smoke or a smoke to have in the morning when wanting a mild, flavored smoke. Not gooey but actually burns dry for the amount of sweet taste there is here.