A blend of Turkish, Latakia, Red Virginia, Kentucky Burley and Bright Strips. A complete long cut blend with the unique combination of caramel and vanilla flavors. Mildly aromatic.

ContentsBurley, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Brandy, Caramel, Vanilla, Whisky
Strength
Taste
2.1

Is Pasha’s an aromatic? I would say so, but at the same time it contains all of the elements of an English blend. This is far from the first time I have smoked an aromatic English, but I must say, not one quiet like Pasha’s. I think that this is a love or hate type blend. It may be the first aromatic English blend that I have smoked that utilizes caramel along with Turkish and Latakia. I really didn’t care for Pasha’s at all because for me there are other things that are far better choices in an aromatic English and I don’t find that caramel and Latakia go very well together. Actually, the more bowls I smoked, I found the taste downright nasty. There is a small plus to this blend and that is that it does smoke very smoothly.

Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A very nice after dinner smoke for me that is steeped in sweetness, yet musty Latakia undertones as well. This is a "Bridge" blend that connects the aromatic and English worlds nicely. I really couldn't taste Vanilla but the Caramel came through in peek-a-boo style waves as did the Latakia and other Turkish components.

You'll get a cool taste and nice clean burn with this one, too. I don't know who Pasha is, but his/her dream is mine, too!

Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is another high quality product from C&D, but it just did not appeal to my palate. Appearance: typical English blend with the usual mixture of leaves.

Aroma: caramel, a little vanilla, and of course the usual delicious mustiness of an English blend.

Lighting: very easy, two matches max, topping is dry, no stickiness from the flavoring.

Initial Flavor: English with the toppings not too strong at all.

Mid-Bowl: Still English with the topping receding.

Bottom of bowl: Nice, round finish, no chemical aftertaste. Ash is mootled grey and dry.

Overall: I didn't care for the type of caramel topping in this blend. I much preferred the caramel in Peterson's "Sweet Kilarney". This one sometimes smelled liked old soiled diapers, at other times like caramel. Ther was no chemical aftertaste, and that I much appreciated. I much prefer SG's Perfection over this, but I'm still going to test the other C&D blends in the quest for the "perfect" crossover blend.

Rating: 3.75 out of 5 points.

rick5iron Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rick5iron (3)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Tolerable

Good quality tobacco , just not a lot to offer. Seems C&D have quite a few blends that are like this one.

One of the few bulk C&D's tobacs I have enjoyed. Think Frog Morton Across the Pond "Light". I am always looking for that "change-of-pace" surprise and this one is worthwhile. An occasional indulgence. It is also light on the Latakia which suits me fine. Three and one quarter stars.

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

this is another tobacco to answer the age-old problem; husband likes english blends, wife hates the aroma. wife likes aromatic blends, husband hates the taste. interesting thing is, this blend has done a pretty good job of bridging the gap. one caution for dedicated english smokers; don't let the pouch aroma scare you off. it has a strong butterscotch smell that i found less than appealing. with a little trepidation, i packed the pipe and fired it up. surprise! very little casing is noticeable, something that is hard to believe after taking a whiff of the pouch. what is noticeable is a good medium english flavor, with notes of latakia and burley. lights easily, needs very few relights, and burns down to a fine gray ash with little or no dottle. my wife described the room note as "pleasant". maybe not as nice as dan tobacco's sweet vanilla honeydew, but still very good. January, 2005 update- I must reduce my rating by two stars as I've found other aromatics that are preferred to this one. I doubt that I'll be ordering any more. Cornell and Diehl still make many other tobaccos that are on my favorites list.

CJ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CJ (45)

General Comment for All C&D Blends. So far, all my samples have burned clean and dry. They contain quality ingredients. If purchased fresh from C&D, I find that I must adjust the moisture content, and let them rest for 3-6 months before sampling. They change flavor dramatically in just a few months.

In appearance, this looks like a standard English Blend. All the colors are there with dark to brown pieces and some bright larger flakes. When I first received this, the bag aroma was a combination of the typical straight English aroma plus a flavoring that I did not appreciate. It smelled like burnt sugar to me. My first bowl, when fresh, was not well appreciated. Since all C&D blends need some age, I put this away for months. I did open the plastic bag on occasion to adjust the moisture content. Now with some age, this is turning into something more appealing. Most of the aromatic that I noticed has favorably evaporated. Now, I don't really notice the aromatic addition. It tastes like a mild, good light Latakia-Oriental blend that is on the sweet side. If I'm not careful, this can have a light bite. The room aroma is more appealing than a non aromatic English. It also has some sweetness to it. This blend should work for those that appreciate English-Aromatic crossovers, and also for those that like Latakia blends but need to have a better room aroma for others nearby. Compared to others of this type, this has very little aromatic in it. It burns dry to a somewhat dark gray ash.

bobcat13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bobcat13 (8)
Medium Very Mild Medium Tolerable to Strong

N.B. This review is based on a sample I received in 1998, and I’ve noticed that the blend description has changed slightly since then.

Medium to dark brown tobacco predominates, with 10% or so very dark to black. A blend of Turkish, Latakia, Red Virginia, Kentucky Burley and Bright Strips with rum flavor. (Later descriptions from C&D mention vanilla and caramel, but not rum.) This is not quite what I expected when I ordered it. The description sounds more aromatic than I think it is. The pouch aroma is very much like an English blend, very leathery, but with a bit more sweetness. On the whole, the aromatic character was very muted, and was easily cancelled out in the room aroma by the Latakia. The taste of the blend is a bit hard to pin down. It’s definitely more of an English than an aromatic. The Latakia is present in sufficient quantities to be the dominant note, but the Turkish and Burley add some complexity, and the Virginia combined with the top note provide some suggestions of sweetness. But overall it’s more of a savory tobacco than a sweet one. There’s something about C&D’s English blends that strike me as strident and unrefined, and this one also fell into that mold as well. There was a gradually increasing harshness to this. It never became unsmokeable by any means, but by the end of the smoke, the tickling in the back of my throat had tuned into more of a scratching feeling. But still, I think this could be an interesting departure for the diehard English fan, or the aromatic smoker. This blend might very well benefit from some aging. I don’t know if that would lessen the top note (it’s pretty transparent to begin with), but the base tobaccos might meld into something a bit more smooth.