Dulce de Leche is a vastly popular traditional candy in South America. This is the ultimate blend for the caramel lover. The base is comprised of Burley and Virginia.

FlavoringCaramel, Vanilla
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Taste

Jason h. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jason h. (40)

Pretty good, I taste coconut, and the caramel in this blend. Its pretty sweet and doesn't seem to bite your tounge. I would recommend this one to anyone who loves that caramel taste.

Pipe Used: Neereup

Purchased From: Pipes and Tobaccos

Mhulsey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mhulsey (35)

I don't smoke aromatics very often, but when I do, this is one of the only ones that I will smoke. This isn't a wet, gloopy highly cased aromatic that will clog up your pipe, but rather a lightly topped aromatic with hints of cream, caramel, and nuts that makes for a great after dinner smoke. So, on to the tin note, or should I say bag note. To me, this tobacco smells like an almond joy in the bag. You will again get notes of caramel, cream, a nuttiness or almost coconut smell, with maybe just a hint of a rum. The cut of the tobacco is a very uniform short ribbon which makes loading the pipe an easy task. The tobacco takes a light well as the moisture level is spot on perfect right out of the bag, again this is not a wet or gloopy aromatic. The taste of the tobacco is slightly sweet with hints of caramel or vanilla that reflect the creamy smell, but the nuttiness of the burley definitely shines through the most and seems to take center stage for the majority of the smoke. The taste of the smoke remains consistent from start to finish, so I wouldn't say that this is a very complex blend where the flavors are consistently evolving, but in my mind, this is exactly what I want in a dessert tobacco. I did not notice any tongue bite with this blend, but it is best sipped so that you can taste all of the different flavors that this has to offer. As for the room note, those around me mentioned that the smoke gave off the smell of vanilla, and most did not seem to be bothered by it in the least. The tobacco burned down to a fine gray powdery ash and did not leave the pipe fowled up or ghosted with any heavy smells or flavors. I have noticed that cleaning the pipe after smoking this blend is relatively simple, there is only the need to run a pipe cleaner through the stem once or twice just to remove any moisture from the stem itself. Overall, I have been very pleased with this aromatic and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a sweet tobacco for dessert.

Pipe Used: various briars

Age When Smoked: fresh from package

Purchased From: PipesandCigars.com

J.R. Patton Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
J.R. Patton (61)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Like other reviewers have said, taste is a combination of the caramel and vanilla that somehow vaguely, occasionally resembles coconut. Very pleasant and creamy, really. Not something that rocks my world, but it burns without issues. It's cool and never bitey. There's loads of smoke. The topping is not goopy wet, a big plus for me. And the flavor, to me, is interesting enough to push it from 2 to 3 stars.

Pipe Used: MM Morgan

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

RevTollers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RevTollers (3)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I got this blend in one of Pipes and cigars's sample packs.

While its not a terrible blend it suffers from being kind of underwhelming. It stayed lit, and smoked cold. It's flavor was alright but leaned towards the boring side. If you're new to pipe smoking this is a safe start, but anyone who's tried a couple blends already will have found something more exciting.

Pipe Used: Corncob

Purchased From: PipesandCigars.com

BOWLBRO Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BOWLBRO (7)

I must say, that given the name of this blend, I had high expectations, as I am a fan of caramel and vanilla flaovered blends. It was a bit of a let down for me, as I do think highly of Altadis blends. Altadis Caramelo has more of a detectable caramel flavor and smokes noticeably sweeter than this one. It certainly is not a bad smoke, it is more of a typical good quality smoke. Not a bad blend for a first timer, but nothing to paddle out on a big day for.