An all black mixture of unsweetened black Cavendish and #734, Green River Vanilla, flavored with apricot brandy for a most mild smoke. (The ladies like the aroma. It's been called a "marriage saver!")

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley

Lytton Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lytton (7)
Mild Very Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

- Edited -

The good side is its not a super sweet gooier tobacco, its very dry cool and easy with the tongue. The bad side is its a single note smoke, with tons of "prefume like" aroma. The smell stay in you pipe for two days before fading... It does pleases the surrounding very much though.

Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I thought the apricot taste was a little syrupy, but pleasant. There's hints of vanilla in spots, and I could get some burley notes on occasion. I guess the alcohol taste was whiskey, but the recipe states that brandy is here, too, and the clash throws me off from properly describing it. It burned okay, though it got goopy, and I'm a slow puffer who doesn't get much moisture in the bowl. I dried out some of it, which improved the smoke without losing any of its creamy quality, but there was an essence of perfume that just wouldn't go away. I've smoked better and I've smoked worse, but I wasn't able to muster up enough enthusiasm to rate it higher than two stars.

Baron Von Costume Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Baron Von Costume (5)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I bought this in hopes of being able to smoke this around those people that hate smoking. This tobacco smells too perfumey, like those decorative bath soaps. Tastes rather like that too(I was curious, shut up!). Found it rather boring. Good thing I smoked it in a corn cob, because this stuff stays in a pipe for a very long time. I guess if you really like aromatics or are new to pipe smoking, you might like this, but I don't.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Being that I am not an aromatic smoker most of the time, I did not have very high expectations for this blend. What I found was an extremely pleasant tin aroma, and a good to very good room note. In the taste department it was too strong and way to sweet. So this is a no go for me.

Vandaahl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Vandaahl (8)
Medium Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Oh! What an aroma! I smoked a tin of this stuff in front of my tent while on holiday in Austria. And I have never had so many compliments for the 'roomnote' which actually was half the campsite ;) Great tobacco!

Buster Bluth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Buster Bluth (51)

This is the "Hey Babe, you'll love the smell of this one" tobacco after trying to acclimate the fairer sex to English blends. They will love it!!!

Fire it up in public, and strangers become friends.

Tin aroma, taste, and room note all hint to apricot brandy.

Not a tobacco worthy of prose, but it has a place in the rotation.

caddad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
caddad (53)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I have been puffing on this for about three days now and have been overloaded with compliments from people at work and at home. The room note must be exellent and the taste is very good also. It has a very good aroma in the nostrals ( I think its the brandy) and is also made from very high quality tobacco. I like burley blends and I assume this must have some burley in it as it has that light summertime smoking quality I like in burley tobacco. I ordred this straight from C&D and when it arrived it was just moist enough and ready to go. I have been puffing on it rather hard, as I can't get enough of the flavor, and so far I have not suffered from tounge bite. This is by far the best all black blend I have ever smoked and recomend it to the aromatic fan and the burley or virginia smoker looking for something more pleasant to the folks around them.

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Mild Strong Mild Pleasant

i started pipe smoking(as many do) by smoking aromatics exclusively. i hesitate to admit this but, as a young single male, i had amorous intentions on my mind. the sweet-smelling tobaccos did seem to help draw in members of the opposite sex. 30 years later, smoking for sexual purposes has long since passed me by and so, for the most part, has my love affair with aromatics. i do smoke them occasionally in deference to others, especially when my wife and i go out on the town. one aromatic that has remained in my pipe is this one. it has a delightful smell(i am told) and the taste is sweet without the syrupy effect of some other aromatics. it is harder to light and hold a flame than with english blends, but that is a characteristic of all aromatics. it tends to burn hot, especially in smaller pipes, and care must be taken not to smoke it too fast. if you overheat it, might as well knock it out and try again later. there is some tongue bite in this one every time i smoke it, which is my chief complaint. i minimize this by moving my pipe position in my mouth. if you are into aromatics(or a horny young pipe-smoker), this one might be worth your while. 2 stars.

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (114)

This blend works best when fresh; I found it to go flat when dried out a bit. So if you like this mixture, smoke it up pretty quickly or it will fade into tastelessness. The aroma is fruity, but I detected some kind of "perfumey" note, too; and I found that note a little less than pleasant.

Govern Yourself Accordingly.

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

now if u were to be a pipe smoker who likes to impress his surroundings with a great aroma and treat him self with a sweet after meal kind of smoke, this one should go into your book. the burning quality of this tobacco is excellent with no left overs in the bowl. jet black cavendish with a smooth taste and very sweet flavorings, the room note is superb and the strength is on the light side. if you love fruity aromatics this is recommended by all means.

albfneto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albfneto (163)
Very Strong Strong Very Full Very Strong

Seems to be pure Dark Black Cavendish Tobacco, made with only Burley Tobacco.

Their taste is full of Burley, the flavour of Apricots is residual, is only in the room smoke only.

In the pouch, the smell is very good and strong.

Smoking, this tobacco is a "strong stuff", and not so sweet (in contrast with the majority of the aromatics) and their smoke is charged of ammonia, very strong, very bitter smoke and burns the tongue easily. also, is burns so hot.

The Room Note is very pleasant, but very strong also.

This tobacco may have many smokers that like this (bu not all), and the residual smell is dominant, many minutes,

Kyrob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kyrob (21)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I bought this tin nearly a year ago and forgot I had it in my cellar. Opening the tin revealed loose, coarse cut tobacco in various sizes and in different hues of browns and black, making it almost look like little slivers of chocolate. The tin aroma was of apricots and some kind of liquor. This tobacco was sticky to the touch and a bit dry which could be a result of its age.

An unlit sip filled my mouth with the fruitiness of the apricot flavor and the charring light was no different except for the edition of an underlying hard liquor taste that was not overpowering. As I progressed down the bowl, the topping was always lurking within the tobacco, which was delightful. Every so often I tasted the nuttiness of the burley component, but the topping seemed to hold out well, so these times were very rare. With controlled puffing, this blend did not get too hot, nor did it burn the tongue. The tobacco burns to a nice gray ash, and it leaves a very pleasing room note. This blend has a long finish; I could taste the flavor for quite some time after smoking it

I like the taste of this blend, especially the syrupy sweetness of the apricot flavoring. I would imagine this is an apricot brandy topping, given the occasional taste of alcohol, and I like that it never seemed to burn off, but was genuinely infused in the leaf. I also like that it did not leave a sticky mess in my bowls as some aromatics will. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a really sweet dessert smoke that has experience with aromatics. A proper smoking rhythm is really helpful with this blend, as it is to all blends. I have no doubt I will be buying more, it will be a good blend to have on hand.

Doc Jake Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Doc Jake (23)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

A lovely stoved cavendish with a natural apricot aroma casing the tobacco. Cool burning with minimal tongue bite even if puffing hard. Ash burns to a lovely gray, and leaves minimal dottle in the bowl. Lighting is easy and the apricot is very noticeable on the charring light. As the bowl progresses mild virginia flavor comes through from the quality leaf. It leaves no residue in the bowl as lesser quality aromatics will. An overall excellent example of a quality aromatic and quality leaf.

Sea Green Sky Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sea Green Sky (9)

One note song that's goopy and burns hot. It does have a very nice room note though.

Pip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pip (36)

A very pleasant and tasty smoke indeed. Just take your time with the puffing because it can get very hot very fast. Room note is very nice too. A++

Smokingmiami Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Smokingmiami (6)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is a GOOPY smoke but it is also heavenly. Has a great aroma out of the tin and an amazing room note. In the middle of the bowl you do get an alcohol/chemical taste but I do not find it to be repugnant. Make sure to clean your pipe after smoking.

Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I recently received several tins of C&D flavored tobaccos that a fellow reviewer thought I might like to try and then review. Apricots and Cream is the first one I tried. I find this aromatic to have a heavenly room note and an equally sweet taste as the smoke washed over my tongue.

Typical of C&D, the tobacco was of good quality and nobody makes better aromatics than this fine blending house. Quality leaf all the way. The bottom of the bowl will be very wet once the smoker finishes with the leaf. I used a pipe reserved for aromatics as I believe the added flavoring will hang arund for awhile.

Chatsworth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chatsworth (52)

The apricot flavor lasts to the bottom of the bowl. It definitely gives the room a lasting apricot scent.

daboss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
daboss (5)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This is a sweet tobacco that leaves a very nice room note. I bought this at the Chicago show in 2007 and it is better after two years! When I bought it I got a lot of goop and moisture in the pipe and it will ghost the briar, so beware. Now that it's aged and dried out it's not as wet, but still smokes hot with tongue bite that goes away shortly after smoking. I find this too sweet now that I have branched out into other tabaccos. I like Iwan Ries' Banner-Lite as opposed to this blend.

huffnpuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
huffnpuff (44)

This would be very good if the black cav. was not there . feels like the black cav. waters the tobacco down a bit and the pipe starts to gurgle. when it comes to aroma nicey nice.wife tested and approved:)

huffnpuff

Latakia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Latakia (67)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Another from the C&D sampler. Very black chunks of cavendish with a very nice aroma from the can. The room note is very pleasant and is a nice blend when you find yourself in the company of non-smokers who might take offence with a bolder latakia blend that I like to smoke. Lights well and leaves a nice ash. A bit of tongue bite as all aromatics that I have tried but not enough to make it impossible to enjoy. This is a nice dessert smoke or a smoke to have in the morning when wanting a mild, flavored smoke. Not gooey but actually burns dry for the amount of sweet taste there is here.

Dunkel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dunkel (11)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I got a sample of this from a friend. It was drier than I expected. A name like Apricots and Cream makes me think of sticky, overly sweet tobacco. It burned a little warm like a sweet blend would but it was managable. It didn't have an overpowering apricot or cream taste. The tobacco tastes were the show and they were very nice. The room note was delightful. It had a bit of a bite to it but not bad. I'd smoke it again for sure, but might not buy more when this sample is gone.