A combination of burleys and No.734, Green River Vanilla, with a raspberry sauce. This has become one of our most popular blends.

ContentsBurley
FlavoringRaspberry, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
3.1
doctp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
doctp (2)

Started smoking pipes after a 20 year hiatus. Read lots of reviews and felt that the "Pros" smoked English blends and the youngsters smoked aromatics. I was prejudiced. So, decided to try lots of blends and realized that I LOVE Burley. Yet, fresh berries om my cereal every morning...lol. Gave berry good a try and found a beautiful burley tobacco with a very slight hint of berry, tin note and only at the very beginning. The r last 2/3s was excellent burley that smoked perfectly, NO bite or gurgle and minimal berry, but yes, it is there! Mild Nic, just right for the morning and afternoon. I want to be a "PRO" and be a real man and only smoke strong English blends with lots of Latakia, but, I am almost embarrassed to say..."I LOVE THIS" I bought a pound and smoke some every day. I put this in a "Ruthenberg" pipe, 3 different shapes, but large capacity chamber and it is heaven! Brian makes his airway just perfect, probably the best smoking pipes I have ever smoked, and yes, I smoke my English blends in Jess and Ivarsson and Dunhills. Just buy it and enjoy it, it is a winner!

Pipe Used: Brian Ruteberg, all styles, open airways

Age When Smoked: 6 mos.

Purchased From: Smoking pipes

PfeifenRaucher Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PfeifenRaucher (53)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

To call this an aromatic is a bit of a misnomer - the name really makes one think this is going to be some fruit-drenched mess. Not so. It is a burley blend with a LITTLE topping adding for a hint of dessert flavor and a compliment-winning room-note (My wife passed by me smoking this and her direct quote was "D**n that smells good!").

The real tobacco taste is in the forefront though, especially in the 2nd half of the bowl when most of the berry/vanilla casing has worn off. This is very tasty, burns extremely well, and only bites if you get WAY TOO eager with your puffing. I'm not much of a burley-phile generally, but Berry Good! could change that for me.

Group 4 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Group 4 (8)
Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of those blends that is honest and seems to garner unanimous opinion. I stand alongside the four previous reviewers: this is a tasty burley blend with excellent smoking properties and a wondferful aroma. I've been smoking English blends for the last 15 years and only recently began exploring aromatics. Of the 6 I tried this is one I return to most often and have reordered. As mentioned earlier it is an 'honest' blend: no gastronomical subtleties or complexities. The ingredients are few but work well together. The topping, which is more noticeable in the pouch rather than in the pipe, seems to waft in and out depending on how hard you draw: little sips bring more of the aromatic flavor. Unlike some aromatics I haven't encountered a case of tongue bite with this one, even after 3 successive midsized bowls. The aroma it leaves is pleasant and my wife thinks it's nice (big female approval here). It burns to a clean ash and is delightful. Definetely recommended.

StimeyStrongwater Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
StimeyStrongwater (7)

Excellent mild burley! Great nutty tobacco taste with some sweetness from the cav and the topping. The topping is applied very lightly, unlike most aros, lending a slight sweetness and sublte flavor. This is almost more of a classic codger style burley than an aromatic. Great flavor. Great burning qualities. No Bite. I always give this to friends or co workers that want to start smoking a pipe because of how forgiving and enjoyable this tobacco is.

Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

It's a rather decent raspberry/vanilla blend and after you smoke a little of it, the burley flavor kisses your taste buds a little. Burns well, cool, and evenly with very little moisture at the bottom. Great room note, too. I don't think I could work up to smoking it very often, though if you like the flavor, you'll find it to be a nice all day smoke, or at least a change of pace from stronger blends in other genres. A blend best sipped for full appreciation. For me, it's a two and half star blend, but I give it three for regular aro smokers.

I think this is a wonderful Burley blend that happens to be an aromatic. I don't know whether my four stars is for a burley blend or as an aromatic blend, but I think moreso for the former as I think true Aromatic fanciers may find this to lack the sweetness that the burleyphile will love.

The quality of the burley is great as can be expected from C & D, the nicotine is just right IMO and the taste is great. My only complaint, and it is quite minor, is that it tends to burn fast. It does not burn hot though and I think it may be impossible to get this one to bite. At least it was for me.

This is a delightfully light C&D blend that reminds me of the old Middleton's Cherry Blend... but, Berry Good is much better (IMO), due to the quality of the leaf and the light sweetened leaf.

As is the case with most enhanced blends, the added flavoring is strongest at first light and then settles. The Vanilla/Raspberry notes are never strong but always lurking. A nice clean burn all the way to the bottom of the bowl is also a pleasure enhancer.

It is easy to see why C&D Berry Good is one of their new top sellers. For more gusto in the smoke, try mixing it half and half with Five Brothers. Now that makes for an after dinner dessert that is yummy.

Chatsworth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chatsworth (52)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

It has a berry flavor in the tin, but it's like a topcoat, so the flavor of berry disappears after halfway.

huffnpuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
huffnpuff (44)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is berry good (lol). Bought this as part of their sampler ,when opening the tin nice dark colors popped out and no coffee filter in the can. My wife also enjoys the smell.The best time to smoke it is after dinner in my opinion but all day fine also. The tongue burn is to a minimum.

huffnpuff

bearzerker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bearzerker (17)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

When my C&D sampler arrived last week and when I opened up the box the smell of this blend was the first to greet me. It's got a wonderful sweet berry smell but not too sweet. I was checking it out through the plastic bag it was in and I thought it looked kind of moist but I noticed it wasn't sticky cause the tobacco was loose. When I opened it up I found that it wasn't moist at all, just right. I loaded up my bowl and went to work on it. It lights up great and I didn't have to relight it after I tamped it down after the first light. I puffed away patiently and really enjoyed this aromatic experience. After I lit it up the first thing I noticed was the vanilla and I loved it but I was wondering "where's the berry" Then BAM!! There's the raspberry. I'm a fan of aromatics and burley's and this is a very good one, oops Berry Good one. It burns cool and if you don't try to rush it or suck to hard you get the vanilla flavor. It smokes very smooth and the room note is great. It fills the air with a nice sweet smell. The burley tastes great and it's not over cased with syrup. I wondered if they didn't just put the burley into a vat of fresh berries. I find it a fun smoke and prefer smoking it in my smaller pipes when I'm walking around town or just sitting somewhere reading a book or playing cribbage with my friends. And I think most women will like the smell.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

I was very reluctant to try this blend. I am usually of the opinion that food should taste like food, and tobacco should well... taste like tobacco. I still hold that opinion but am finding my self making one exception. There is some great burly taste with this blend, some subtle nuttiness and a small bit of earthiness that I like in a good burly blend. The slight vanilla and berry taste only dance in the background but do leave this blend fresh tasting from the top to the bottom (something unusual for a burly blend). The blend smokes very cool, and does not bite in the least bit. There is a slightly fruity smell to the tin, but I do not smell any of the vanilla that I get in the smoke. The cut is standard for Cornell & Diehl, with nice broken pieces of long leafs, but it does also have some stems. The room note is out of this world, I defy yo to find a person that wont like it. As for this Latakia lover I have to admit this one is darn good.

daidunno Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
daidunno (9)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium Very Pleasant

If you like burley, want something to smoke around non-smokers, but don't like strong toppings/casings, "goop" and propylene glycol, this seems perfect. It has a light berry flavor at first and then tastes like good burley with a bare hint of topping farther down the bowl. I smoked this in a bar the other night and the two non-smokers who were with me said that it smelled very good to them and I had no complaints from anyone else. I usually try to pick something with a nice room note when I am in public, partly so that I'll be allowed to smoke a pipe and partly out of consideration for others, but have not found anything that non-smokers like the room note of and that I enjoyed this much. As far as smoking it on a regular basis for pure enjoyment, I'd probably give it a 3.5, as it's tasty but not astounding, but it's worthy of a 4 overall with the room note factored in.

caddad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
caddad (53)
Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

I ordered a half pound of this a few weeks ago and have just re-ordered more prior to writing this review. I must say that the berry flavour is very light in this however the tobacco flavour is great. it has a wonderful burley base and is very friendly to those around you. I've been in a mood for a heavier aromatic however I keep being drawn back to this. I smoke aromatics and english blends in the winter and fall (yes I'm one of those who can smoke anything) and virginias and burley in the summertime, however I think this is an aromatic that I will be able to smoke all year long. very good.

Must update this tobacco. I have been smoking this for over a year now in all kinds of tempatures and conditions and I think that this is probably the absolute best aromatic I have ever had. It always brings compliments from those around and has a very good tobacco taste along with the berry topping. This should apeal to everyone.

Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

If you are looking for a tasty Aromatic that has a good tobacco taste, this one is much better than average. The taste of berry stays in the foreground always while the taste of a smooth Burley makes it a worthwhile smoke. Nice and dry compared to most Aromatic blends and has enough strength to be fairly satisfying as well.

In my quest for a subtle aromatic that still tastes like quality tobacco, I finally tried Berry Good.

Don't let the name fool you. This is a very lightly cased blend that has alot of body due to the ample amount of Burley (C&D just does not make wimpy tobaccos). While it does contain a little bit of black cavendish, it really hides in the background. In fact, the blend is so lightly cased, that it really just serves to soften the Burley and gently sweeten the smoke aroma. Whether it is "berry" or not, I really cannot tell.

I would classify this a full-bodied aromatic in the tradition of years past (Burleys and VAs with a light essence). It is not a modern heavily processed sweet tobacco. Instead, this is high quality toasted Burley with a touch of sweetness to take the edge off of Burley's typical bitterness. A clean and dry burn all the way down.

So if you are a veteran pipe smoker looking for "real" tobacco flavor but otherwise want a socially acceptable blend, try this. It ranks high on my list of good aromatics.

p.Holloway Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
p.Holloway (8)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

English? Or Aromatic? I think this is one of Cornel & Diehl's best achievements. There isn't anything I can say about this blend that has not been said here already. I prefer aromatics but this particular blend to me has a touch of the English tobacco style flavor and in this case thats fine with me. Its simply a wonderful smoke. Not too strong and not too mild. Its balance at its finest.

Pipe Used: Peterson Calabash, Dr. Grabow Duke

SgtPepperjack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SgtPepperjack (1)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Tolerable

A Jekyll and Hyde sort of blend. It IS a "for the right mood" blend.

I ordered 4 oz based upon the reviews on this site here is my take:

The bad first, Seemed very strong for an aromatic even a bit bitter. Not entirely unpleasant but I had expected something milder and "sweeter". More tongue bite than most blends I have experienced. For the first month of occasional use (about once a week) I was still disappointed overall. That is until...

The good, and it is really good. On a hot sunny late afternoon on the deck, relaxed and serene. Get a bottle of nice chilled white wine, smoke slowly and it becomes heavenly.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 9

After Taste = 8

Raw Score = 53

Rated Percentage = 88%

Comment = Smooth, Mild, there isn't a strong Fruity Flavor, it is a little Sweet, Bitter on Finish

Memsys Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Memsys (8)

Berry Good! is not a bad blend and not a great blend. Normally I smoke English blends but this is good for a break from time to time. The topping is light but is detectable throughout the bowl. But it adds something to the room note that the wife finds acceptable. Good for a house smoke, just enough vitamin N to get the job done. I like to keep a couple of ounces on hand.

Slickheadhunter Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Slickheadhunter (7)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend has good burley taste and smokes dry but the raspberry casing doesnt agree with me,tends to give me a headache.But this is obviously just me.

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (106)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is an unremarkable blend that would be ok if it were not intended to be a premium blend at a premium price. The quality of leaf is good but there are common OTC blends that are almost as good. Maybe I got a bad batch but there was no detectable casing in either the tin or the smoke. I don't like candied aromatics but there should be at least a hint of topping if it is labeled as an aromatic.

My wife has been a bit put out with me and my smelly pipes lately and the reviews here claimed this stuff has a great aroma so I bought a tin hoping to get back into her good graces. The room note wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special. This stuff is ok but it just isn't worthwhile.

Mike__P Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mike__P (87)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I enjoy primarily English and Balkan mixtures, but sometimes I want to break things up, especially when the weather gets hot. I typically don't smoke aromatics, but decided to give this C&D version a test drive. I was pleasantly surprised. Berry Good is, well . . . berry good indeed. Mild to medium with a relatively subtle and natural- tasting topping -- more vanilla than berry, really -- it burns nice and dry and you can actually discern the foundational burleys. There's no syrupy goop with this one. Another plus: it arrived fairly dry and ready to smoke. Give it a whirl!

Pip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pip (36)

I'm not a huge fan of aromatics or burley blends but, every once and a while it hits the spot.

I like this tobacco because it is not heavily cased and yet provide the smoker with a smooth smoke with little to no bite has nice subtle cherry undertones.

The tobacco in the tin is not too mosit and not goopy at all. It smells good too.

Latakia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Latakia (67)

Another from the C&D sampler. Although I am not a fan of aromatics, this is a good smoke if one fancies aromatics. Nice burley makes it a cool and dry smoke. Not as gooey as I would have thought. Don't know if I will go out and buy another tin but as I said, if someone likes aromatics and a sweet smoke that is not overly sweet, this is recommended. Aroma from the can is beautiful. Big chunky ribbon cut of black and brown tobacco that burns well and leaves a nice clean white ash.

Vandaahl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Vandaahl (8)
Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

It's a good quality tobacco. But for a aromatic blend, for me, its not aromatic enough. I like C&D's ... & Cream series better!

Not much to add, except if you like mild aromatics, this is nice.

Dry, even burning, no bite. A nice change of pace, and the flavoring although pleasant, doesn't mask the tobacco.

Worth a try.

DoctorThoss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DoctorThoss (141)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Tolerable

This one really didn't do it for me. It didn't seem to have much flavor, and I didn't like what little I could taste. The room note was also fairly weak for what's supposed to be an aromatic. It burned well, though.

BEN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BEN (58)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

This is yet another wonderful aromatic from the fine folks at Cornell and Diehl! A wonderful tin aroma, it burns well, requiring few relights. Great flavor and room note. The only thing I found is it burned a little hot. Other than that, if you are looking for a flavorful aromatic made with the finest leaf and casing, give this one a try! Recommended!!

BriarLaw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarLaw (85)

In my search for an aromatic that is not over-processed and goopy, I decided to try Berry Good. Now don't let the name fool you. This is no wimpy tobacco (C&D does not make any of those), but a relatively full-bodied Burley blend with just a hint of Black Cavendish and a very light casing.

I really cannot tell if the casing is "berry" or not. It just has a bit of citrus essence that lightens the Burley and adds a gentle sweetness to the smoke. Nevertheless, it is real tobacco with a moderate nicotine punch. This is C&D all the way.

Try this if you are a fan of old-fashioned Burley blends, or are loooking for real tobacco flavor that has an aroma that is easy on those around you. This really fills a niche!