Skandinavik Exotic is a mixture of rich Virginia and toasted Burley, pressed and gently heated to create a smooth smoke and natural tobacco aroma. The exotic mixture is perfected with spicy notes of orange, vanilla and a touch of Malt Whisky.

BrandSkandinavik
Taste
2.6
thesmoggypipester Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thesmoggypipester (30)

Being a fan of aros and finding this in crete i thought why the heck not. Just got round to smoking it and here is my little assesment. The aromas in the pack are quite strong of orange and vanilla i smell no whiskey. Packing and lighting are easy. The flavours are very much reduced in smoking as they are out the pouch. I get a fruity citrus flavour with a hint of vanilla still no whiskey. Room note is pleasant so good to use in public as it shouldnt raise to many eyebrows.

This is a nice tobacco dont get me wrong but it doesnt set my world on fire. It is a perfect tobacco for the first pipe of the day or if you are after a mild and not too obnoxious aro. The flavours dont taste artificial and its not sickly sweet. Its not something i could see myself smoking exclusively but if i was out of tobacco and all i could find was this tobacco then id happily buy it. What i will say is if you like any of the borkumriff offerings you should at least get on with this is it something along them lines.

Pipe Used: bent falcon

Purchased From: a shop in gouves crete

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (111)

This another recent one I've been lucky enough to receive. Never having heard of it before let alone get and preconceptions about it, I decided to tuck into it forthwith.

The aroma in the packet was one of rum with a hint of vanilla. Packing and lighting were easy. The smoke itself wasn't a stunner but provided a decent enough mix of vanilla and something fruity, possibly pineapple or mango, definitely had the whiff of something tropical about it. This one can bite, even when going easy on it, but it doesn't hammer the tongue too much.

Not a bad wee smoke I suppose but not particularly inspiring. The flavours are okay but are a little too on the mild side for my liking and a little bit of rough provided by the bite hampers it a little too. I don't regret trying it, in fact I'm grateful for the opportunity, but it's not one I'll miss in a hurry. There's a lot of other stuff out there I'd rather smoke but in their absence this would do okay. Two stars sums it up nicely.

Pipe Used: Finlay's Laureate Knobby

Purchased From: Gifted

gam86 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gam86 (34)

I'm not satisfied from this tobacco, I was hoping for a more "exotic" taste but, instead I got a danish aromatic style where neither one flavoring prevale over the other.

pipe4me Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipe4me (6)

One more very good aromatic blend from Skandinavik.Flavoring is orange,honey and whiskey.Fantastic aroma when opening the pouch till the end.Taste is mild.It burns a little bit fast and hot.So,slow smoking is recommended.Light tongue bite at the end of the bowl.

Pipe Used: briar

Pipedoctor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipedoctor (9)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

High quality aromatic. I can smell, and taste the whiskey btw.. Give it a try! Highly recommended :)

belgianpipesmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
belgianpipesmoker (1)

I really like this tobacco. It's a mild tobacco with a very mild vanilla tase. I can't taste the wiskey in it but i like it. the room note is fine too. I always taste somthing nougat in it

balmoralstamp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
balmoralstamp (2)
Mild to Medium Medium Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I got a sample from my tobacconist Robbe in Tilburg the Netherlands and...... I was sold. My favourite for the moment. Simply open the pouch and smell the different scents coming to you. Delicious. Burns easy and nice. Sweet but not too sweet

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)

being described as danish aromatic almost sums this blend review. light aromatic that leans on the cavendish flavoring which is compromised by heavy puffing (one have to smoke it slow to taste the casing promised). packs easly and smokes well and like many danish aromatics burns clean with not many left overs in the heel of your pipe. the aroma is acceptable to many and the price was right.

g_andrini Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
g_andrini (6)

For me is a good mixture. Flavour is very nice. It's my favourite Skandinavik.

PipePaladin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipePaladin (78)
Mild Medium Medium Tolerable

Well.. the description at the back of the pouch is very appealing and promising: orange, vanilla and whiskey! But the test drive is disappointing.. Maybe because I am not an aromatic person after all. Do give it a try but don't expect wonders.

DrY11 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrY11 (39)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The lady at the sales counter had commented that this is a nice blend. I decided to give it a try. It turned out that it burned quite hot and that I did not like the taste all that much after all.

I discovered that I could not smoke it straight! So I ended up gradually mixing it with other aromatic blends. Guess what: 50% of this blend mixed in with a hapahazard concoction of all other cheap aromatics around will get better comments than the most expensive of aromatics.

Anyhow, I cannot end up with the same mixture again - so I do not think that I will be buying much more of this.