A modern aromatic blend of Black Cavendish with bright Virginia tobaccos grown in Brazil, Africa and Thailand in addition to mellow Burley grades from the U.S.A. A light cherry aroma completes this cool, satisfying and fragrant tobacco.

BrandE. A. Carey
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Tim the Box Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tim the Box (2)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is a suberb tobacco, I have been smoking it for years so I thought I had better add a review. The tobacco is extremely well flavoured with a great room note. Some time ago, I was walking on the beach where I live and some guy commented on the smell of the tobacco that I was smoking. He had a couple of kids with him so I apologised, thinking that I had upset him. It turned out that he was a professional tabacconist, running a shop just inland from here, so the wild Cherry has a great beach note. Just the other day, my post man "Zac" could not get a delivery through my letter box (funnily, it was from E A Carey) and he commented on the tobacco I was smoking and said how pleasant it was, so a complement from a french postman is a comlement indeed. I have been married twice in the past and am currently single, but being pursued, before I agree to allow the lady to shack up with me, she will have to pass my tobacco rating.

Pipe Used: Peterson

Age When Smoked: 4 weeks

Purchased From: E A Carey

Similar Blends: Original Black Vanilla.

Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Carey's Wild Cherry. The smell from this isn't your 'stereotypical' cherry aro' one, normally I find cherry blends smell really sickly and overly sweet but this gives off a true cherry smell that lacks that strong false sweetness. The tobacco pieces are smaller and more delicate than usual, the majority being less than 1/4 of a CM long. The moistness is a decent amount enabling smoking to commence right away with only a short touch of the flame. Sadly I notice a problem straight away, because the tobacco pieces are so small in size the smoke that's given off is far too warm! Whilst I mention negatives I may as well get bite out the way, it issues a hefty nip whether it's sipped or sucked! To be fair on the blend aside from those issues the flavour is unique for a cherry blend, like the smell there's no horrible candy-esc sweetness but a true cherry taste that stays the same quantity throughout. Nicotine is at a stronger amount, if you can take an aro' first thing in the morning then this may suit you for replenishing your nicotine stores! The room note has the same true cherry quality I have found all along, it's also not too full in the room so it's not that offensive. If I was rating this for only the added flavour quality it would unequivocally score four stars but for the whole experience it can only have two stars.

Pipe Used: Peterson Harp 03