Reminiscent of the mossy sea-side town of the old south, this is a very luxurious English/American hybrid blend of matured Virginia, Lataki and Perique. Sweet undertones make this a great end of the day smoke.

BrandThe Grey Fox
Blended ByMike
ContentsVirginia, Perique, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Talonr1701 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Talonr1701 (119)

Was lucky enough to try this from one of my favorite online places to hang out....There are many house blends to try, and I've tried most, but these two are by far my favorites.... Decided to try this in a Pete 303.....It comes fairly moist....so a few hours drying helps. Even then it took several relights. Thats the only negative.

According to the description, this blend is made of Latakia, Virginia, and Perique. I would say the primary ingrediant would be virginia, then perique, then latakia. That or the Latakia is blended so well it doesn't touch my anti latakia nerve.

On light, I knew this is a multi-dimensional blend. There is this smokey, malty, sweet taste which is unlike most blends I've tried. Light puffing brings a great sweet taste, while more agressive brings some latakia, but not enough to overwhelm.

Sweet latakia and I swear I get a fruit taste like the sweet in apricots. Call me crazy...I really like this. I admit I was apprehensive to review a latakia blend...But WOW....Strength is about med. I ordered a half pound as soon as my sample started to run low, and its got a solid place in my rotation. If you would like to try some- E-mail Mike at admin@grayfoxonline.com Highly recomended.