Aromatic & rich dark tobacco.

Notes: 2006 Gatlin-Burlier Xmas blend "Santa Puffer" (now sold by them as "Mountain Vine Wine").

BrandGatlin-Burlier
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Very Mild, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.5
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

Much better than the Altadis version. I started out expecting to not like it, to smoke enough to review it and then get rid of it. However, though in no way would I buy it or make it my smoke, it really was not a bad smoke. It was smooth, very non biting, had a mild flavoring and I could taste the burley in it. Cut reminded me of BK as did the aroma for the first few minutes. But it stayed tasteful the whole pipe. I actually was not ready for it to end when gone and I figure to mix what is left with some PA to make a more burley smoke with a faint scent of the wine in this one. Did not gunk up my pipe and would be a good beginners smoke it nut puffed to fast.

Lochinvar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lochinvar (71)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

If aromatics are your trade I highly recommend this. I dont usually smoke blends like this as they smell great but taste like a hell of dirt and chemical cleaners. This however tates like a sweet berry compote. Richard is the pipe manager at the GatlinBurlier as well as the repository for all knowledge from the Occident as well as the Orient. He tells me this is flavored with heather honey and raspberry. It is sweet with no bitterness and great room note. It can be pushed to bite if puffed too aggresively, and tends to need a few more pipe cleaners per bowl than other tobaccos I smoke. Try it and the rest of the Burliers Tobacco (and if you are in Gatlinburg TN go to the store. great tobaccos and pipes and great knowledge on all things tobacco).